1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

This looks INCREDIBLE! :rock Bare bones, yes, but dang. How many of us would have killed to pay this much for a custom Hulk a couple years ago that looked this good.

I'm in. Another sculpt would have put me over the edge but as is, I'm in.

:goodpost::exactly:

My HULK budget was $400,
I was willing to pay $350 for the AniCom Hulk

$280 shipped is such a bargain :rock

This came in right where it should have been. Less than $300.

$300 isn't bad in my book. Plus at $75 a month it's almost a steal. Oh if I didn't have bills to catch up on I'd be getting this.

Maybe later when I have money to play with. :)

We are all making a major sacrifice for one common goal....To have the Avengers assembled on our shelf...I think that's worth the money.

So the arms are PVC and shouldn't deteriorate?

Huh?

Sideshows website states the following:

"Giant green-skinned muscular body featuring detailed skin texture and tendons, with over 20 points of articulation including built-in joints in neck and arms which allow flexible movement"

There is also a comparison pic showing and arm posed both straighter and more flexed. The only conclusion I can draw is that the arms and torso are covered in a rubber outer layer. Think I would have preferred more limited articulation and PVC arms/torso. Likely a deal-breaker for me...too bad this figure looks really great. Was also surprised by the inclusion of PERS.

I'm surprised everyone is OK with the price.

I'm not. I think its over priced. I have a few rewards points at AE, so I can pick him up there for $260 or I can get it from Sideshow for free. Still undecided.

I'm not. I think its over priced. I have a few rewards points at AE, so I can pick him up there for $260 or I can get it from Sideshow for free. Still undecided.

I agree. I think it's still slightly overpriced too. But it's priced just enough that folks will get it. Considering everyone was speculating it would be over $300 (which I thought would have been totally ridiculous) I'm fine in the end.

PO'd. **** the haters.

Was also surprised by the inclusion of PERS.

actually, it's not PERS. This one has "separate rolling eyeballs", whereas PERS is Parallel Eyeball Rolling System, ie both at the same time.

think i'll be getting this, but like others, i may wait it out and get it at release

the only thing i'm worried about is the size, that shouldn't affect the quantity made should it?

as for accessories, i'm actually happy to have him without them, but agree the price could have been slightly lower to reflect this, but i geuss we're paying for the R&R on this guy as well

The idea of a base was a good one, so i think i'll look into making one of my own or see if anyone on here starts and interest thread and makes one

does anyone have any idea of how wide he might be? i just hope he'll fit in the detolf, no good taking a shelf out if he's too wide.

there's an innuendo in there somewhere, i'm sure of it

I agree. I think it's still slightly overpriced too. But it's priced just enough that folks will get it. Considering everyone was speculating it would be over $300 (which I thought would have been totally ridiculous) I'm fine in the end.

:exactly:

I am getting the big green guy from BBTS.
He is not cheap but I figure the price for the next version will only increase not decrease
It might be 2 or 3 years till the next version and I might not like whatever they do to him for the Avengers 2 (re-release with a different HS?).

It's far from perfect but it's the best we are going to get in this scale for awhile (IMO) and I can buy this, Iron Man and Loki for the price of one SS Hulk Maquette.

Looks like BBTS gets my business this time. No deposit 7 or more (likely more) months in advance, and shipping will cost less than half of what SS will charge. I don't see why they made this the only figure in the series to not get free shipping.

My impressions:

Glad it's under $300. VERY glad it's March 2013. Bummed that they didn't give us a second headsculpt. VERY skeptical of the elbow joints. If they're anything like my Batman 89's legs then the elbows will be essentially non-articulated. Great detail in the photos. Really looking forward to the crown jewel of the Avengers line, and my personal favorite Marvel character.

We are all making a major sacrifice for one common goal....To have the Avengers assembled on our shelf...I think that's worth the money.

:exactly::goodpost:

:exactly:

I am getting the big green guy from BBTS.
He is not cheap but I figure the price for the next version will only increase not decrease

Looks like BBTS gets my business this time. No deposit 7 or more (likely more) months in advance, and shipping will cost less than half of what SS will charge. I don't see why they made this the only figure in the series to not get free shipping.

My impressions:

Glad it's under $300. VERY glad it's March 2013. Bummed that they didn't give us a second headsculpt. VERY skeptical of the elbow joints. If they're anything like my Batman 89's legs then the elbows will be essentially non-articulated. Great detail in the photos. Really looking forward to the crown jewel of the Avengers line, and my personal favorite Marvel character.

I'm also buying from the BBTS. And THIS will be the Holy Grail of my collection!!! :clap

:(price is too high for a piece of plastic with zero accessories.i know it looks nice but not enough for that price. i was very excited but i cant spend so much on so little.

If you can afford that much on something with lots of accessories why can't you afford it without them? Does the nbr of accessories make it worth the cost? Most of mine stay in the box anyway :dunno

Swagmasterhulk!! :monkey1

I'm getting this just because it's The Hulk, in more ways than one the best part of my favorite movie of the year.. Which at the end of the day, isn't that's why we're buying all these figures?

wish there weren't so many veins on his body, compared to the movie where they weren't so obvious, HT's version makes the veins look disgustingly obvious in certain poses. i guess they were going for angry hulk but even then it shouldnt be so obvious..

wish there weren't so many veins on his body, compared to the movie where they weren't so obvious, HT's version makes the veins look disgustingly obvious in certain poses. i guess they were going for angry hulk but even then it shouldnt be so obvious..

He toned up when he posed for Hot Toys. I'm only guessing.:lecture

I know what you mean, but in some scenes he appeared a little more ripped than others. One thing about Hulk, you can make him too fat and it won't look right, but he can't ever be too ripped.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Back