1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never liked the look of the character in the film, not saying they could have done better, it just isn't Vision to me. Still think Hot Toy did a great job with the character.

Hmm, I still think it is debatable that holding the hammer alone would give him Thor's powers and control over thunder and lightning. It certainly doesn't make Thor a normal Asgardian if he's not carrying the hammer (in the comics at least).. The key word up there being "IF" he be worthy. I may be looking at it the wrong way though..

There have been several times that Thor has lost the ability to lift his hammer and he does indeed loose his ability to control the weather. At times he becomes a normal human and others he just looses his Thor specific abilities and is a "normal Asgardian" which is still superhuman. Other characters have lifted his hammer and gotten all of his powers as well... Beta Ray Bill, Storm, Black Widow and the current Thor, Jane Foster, to name a few.
There really is nothing to debate if you can lift the hammer, you are Thor. When Thor looses his hammer he looses his ability to control the storms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok.. fair enough, it that's the way the enchantment works, then I'll go with that. But in that particular scene, Thor didn't just cease to be Thor because he wasn't holding the hammer. Vision didn't become Thor or take over from him merely by lifting it. He just lifted it. The hammer still "obeyed" him, and the profiecy from the first movie (during the events of the Destroyer fight) still applied to him. If Vision is able to harness the magic powers just by lifting it, then that would have made for a good scene in the last battle...

. But in that particular scene, Thor didn't just cease to be Thor because he wasn't holding the hammer. Vision didn't become Thor or take over from him merely by lifting it. .

My thoughts on this is that Thor didn't loose his worthiness and Vision didn't try to use any of the God powers. If we're using the comics as a standard Vis could have used those powers and if he did Thor would have become "normal"

I want to pose my Vision like this, but is it actually possible to futz the cape this way?:
74e66513e13f150cd97ae8546a80faef.jpg

(Note: This is not the Hot Toys fig)

I want to pose my Vision like this, but is it actually possible to futz the cape this way?:
74e66513e13f150cd97ae8546a80faef.jpg

(Note: This is not the Hot Toys fig)

I don't think so. Because I don't see a wire on the bottom of the cape.

I don't think so. Because I don't see a wire on the bottom of the cape.

Ok. Thank you. Maybe if anyone attaches a thin wire to the inside-bottom of the cape, a more "digital" wavy look can be achieved.

If anyone is going to utilize the power of Mjolnir for a scene it should be Cap. I'm still irritated Steve didn't lift it instead.

Thank you. That was my main gripe about AoU.

I'm wondering how far down Vision's feet point. I'm looking to avoid the "invisible staircase" look for flying poses.

Any ideas how different the Civil War version would be? not sure if they shown Vision on posters yet, maybe one of you guys know.

Thanks

Back