1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't done a close comparison, the only things I noticed initially:

1. Different Hair Sculpt
2. Cape on AOU version looks like a darker red - more "velvetty"
3. The added undershirt in the AOU version - really like how this looks and hides the joints.
4. Silver armor accents for AOU version vs goldish accent

Even the oval of the knee has been changed. Now they project less than TDW. This is just a correction.

Tried to circle the obvious diff so far. The discs, outer vest layout, undershirt, boots, inner vest color/shade, armor on the side of the thighs, and the cape appears darker. That could be just lighting, no way to know at this point. Plus the new HS/design and base and hammer.

image.jpg

I definitely don't like the new headsculpt :(, I like the gold on the hair though makes him look more blonde. I do want that that hammer though.

I have read this thread as well as the others regarding AoU figures. While I see the things that some people are complaining about from past figures to current figures, (esp. Thor & Black Widow) I can say that, without a doubt, in my opinion,
"This figure is a perfect example of exhaustive study and feedback from Hot Toys collectors. It has absolutely everything some want and absolutely nothing that some others don't want and vice versa. It is both 100% perfect and and a complete and total fail at the same time, depending on your opinion. It is the best of both worlds. Others opinions may vary." :D
Ryan

The best ever or fail is a pretty standard response on here. People get what they ask for and it's still a fail. They get lower price, it's still a fail. They get added accesorus...they where the "wrong" ones so it's a fail. Gotta love it. The same people that want 100% screen accurate are mad it's not armored. Even though he was sleeveless a lot more. They want a dynamic face...even though 90% of the time people have the "relaxed" expressions. They said just release it already I'll take anything...and they complain. Same things gonna happen with drax. Hot toys can't win, no matter what they do.

Back