1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that Evans(or one of them) used to text Assemble to the group when they were filming to let them know it was lunch time :lol

Especially after he had second billing in the first Avengers film.

He needs to fire his agent. Its one thing not being able to top Downey, but to end up fourth is just criminal.

Hopefully he'll be back to second billing in Infinity Wars and Downey BETTER get second billing in Civil War.

He needs to fire his agent. Its one thing not being able to top Downey, but to end up fourth is just criminal.

Hopefully he'll be back to second billing in Infinity Wars and Downey BETTER get second billing in Civil War.

You'd think that Evans would headline a Cap movie, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if RDJ somehow got co-headline credit for Civil War.

You'd think that Evans would headline a Cap movie, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if RDJ somehow got co-headline credit for Civil War.

It'll probably go like this:

'CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR' CHRIS EVANS • SCARLETT JOHANSSON • SEBASTIAN STAN • JEREMY RENNER • ELIZABETH OLSEN • ANTHONY MACKIE • DON CHEADLE • PAUL RUDD • CHADWICK BOSEMAN • TOM HOLLAND • FRANK GRILLO • EMILY VAN CAMP • DANIEL BRUHL • MARTIN FREEMAN • WILLIAM HURT with PAUL BETTANY and ROBERT DOWNEY JR.

The "and" is a soft approach to shared top billing. I think Beetlejuice was the first time I noticed a title character received the "and' treatment.

If they have the balls to do a ROBERT DOWNEY JR. 'CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR" - I'll projectile vomit.

I agree with that.... RDJ will likely get the "and" billing, because he is the biggest name (both on and off screen) in the movie, but isn't the title character...

I agree with that.... RDJ will likely get the "and" billing, because he is the biggest name (both on and off screen) in the movie, but isn't the title character...

I'm still annoyed that Marvel had to turn Cap 3 into Civil War. This is a bigger Avengers movie than both Avengers movies. There are sooooo many heroes. My theory is they were going to do Civil War as an Avengers movie but the Spider Man deal made them wanna intro Spidey quick. Whedon revealed talks with Sony began in 2014 so McFeely and Markus hadn't finished writing Cap 3. It also explains how their initial comments about the film being based on Fallen Son went out the window when the Sony deal was made.

The other thing to consider is that RDJ, Evans & Hemsworth are all gonna jump ship after 2019, so if Civil War was originally their idea for Avengers 4, Infinity Wars may have ended up being only one film.

32.jpg

I'm still annoyed that Marvel had to turn Cap 3 into Civil War. This is a bigger Avengers movie than both Avengers movies. There are sooooo many heroes. My theory is they were going to do Civil War as an Avengers movie but the Spider Man deal made them wanna intro Spidey quick. Whedon revealed talks with Sony began in 2014 so McFeely and Markus hadn't finished writing Cap 3. It also explains how their initial comments about the film being based on Fallen Son went out the window when the Sony deal was made.

The other thing to consider is that RDJ, Evans & Hemsworth are all gonna jump ship after 2019, so if Civil War was originally their idea for Avengers 4, Infinity Wars may have ended up being only one film.

But the Spidey deal was announced after Civil War (and Phase 3) was- would Marvel really have held off on announcing something that big when they were already announcing all their Phase 3 plans? I know they wanted to use Spidey for Civil War, but I actually think Marvel would want to wait to introduce him given that Amazing Spider-man 2 is so fresh in people's minds.

I don't remember any comments about Fallen Son as the basis for Cap 3 (I do remember something about 50's Cap, which may have been a red herring), but how could they have done Fallen Son before Civil War? Cap dies before Fallen Son, so he wouldn't be around for Civil War (sans some silly resurrection or fake-out for Infinity War). And it'd feel pretty cheap to have Cap die at the beginning of his own movie. If they were going to do a Nomad-like story (which is where I saw Cap going thematically after TWS), then I can see how Civil War is thematically similar and ties into the larger MCU better. They can still end with a Fallen Son-like finale, but I don't see how viable it would be for it to be the main plot.

All that said, I was never a fan of Civil War, so I'm just trusting Marvel at this point to make a good movie out of the story. And I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill Cap and do a silly resurrection for Infinity War (yes, I know what I said before).

I already have the Dark World Thor (the chain mail version) but I'm terribly tempted to get this Thor too. The new head sculpt, LED hammer, and the sleeveless look are really hard to pass up. He's definitely on the bottom of my priority list beneath the other Avengers though.

Back