1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright so got the full article and gallery up for the Hot Toys Spiderman (Advanced Suit;) https://kumastyledesigns.com/ht-spiderman-advanced-review/

Title-FB-HT-SM-ADV.png

Article breaks it down piece by piece but overall I found this to be a very well done piece and the complaints I have I feel are pertinent but definitely not ones that take away from the overall enthusiasm with this piece.

Here are a few pics from the gallery portion:

2-359.png

8-255.png

6-278.png

Received mine today, but won't have time to unpacking him until later tonight...looking forward to it though! :yess:

So had some time with Spidey and gotta say I'm really liking him! The suit material and the padded muscle underneath is great! I feel wayyyyy less anxiety when adjusting/posing him since the material is forgiving (unlike the Iron Spidey which I hardly tweaked), although I'm not really an aggressive poser to begin with.

Also having this figure in hand makes me wish HT would make all future Spidey heads out of plastic instead of fabric so they can avoid that weird stitch bump. Speaking of stitching, the only real complaint with this figure (and I think this should only be specific to my figure) is the seam where they sewed his body up has a frayed piece of fabric that constantly sticks out no matter how much I try to flatten it. (I would post photos but I forgot my charger at work, so I need to conserve as much battery on my phone... :slap)

And since we're on the topic of complaints, the only other minor thing I have to nitpick is I noticed the paint quality on all the hands kinda vary... Some have a lil too much paint with a bump/glob of paint...or some hands have accidental black lines or spots. Not a deal breaker for me, but would have been nice if they had remained consistent quality-wise with the hands.

Overall, a great figure and glad I decided to order him since I was hesitant of branching out of the MCU HT lineup...but with Scarlet Spidey on pre-order I guess I'm venturing into the VG line! My poor wallet. :panic:

EDIT: I also think it's pretty awesome that they added weathering/dirt to the bottom of his feet. Love that kinda attention to detail! :clap

So had some time with Spidey and gotta say I'm really liking him! The suit material and the padded muscle underneath is great! I feel wayyyyy less anxiety when adjusting/posing him since the material is forgiving (unlike the Iron Spidey which I hardly tweaked), although I'm not really an aggressive poser to begin with.

Also having this figure in hand makes me wish HT would make all future Spidey heads out of plastic instead of fabric so they can avoid that weird stitch bump. Speaking of stitching, the only real complaint with this figure (and I think this should only be specific to my figure) is the seam where they sewed his body up has a frayed piece of fabric that constantly sticks out no matter how much I try to flatten it. (I would post photos but I forgot my charger at work, so I need to conserve as much battery on my phone... :slap)

And since we're on the topic of complaints, the only other minor thing I have to nitpick is I noticed the paint quality on all the hands kinda vary... Some have a lil too much paint with a bump/glob of paint...or some hands have accidental black lines or spots. Not a deal breaker for me, but would have been nice if they had remained consistent quality-wise with the hands.

Overall, a great figure and glad I decided to order him since I was hesitant of branching out of the MCU HT lineup...but with Scarlet Spidey on pre-order I guess I'm venturing into the VG line! My poor wallet. :panic:

EDIT: I also think it's pretty awesome that they added weathering/dirt to the bottom of his feet. Love that kinda attention to detail! :clap

Congrats on getting him. Mine is scheduled to arrive today.

p.s. - I haven't been able to post, PM or do anything other than log on to the site since Sunday. I finally got a PM through to the Admin, so I'm hoping this post might actually get through.

p.s. - I haven't been able to post, PM or do anything other than log on to the site since Sunday. I finally got a PM through to the Admin, so I'm hoping this post might actually get through.

Yep I've been having the same issue during the past several days. Seems a bit better today but I'm still getting auto-logged off every once in a while. Based on the error messages received however I think they need to configure more connections on the mysql configuration file on their server.

Thank you sir! I'm looking forward to your reaction once you receive him. If you can, please let me know how your stitching ends up...if there's any fray or not.

Also, sorry to hear about your issues with this website...seems like I have skirted by okay with no issues. Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out soon.

Thank you sir! I'm looking forward to your reaction once you receive him. If you can, please let me know how your stitching ends up...if there's any fray or not.

Also, sorry to hear about your issues with this website...seems like I have skirted by okay with no issues. Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out soon.

Hopefully I'll be able to let you know, but it may be a while. It seems I can't make more than one post or PM at a time without clearing cookies, which is beyond annoying. This migration seems to be going about as well as Sideshow's updates earlier in the year. I can't even look at my previous posts - it says I'm missing a security token.

I keep wanting to pose him cause he looks so bored in a museum pose but man those wrinkles and risk of creases just keep me from doing so.

OK, I received him this afternoon and gave him a quick once-over. My seams look good - no fraying, with just one small, almost imperceptible bump/knot behind his left shoulder. The paint & lines on all the hands look consistent too.

p.s. - I should probably have mentioned: This is my fifth HT Spidey (I also have the regular & black versions from SM3, the HC suit and Iron Spider), and based on first impressions I think it's easily the best when you consider the physique and suit material.

OK, I received him this afternoon and gave him a quick once-over. My seams look good - no fraying, with just one small, almost imperceptible bump/knot behind his left shoulder. The paint & lines on all the hands look consistent too.

p.s. - I should probably have mentioned: This is my fifth HT Spidey (I also have the regular & black versions from SM3, the HC suit and Iron Spider), and based on first impressions I think it's easily the best when you consider the physique and suit material.

Nice, glad to hear your Spidey turned out fine.

And yeah, I've got 3 other Spideys myself (Homemade suit, Tech suit, Iron Spidey) and the VG Spidey is def the best one!

Such an awesome figure. THE best Spidey Hot toy. I went straight to the selfie pose, since that what I did so much in the game

He make Homecoming look like Spider-Boy :lol

68289917-349386975972636-3079107744364494848-n.jpg

69346266-454625802056110-71697817512443904-n.jpg

spidey-pun.jpg

Has anyone ordered this from popcultcha? This is my 1st order from them in a few years. How long do they take after sideshow to ship?

Has anyone ordered this from popcultcha? This is my 1st order from them in a few years. How long do they take after sideshow to ship?

They can be variable, last year some figures took over six months like Spider-Man, this year is better, Loki came very quickly only a couple of months and Iron Spider was three months after SS.

Back