1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not exactly the right thread for it, but I guess it is a little early for a Thor Ragnarok thread... but it looks like New Zealand director Taika Waititi is set to direct the third Thor movie.. Probably not so well known overseas, but he has done a couple of suprise hit movies down here, and has links with the Flight of the Conchord guys.. (some may have heard of him from Eagle vs Shark)

Kiwi director Taika Waititi set to take the helm of Hollywood blockbuster Thor 3 | Stuff.co.nz

Hey man. Toy anxiety has the DW body with the armored arms for around 65. Pretty decent price if all you want is the body. I just checked so it's still there as of 8:10pm est

Hey man. Toy anxiety has the DW body with the armored arms for around 65. Pretty decent price if all you want is the body. I just checked so it's still there as of 8:10pm est

Thanks for the heads up man, I just ordered it :) now it's just the waiting game with the post man lol

Big thanks to everyone for your help, haven't done any customising before so no clue where to look for partsother than ebay.

Cool. Congrats. And you are most welcome. If you need any other info let me know. The suits are often glued together, or stitched in place so it takes a little time and effort to take them apart and reassemble. But it's not super hard or anything. Patience is the biggest thing.

When you get it all set up be sure to share some pics!

Looks like Thor is as big as Superman.

197b63fed284169b134f3dc1a221a3dc.jpg

That must be one prodigous figure then. The MoS figures are pretty large in comparison to others.

I suppose AoU Thor would have to be as big though in order to be slightly taller than AoU Cap, being that AoU Cap is a pretty large figure himself.

To get an idea if he's taller than AoU Cap, now that we know AoU Thor is as tall (perhaps even a smidge taller actually) as MoS Supes, just compare AoU Cap and MoS Supes side by side.

Well, I got my Thor in last night, and after debating for a while... I decided to keep the Dark World headsculpt
on this new Thor's body. Despite him having not-so-golden hair, the DW sculpt is so much more expressive.

The new sculpt, while still looking like Hemsworth from certain angles, has an issue with the eyes.
I think they are too small and the irises are larger, making him look kind of squinty-eyed. Hard to tell from
all the pictures thus far but when you look at the two headsculpts side-by-side it is definitely noticeable.

Other than that, he is taller than all previous Thor figures, as discussed already. I think he fits just fine
with AoU Cap and the Mark XLIII. I like the new cape, and while I appreciate the light-up Mjolnir, I am sticking
with my original Avengers version. I preferred the thicker handle and the lighter color of the leather
along with the diecast feel of it.

Very cool DRW, congrats on the acquisition! :clap

Would you perhaps be able to take a picture of AoU Thor next to AoU Cap?

I didn't even notice the rooted hair on the Thor figure in that photo initially. Looks pretty good.

However, I tend to feel that sculpted hair generally looks better on male figures for some reason than what rooted hair does. Rooted hair tends to generally work and look better on female figures. Just my opinion. :)

Back