1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why it would.. Vision was able to wield the hammer, but that doesn't mean by itself that he can summon Thor's powers.

Sure it does. "Whosoever holds the hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine as well...nice addition to give some variety to the shelf:

Thanks for the review!!! I'm not sure what color his skin is "supposed to be" so I am not saying that they got it "wrong", but I would have preferred it to be more red. But that's not keeping me from getting this. It looks great, though I do agree the cape looks a bit like a "shower curtain". lol. I'm sure it was a challenge to get that right because I am pretty sure the cape in the movie was digital (or mostly digital) and it had an unearthly quality that would be hard to duplicate in real life.

The only other thing I am a little disappointed to discover is that the flexible dynamic stand rod won't fit into the AOU Thor base. I was hoping I could have swapped that piece out and use it on the AOU Thor base for my Thor. Oh well.

Sure it does. "Whosoever holds the hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I still think it is debatable that holding the hammer alone would give him Thor's powers and control over thunder and lightning. It certainly doesn't make Thor a normal Asgardian if he's not carrying the hammer (in the comics at least).. The key word up there being "IF" he be worthy. I may be looking at it the wrong way though..

Thanks for the review!!! I'm not sure what color his skin is "supposed to be" so I am not saying that they got it "wrong", but I would have preferred it to be more red. But that's not keeping me from getting this. It looks great, though I do agree the cape looks a bit like a "shower curtain". lol. I'm sure it was a challenge to get that right because I am pretty sure the cape in the movie was digital (or mostly digital) and it had an unearthly quality that would be hard to duplicate in real life.

The only other thing I am a little disappointed to discover is that the flexible dynamic stand rod won't fit into the AOU Thor base. I was hoping I could have swapped that piece out and use it on the AOU Thor base for my Thor. Oh well.

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's hard to catch the color right, especially under very bright bulbs. Vision definately is more on the purpleish side than red...and in my review the purple seems to be a bit too prominent. But i needed the light to show the details...so probably the "real in hand look" is more appropriate if you look at the photos of IronMan81 , but its no where red as on some movie photos. And yeah...the cape is one of the biggest flaws since a long time in terms of Hot Toys accuracy...no idea what they were thinking. I'm sure if they really would have tried they'd found a better solution...with a more artificial material.

And yeah...the cape is one of the biggest flaws since a long time in terms of Hot Toys accuracy...no idea what they were thinking. I'm sure if they really would have tried they'd found a better solution...with a more artificial material.

I'm not going to hold out or wait for the civil war version, but perhaps it will have an improved cape.

The whole it's not the correct material argument is pretty odd. There is no correct material. This isn't like batman where there's a legit 1/1 cape you can compare it to (and even with batman it's hard to do Becuase material doesn't scale well). The cape is digital. So if you want correct material remove the cape and replace it with nothing. Then you have a screen accurate cape.

Could they have improved it. Sure. But would people rather have this version for 220 or a slightly improved cape where the material feels a little better but the figure costs say 260?

As for his color...looks pretty accurate to me. Just depends what single image your using for comparison. This is the case with every figure. You can find a screencap that doesn't match and ones that do.

image.jpeg
image.jpg

Sorry if this has been answered but do we know for definite wether the cape is wired?

The whole it's not the correct material argument is pretty odd. There is no correct material. This isn't like batman where there's a legit 1/1 cape you can compare it to (and even with batman it's hard to do Becuase material doesn't scale well). The cape is digital. So if you want correct material remove the cape and replace it with nothing. Then you have a screen accurate cape.

Could they have improved it. Sure. But would people rather have this version for 220 or a slightly improved cape where the material feels a little better but the figure costs say 260?

As for his color...looks pretty accurate to me. Just depends what single image your using for comparison. This is the case with every figure. You can find a screencap that doesn't match and ones that do.

View attachment 241815
View attachment 241816

100% :goodpost:

Yea, as I mentioned before, "I'm sure it was a challenge to get that right because I am pretty sure the cape in the movie was digital (or mostly digital) and it had an unearthly quality that would be hard to duplicate in real life." So, I would never say the cape on the figure is "incorrect". I would like to think it could be improved, I am not sure why a different material would necessarily mean it would cost more, but at the same time I think it's easy to say we want something else without doing the the work they have to do to try different kinds of materials to decide what looks best and is most cost effective to produce. Overall- I see this "problem" as just the nature of trying to give digital images on film a physical representation - there is simply no way it can be translated exactly.

Yup, you're right. Like I said before, "I'm not sure what color his skin is "supposed to be" so I am not saying that they got it "wrong", but I would have preferred it to be more red." So to be clear, perhaps my preference for having his skin be more red should probably be taken up with Joss Whedon and not Hot Toys.

Still I think this is a GREAT looking figure. I havn't PO'ed yet but I am getting this for sure.

My favorite thing about this character is when he says that a thing "isn't beautiful because it lasts." I don't know if I need the figure. At least not this version.

Back