1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is ugly. Love the look of comic book Rhino and they could not have gone any farther away from it. And to make him a gun-blazing mech negates the brute genetic physical force he has always come to symbolize.

I'm sure the HT version of this will be another feat of engineering in toys, but the character design in atrocious. If this is what Rhino is, I have no desire to see ASM2 - but to each their own I suppose.

I'm sure the HT version of this will be another feat of engineering in toys, but the character design in atrocious. If this is what Rhino is, I have no desire to see ASM2 - but to each their own I suppose.

this shouldn't make you not see it. his screen time is a couple of minutes max from what i know. the movie is all about electro

I have to say this an impressive figure and is really, really massive to boot. Gotta be at least 20" tall if not more. Personally, I'd rather have a RoboCain from Robocop 2 or a re-release of the Power Loader at the end of the day.

How do people know this is top heavy and unbalanced? We got Hot Toys employees here now?

You can look at an item and see that it is top heavy. By the very definition it can refer to weight, proportion, or both. If nothing else its often used to describe certain women. Man, are u guys all shut ins? :lol

Although I may be pissing against the wind here, having seen this in the movie (for 3 seconds), I really like this. Would love to see it on all fours or with Giamatti head sculpt. I thought he was wonderfully OTT in the film. Grrr, grr, grr.. I'm really really bad.
:monkey3

I'm gonna have him dry humping my ED 209.

Although I may be pissing against the wind here, having seen this in the movie (for 3 seconds), I really like this. Would love to see it on all fours or with Giamatti head sculpt. I thought he was wonderfully OTT in the film. Grrr, grr, grr.. I'm really really bad.
:monkey3

I'm gonna have him dry humping my ED 209.

Damn, spoiler alert. 3 seconds!? That sucks. Does the movie?

Damn, spoiler alert. 3 seconds!? That sucks. Does the movie?
I exaggerated slightly but it is a very brief appearance.. :lol
I really enjoyed it, the main performances are great, and that pretty much makes the movie for me. And there are some incredible Spidey sequences.
Flawed but a joyous cinema experience if you go in with the right frame of mind. IMAX 3D make it similar to a Disney ride intro...

Last edited:
Well lookey, they found a way to put an Iron Man in Spiderman.

This would have been an awesome Iron Man foe.

Jokes aside, this thing looks absolutely awesome. Too bad its gonna be $600 because I would LOVE to have this piece in my collection... no matter how bad the movie is.

This thing totally makes me want to see a movie about clunky robots fighting.

Exactly my feeling!
It still probably has more screen time than Whiplash II in IM2..they are making it and it's appearance is very very very brief
Maybe Howard loves big armored nasties far more than you think!

Maybe Howard loves big armored nasties far more than you think!

Asians love robots. :dunno

I want to see a movie with a bunch of custom robots like the Mark I and Rhino doing battle. Maybe a droid Fight Club gone awry type of thing. Opposite of that silly Real Steel ET-wannabe.

Last edited:
Huge awesome super complex piece. I really like the design. This is how I would want to pose him:

ASM2-Rhino-EW.jpg

That's what I'm wondering too. Frankly I'd prefer if he didn't actually glow and he is just painted/use of translucent plastics are used to create the illusion. I mean unless he could be plugged into an outlet 99.9% of the time he's going to be on someone's display unlit. Its just not practical to have him lit up all the time so they might as well just try to paint him in a way he just looks like he is glowing.

But there really only should be the head and hands to light up if they make him in the full suit right? They've done light up heads and hand with Iron Man (not to the extent Electro would need, but its not out of their range at least). Still odd to go with such a big an elaborate figure though, especially one that has probably gotten the least amount of marketing presence.

Well the only flesh showing would be head and finger tips. All they have to do is have a translucent blue head with a light in the chest cavity that shines up and ones in the arms to light the translucent fingers.

image.jpg

Or they could forego lights and just paint it with lots of detailing.

Not at all. Thats just the most obvious symptom of a terrible casting choice. When I tried to watch Spider-man I saw a hip, snarky, pretty boy, ********* plugged into a role that had nothing to do with the character I grew up reading.

Suspension of disbelief is essential to movie watching. I never was able to believe Andrew Garfield was an awkward outcast.

Well then you should definatley go to see it as Peter is characterised quite differently in ASM2, he's much more easy going and likable.

I'm not one to dock against the IM3 armors (because really, they look nice), but an actual supervillain entry as a HT figure is always better than another Iron Man suit that Tony Stark never even wore onscreen and only barely seen for as little as a few seconds.:lecture

Agreed.

I exaggerated slightly but it is a very brief appearance.. :lol
I really enjoyed it, the main performances are great, and that pretty much makes the movie for me. And there are some incredible Spidey sequences.
Flawed but a joyous cinema experience if you go in with the right frame of mind. IMAX 3D make it similar to a Disney ride intro...
All the spidey movies are flawed even the great SM2.

I will...please produce them. :wink1:
No confirmation. It just looks like they're talking about each villain along with the story of the movie. However I would guess that they are going to be doing all 3 with Rhino just being the biggest and less popular one being pushed out first.

1921919_639229836155908_188601517741150153_n.jpg

Back