1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't afford a Hall Of Armor. But my Ledge Of Spideys is filling out nicely:

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

:)

I don't have the game, and was on the fence about the figure based on the proto pics, but took the plunge after seeing so many positive reviews.

I'm a big fan of the HC Tech and Iron Spider suits (HC Tech much more posable than given credit for, Iron Spider nails that liquid metal look in the right pose)...but I have to say the VG suit is now my favourite Spidey, and perhaps my all time favourite HT figure.

Quick list of in-hand points:

* IMO, the proto pics gave the material too much of a shiny/wet/cold look, like PVC. In hand the material is much dryer/warmer looking - more like Neoprene or Lycra. This makes those deep colours pop more and just makes him look more appealing IMO.

* The proto pics showed the inner leg material bunching into some pretty deep ripples when posed. In hand, the deep-pose rippling is not nearly as pronounced, and you can often futz the suit to smooth ripples out once you have your pose.

* I wasn't keen on the white 'giant bird poop' spider symbol for a long time but I now appreciate the boldness of the suit and see how it fits perfectly.

The whole design has the vivid, uncluttered impact of a sport team uniform - just a glimpse of it across the room sticks in your memory. The big white symbol and the bigger eyes are a big part of that instant impression.

Hope the MCU outfits move in this direction - Spidey is the unofficial Team NYC mascot after all! :)

* The suit material is fascinating. Feels a bit like latex, and has bounced back from some pretty extreme stretches all by itself. Will be interesting to see how it recovers from long term poses and if/how it responds to heat/steam. After all, a Spidey is for life, not just for Ebay. :wink1:

* Crunch articulation is good but not great. Neck post articulation is limited. Would be great to get the classic 'toes and fingertips' Spidey Squat one day - looks like the upcoming Quarter Scale HC Tech can do it.

* I thought HC Tech Spidey went well with Cap. But....DAMN!

IMG_1937.jpg

:)

Last edited:
^^ Awesome Spidey shelf!!! :clap Awesome poses as well, I like how you mirrored the HC and VG Spidey's poses.

That Spidey shelf is fantastic!

Since it appears that you are a big Spidey fan, you absolutely MUST get a PS4 and the Spider-man PS4 game! It's a GREAT Spider-man game. I expect you'll be able to get the system and the game for around $300 or so total around Black Friday this year. Do it, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks guys,

Now all my ledge needs is upside-down Miles, Gwen and Spider-Ham on the underside. :)

Thanks for the heads up re PS4/Game deals. I'm cold turkey on games, as they're sooooo time-consuming. But when I get time in future, PS4 Spidey is top of my gaming catch-up list. :)

Some phone pics. Running out of room so he?s crammed in with others. Great figure and I?m still trying to finalize a pose.

3245d060cf8df72085391d22f4fc837c.jpg
b22cd55b2e028c95115bf562fa677f96.jpg
8de955ee1e57e5fad24afbb3ada5b726.jpg

Great photos and poses everyone! :clap @Darth Fok the lighting/shadows on your Spidey makes it look like it has nice black shading, looking good.

Baffling why no classic suit Spidey has been made yet. They are overdosing us with almost everything else.

I?m wondering if this has something to do with Marvel and their Hasbro Master license deal. Technically, the price point (above $75-$8p) allows for other companies to list it as an ?adult collectible?, but the fact that a sure-fire moneymaker is avoided is interesting. Maybe Marvel/Hasbro won?t allow it?

I'm happy for those of you excited about the Negative Suit, but I'm still over here waiting for the Classic Suit like :impatient:

Timcent now has it in stock and it's not ridiculously expensive. Hmmmm....

I'd imagine the demand is probably very low for this figure. It was an easy rehash for HT, but interest most likely isn't there for casual collectors (myself included).

I'd imagine the demand is probably very low for this figure. It was an easy rehash for HT, but interest most likely isn't there for casual collectors (myself included).

I have to admit it's starting to grow on me, but there are other suits from the game I'd rather get first. Like the Iron Spider, Anti-Ock, Dark, 2099, Scarlet Spider 2 and (of course) Classic suits. No doubt HT will take their sweet time releasing those...

Back