1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd be surprised what people will pay for custom stuff, even more so with 1/4 statues where a custom head can cost as much as a mass production statue. There's a market for just about anything really.

Speaking of, who sells the $100 kryptonite spear? I've only seen the $35 one.

Oh no, I'm sure there is. However, I also think it depends on what the item is. Custom capes for instance that greatly improve a figure where the general consensus is that the stock cape is a monstrosity, I think a lot of people will still be interested because it greatly improves the overall look of the figure. Accessories or sculpts that really aren't necessary to make the figure look good because the figure already looks good as is or the stock sculpt isn't a monstrosity, I think there won't necessarily be a high market for.

In order to stay ahead of the curve, the idea is to offer something similar at a lower price or offer something better at the same price or only slightly higher. Even though many customs by private customizers are spectacular, I sometimes don't think they're THAT spectacular to warrant say a $50-$100 price disparity when the mass produced one isn't necessarily that much worse than the custom one. That being the case, I think many people would find it more practical and more price friendly while not necessarily being far worse in quality.

Though when it comes down to it, it's others' money and they're of course by all means free to spend it how they like.

And as mentioned, regarding the spear, Tony Mei's I've heard is in the $100 range.

Just got this guy during the week,never owned the Light Armor version,and damn! This is a beautiful figure,one of my favourites in the collection now
b86e050e1f926c20578b8d54176045e2.jpg
0d3bd5b8d827fe7fedd6154b3140c113.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Great pics!
Nice lighting, too. It brings out the already great likeness when there are decent shadows.
Thanks,I agree under nice lighting it just enhances what's already a great fig

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Seemingly my Thor figure does have a short left leg (or a problem with its hip). Does anybody else have this problem? And an idea how to fix it? :dunno

Has anyone tried taking off the suit? I'm thinking of switching the body. I bent the left arm a little and I started to see it split. Planning on using the Dark World body with armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This us my first time in this thread in about a year. Read over the last 12 pages and haven't seen any other cases of splits or deterioration. Anyone have any problems? Has anyone been leaving the arms bent or is everyone using a safe pose?

Seemingly my Thor figure does have a short left leg (or a problem with its hip). Does anybody else have this problem? And an idea how to fix it? :dunno

My problem with my HT figure's legs wasn't that the one leg was too short, it was that the other leg wasn't fully inserted at the knee. Another possibility is that the ankle pegs are different lengths.

This us my first time in this thread in about a year. Read over the last 12 pages and haven't seen any other cases of splits or deterioration. Anyone have any problems? Has anyone been leaving the arms bent or is everyone using a safe pose?

I bought a Phicen M34 to replace the HT Thor in case either's elbows start cracking. For giggles, I tried swapping bodies. The armor has small seams where it was fastened with glue. I separated my armor at these seams. However, if you're gonna use a bulky body like the M34 or a Chris Redfield, you'll have to re-connect the armor seams, then split the armor somewhere concealed, like the back, where it's covered by the cape. Otherwise, the armor won't fit.

I know a lot of people swapped to larger bodies like the Redfield, but I want to keep the original body. I was wondering now that it's over a year down the road, how everyone's stock body is holding up and if anyone left the arms bent and didn't have problems

I know a lot of people swapped to larger bodies like the Redfield, but I want to keep the original body. I was wondering now that it's over a year down the road, how everyone's stock body is holding up and if anyone left the arms bent and didn't have problems

I haven't had any problems over the last year, but I also haven't left his arms bent in any extreme ways.

My problem with my HT figure's legs wasn't that the one leg was too short, it was that the other leg wasn't fully inserted at the knee. Another possibility is that the ankle pegs are different lengths.

Thanks, I didn´t think of that. Hmmm ... Is this something I can fix myself? Without trying to get his trousers off? I´m a coward when it comes to "repairing" Hot Toys-figures. :lol

I've actually kept mine straight in a museum pose. It's only until I tried posing it for pictures is when I saw it split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, wonder how it split when you didn't leave it posed for a long period.

IIRC, wasn't this a revised material that was supposed to be more durable than the old rubber?

I haven't had any problems over the last year, but I also haven't left his arms bent in any extreme ways.

Did you leave them slightly bent, or not at all?

P.S.: I checked my figure once more: the ankle pegs do have the same lenghts and the knees can be bent without any problem. So I guess they are both inserted properly at the knee?

As you can see in the first picture, the figure doesn´t stand straight at all. I put a ruler right below the kneepads (second picture) just to show how uneven they are. (Please excuse the crappy qualitiy of my photos).

Attachments

• IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 158
I've never see anything like that. Like C0L0SSUS said, are you sure the knee-joint is pushed all the way into the thigh?

I´m pretty sure, yes. Otherwise they would fall apart if I tried to bend them, wouldn´t they? I am a bit hesitant to use too much force when trying to push them, I´m afraid. I don´t want to ddamage anything. Any suggestions? :pray:

Back