1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want my goddamned Hulk and to complete my pretty set of Avengers sitting on my shelf. Ship this badass to me Sideshow, you are testing my patience!

These two figures (Neca IM & HT Hulk) are about the same size and the Neca IM is way more complex than the HT Hulk yet the Neca IM is cheaper in price by far. Why? Is this not a reasonable question?

omg_wut_gif.gif

Do any of you own a Neca IM? I own both Neca and HT IM. The only difference is size and price. The articulation is pretty much the same. So when I ask the simple question "why" I'm called insulting names. Great bunch of collectors here. Ask a question, get insulted.

Where is the love?

Do any of you own a Neca IM? I own both Neca and HT IM. The only difference is size and price. The articulation is pretty much the same. So when I ask the simple question "why" I'm called insulting names. Great bunch of collectors here. Ask a question, get insulted.

Where is the love?

This was a statement not a question:

These two figures (Neca IM & HT Hulk) are about the same size and the Neca IM is way more complex than the HT Hulk yet the Neca IM is cheaper in price by far.

Secondly, I didn't call you names but you certainly didn't hesitate to lump everyone who disagrees with you in the same boat.

Secondly, I didn't call you names but you certainly didn't hesitate to lump everyone who disagrees with you in the same boat.

Calling me " idiotic " is not calling me a name or insulting? Everyone is entitled to their opinon. Everyone but me, right? I never insulted anyone and I never will.

Yes Neca IM and Hulk are the same size, but I don't think your taking into account the development cost. The Neca IM was probably a 3D Model, that a computer just cranked out. Hulks head was sculpted buy hand, that artist has to get paid. And while they had 3D models of Hulk, his body was also sculpt by hand, by a different artist who needs to get paid as well. Then they needed engineers to design how this body was constructed. Its essentially a plastic skeleton with ratcheting joints wrapped in a PVC skin. Everything on Hulk required a new mold. And then they gave him articulated eyes because why not?

Also theres different materials, the Neca IM is basically made of plastic, screws, wires and led lights. Hulk has plastic, screws, PVC, Fabric pants, magnets in his head and rubber bendy hands.

Then finally theres the paint which is way more complex then it seems. Neca IM pretty much just has a solid coat of whichever color they needed for each area of the figure. I think it might have some metallic highlights here and there, then the whole thing probably got a gloss coat (its really shiny) Hulk on the other hand is far more detailed than he appears, You get up close and he has fine hairs all over his legs and chest. Veins on his muscles and multi color skin tone. Then you get to his face and... I mean just look at his teeth! Its crazy! They went in and added all the grime to his teeth and skin texture, the pores of his skin.Then his eyes, his hair. its a much more intricate process.

Is Hulk over priced? Sure maybe he's 10 or 20 dollars over priced cause HT is greedy (they are greedy) I remember before price was announced, people were expecting it to be way higher, 350 was the minimum being predicted and then they come in under 300. I was stunned at the price. But theres no way they could sell this thing for $87 and make a profit.

My original comparison was with the HT Hulk and the Neca IM. Not comparing all Neca against HT figures. (But Neca IM to HT IM works too)

These two figures (Neca IM & HT Hulk) are about the same size and the Neca IM is way more complex than the HT Hulk yet the Neca IM is cheaper in price by far. Why? Is this not a reasonable question?

The additional MSRP covers just about every aspect of the production, and I would guess that every single stage in the HT production pipeline involves a greater expense than the respective development stages of the typical Neca. It all adds up. If the HT versions were just 10% less well resolved it'd probably halve the cost of their figures.

actually it is Wrong to Compare NECA IM7 with the HT Hulk based on the Size... for the price

i saw a Thor 16" Figure for 19.99$, So i can compare with the Same size HT Hulk ?.... is that Consider a Comparison ?

If you want to compare between the two Companies (HT & NECA)for the price difference... you need to compare between two same characters... which applies on Iron Man Mark VII & Captain America (both Companies Have them)

the Comparison between them:

1st: The Quality
2nd: the Head Sculpt (NECA DON'T HAVE ANY EXTRA)
3rd: Accessories (NECA DON'T HAVE ANY)
4th: light feature
5th: the Paint Job & Finishing

NECA IRON MAN is Limited to 7500 PCS with 85$ range price and you can see till now it is Still available on the Market for near 100$ ... same price range since release time

HT IRON MAN is limited ( I don't know how much quantity but more than NECA for Sure) with price 229$ and it is available on the Market for 400$ cheapest (almost double the price) because the the preorder sold out long time back

this will give you an idea that HT is more on demand because the Quality and that's why the price is different between (HT and NECA)

That guy action movie is making such poseurs statements.... If you dont see the difference in quality between Hot Toys and Neca, you dont deserve to be in this hobby and you're a troll.Spawn Board rejects go away.I say Ban him!

That guy action movie is making such poseurs statements.... If you dont see the difference in quality between Hot Toys and Neca, you dont deserve to be in this hobby and you're a troll.Spawn Board rejects go away.I say Ban him!

WOW Ban me? Really.
Does anyone who's feeling that I'm so off base even own the Neca IM? If not, then how can you have any proof of your statements?

Hey I love action figures just as much, but never over a person, especially for just expressing an opinion. which is what we all are doing. This is the place for that, right?

I appreciated Centrocal comments and he made some good points. This a good conversation. Insulting each other wouldn't help our conversation at all. There were others who posted well. and I thank those posters too.:hi5:

This is what I do with my figures and I have the same plans for my HT Hulk figure.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMDqOOn8Q0o[/ame]

Last edited:
For me the best comparison between high end and low end figures is cars. You have several kinds of cars. KIA to Ferrari. Both are cars but the difference is in the price and quality.

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should not be criticized for it.
Lets move on and go back to what this thread was designed for!

:)

Does anyone who's feeling that I'm so off base even own the Neca IM? If not, then how can you have any proof of your statements?

I did own a Neca IM for a bit. Do you own any HT IM figures?

As a static figure the NECA looks good (well somewhat good, mine kept falling down the ankles were too weak to hold the figure), but is definitely not anywhere near the quality of a HT figure. It simply is not, and there is no debate about it. Close up inspection of the NECA IM really shows that.

From paint and fine details to accuracy Neca really shows what it is, a low budget collectible/high priced toy.

Not necessarily a bad thing as there is a market for them, but one would never consider them high end, and definitely not in the same league as the Hot Toys brand.

At least I would not.

Back