1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Agreed, I'd love that display. And they are trending toward the display pieces so it's possible..

As for the armor...I don't think it changed a lot....

Did Heimdall's armor change much from the first Thor to TDW?

Had some changes but not too significant. His TDW armor had a lot more intricate details.

Had some changes but not too significant. His TDW armor had a lot more intricate details.

Yeah, but I hated how they made the helmet opening bigger so you could see more of Idris' face. They also shortened the back of the helmet. I just loved how the original one looked more. Plus, he just had more armor on his body in general in the first.

Thor-The-Dark-World-Heimdall.png

latest

tumblr_ma717tV02b1rw2uyvo7_1280.jpg

Well having the opening larger is just smart film making. What's the point of paying someone to not be seen. Could do CG and voice over for that. The rest (armor) could be because the actor asked for more movement/freedom.

About Thor ... would cool if the figure came with the option of the armored down look he has on the Quinjet after their raid on Hydra.

Well having the opening larger is just smart film making. What's the point of paying someone to not be seen. Could do CG and voice over for that. The rest (armor) could be because the actor asked for more movement/freedom.

Well it's not like you couldn't tell who it was in the first film but I know for a fact they made his role bigger in the 2nd one cause he was a fan favorite and was getting more famous in general. And I get the whole movement thing but I just thought he looked way cooler in the first.

Yeah, but I hated how they made the helmet opening bigger so you could see more of Idris' face. They also shortened the back of the helmet. I just loved how the original one looked more. Plus, he just had more armor on his body in general in the first.

Thor-The-Dark-World-Heimdall.png

latest

tumblr_ma717tV02b1rw2uyvo7_1280.jpg

Agreed, first helmet design looks way better. Either way, I'll buy a Heimdall if they ever make him which at this point...isn't looking good.

No lie Idris small scene in AOU was one of the best acting performances of the entire film...lol

No lie Idris small scene in AOU was one of the best acting performances of the entire film...lol

I'm actually curious as to what Heimdall as been up to since TDW. With Loki on the Throne I can't imagine he let Heimdall return to his position. Surely he would see what Loki was doing or figure it out.

I'm actually curious as to what Heimdall as been up to since TDW. With Loki on the Throne I can't imagine he let Heimdall return to his position. Surely he would see what Loki was doing or figure it out.
That's a good point. He has formidable power and considerable disdain for Loki, not to mention full loyalty to Thor. I hope they explore that plot line in Thor 3. More Heimdall = better.

heres a dark world thor i did a mod on. i thought he had too much hair on his sides. most the time he has a few strands or even all the hair behind his shoulders. so i cut some off. now i can put the hair either way. i know some wont like the cut look but i do :) anyways i hope hot toys does a newer sculpt or same sculpt with a hair style closer to this.

So this is the screen time for each Avenger in Age of Ultron.

Vision - 8:41
Thor - 14:18
Hawkeye - 19:56
Scarlet Witch - 20:59
Bruce Banner / Hulk - 23:55
Quicksilver - 26:43
Black Widow - 33:07
Iron Man - 45:34
Captain America - 50:25

Cool stats; thanks. Not surprising that Iron Man and Cap topped the list, though I thought there would be more IM actually.

AoU felt much more like a team effort than the "Iron Man and Friends" feel that first one had.

I agree- surprised how much less IM had the lead role...but that is one reason I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one- to me IM is the key(and my favorite character:lol)

I agree- surprised how much less IM had the lead role...but that is one reason I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one- to me IM is the key(and my favorite character:lol)

Would have liked to see more Thor honestly. Not sure if it's what Marvel has done with him in the "cinema verse" or maybe just Chris Hemsworth's portrayal but I'm really liking Thor.
I've thought of getting some Comics because I don't know much beyond the movies but have the feeling it'd be pretty different, not be anything like the Hemsworth portrayal.

Plus right now Thor is a female with Thor Odinson looking on unhappy(from what I understand anyway.) Maybe I'll pick up the VoL1 Thor Goddess of Thunder when it releases later this month.

Plus right now Thor is a female with Thor Odinson looking on unhappy(from what I understand anyway.) Maybe I'll pick up the VoL1 Thor Goddess of Thunder when it releases later this month.

Great now I'll have to buy that :lol

Back