1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

I think hot toys knew what they were doing with this release.For one if they gave everything that people are asking for now (Another head sculpt,acessories,base etc) then they would have to price it accordingly,resulting in even more people not being able to afford the whole team,So I believe they are saving some additions for the Banner release...Perhaps the screaming sculpt as an exclusive...that would be perfect.

The thing with these rubber bodies is it seems to be heavily influenced by environment.

Rubber muscle bodies I have had:

Rambo First Blood
Rambo 2
Rambo 3
Aliens Drake
Dutch
Hellboy
Abe Sapien

And the rubber suits on both Alien figures, Kane & Dallas, people reported the suits cracking. Mine stayed in perfect condition.

And every single one of the muscle bodies stayed in mint condition. Of those, I still have Hellboy, Abe, Dutch and Drake. All bodies are still in perfect condition.

And other people who have reported rubber bodies cracking, have had it happen to multiple figures in their possession.

So...:dunno

That said, I think HT made a bad choice with the arms on Hulk.
Thing is not all my figures have deteriorated. And I live in a very temperate cool country which doesn't have extremes of temperature or light.

I only noticed The paint on Abe Sapiens arms cracking off yesterday. It's never even been posed. It has vinyl arms rather than rubber I believe. Hellboy and Leonidas are perfect.
Mars Attacks have to be the worst I've seen. Zero issues with my alien figures or Dallas/Kane. I know environmental issues certainly have a part to play, but so does good and bad batches of cured rubber I believe.

Maybe you are a lucky SOB Darkness, mind you you don't still have quite a few of those figures do you?
:dunno

Maybe you are a lucky SOB Darkness, mind you you don't still have quite a few of those figures do you?
:dunno

I sold Dallas, Kane & Rambo 2 a couple months ago. Sold off Rambo 3 a few years ago.

Everything else I still have.

I guess I could just be lucky :dunno

When I saw the reveal I honestly was pretty blown away by the sculpt, than I came here and see half of you hate it......LOL.........I guess I'm easy to please

Yeah, deterioration of rubber materials is absolutely environmental.

Yeah and I live in the worst state possible for that. We're planning on moving within a couple years but still. It seems when the rubber starts to go it can happen *quick.* Heck of a gamble on a $300 figure but it's still hard to resist.

I'm not. I think its over priced. I have a few rewards points at AE, so I can pick him up there for $260 or I can get it from Sideshow for free. Still undecided.

I'm not either.

I paid $308 shipped for the HT Tumbler.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, without all the PVC and cloth pants you basically have something similar to this:

7b48bdb3.jpg

Realism comes at cost and in this case a big cost.

If I wanted to play with it like a toy, I'd get the one in your picture, but I want one that looks good on display, so I'll get the Hot toys version.

I think hot toys knew what they were doing with this release.For one if they gave everything that people are asking for now (Another head sculpt,acessories,base etc) then they would have to price it accordingly,resulting in even more people not being able to afford the whole team,So I believe they are saving some additions for the Banner release...Perhaps the screaming sculpt as an exclusive...that would be perfect.

I agree with your first sentence but I kind of thought the opposite. When I saw it my immediate thought was it would suck to have collected the Avengers line knowing you HAVE to buy this at this price with nothing with it.

I'll be posing mine like this anyway so I cant see my arms cracking

901939_press01-001.jpg

:yess:

Unfortunately, that's not your choice to make.
It's the normal properties of rubber that allows it to deteriorate in time.

I PO'ed from sideshow. Yes I'm an addict. I think it looks awesome. Love everything they did. Could it be better? Of course. No collectable is perfect. I'll wait till someone comes up with a roaring headsculpt custom and be happy with this till then.

I PO'ed from sideshow. Yes I'm an addict. I think it looks awesome. Love everything they did. Could it be better? Of course. No collectable is perfect. I'll wait till someone comes up with a roaring headsculpt custom and be happy with this till then.

:exactly::exactly:

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I feel the same way. Lots of things I would like to see changed but not enough to deter me from buying and enjoying this figure. First Avenger figure that I went directly to pre order. Others I kind of drug my feet on. But not this guy. The other will be Coulson!

Ok, so explain again how the waist of his pants went from a 36 to 136 with perfect stitching?? Just retarded people.

I will hold out hope for a 1970s Lou Ferrigno Hulk by Hot Toys....
Long shot I know...but that is my hulk grail

Still..at this point in time, the best sixth scale poseable Hulk made!

I don't see the elbow cracking as the arm doesn't move enough to stress that area, but the inside of the elbow will be a hotspot for cracking if left curved and then straightened. The arms will likely also fade and deteriorate over time.

I'm probbaly not gonna risk it.

Ok, so explain again how the waist of his pants went from a 36 to 136 with perfect stitching?? Just retarded people.

I will hold out hope for a 1970s Lou Ferrigno Hulk by Hot Toys....
Long shot I know...but that is my hulk grail

Youre ok with a grown man turning into a GIANT GREEN BEHEMOTH, but the pants are in question? :slap

Knowing Hot Toys history there probably be another Hulk. Avengers 2..... Improvements...maybe quarter scale...?

Last edited:
Back