1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it was for the Advanced Suit. SS website currently says pre-order and limit of 1 at the moment. Est arrival of July - Oct 2019. Was just wondering if these were shipping soon or will we have to wait a bit more.

Yep, Advanced Suit. Scarlet Spidey converted a week ago and I figured I’d learn my lesson and place an order for Spider Punk earlier this week before it wait listed too.

After people realized Hot Toys was going all in on the PS4 game skins, I noticed that everyone wanted the classic comic suit. I never would have guessed that out of all the options, the most sought-after would be the classic suit. As someone who barely read comics, can someone explain why? Is it just because a classic suit figure would be the best representation of the character?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After people realized Hot Toys was going all in on the PS4 game skins, I noticed that everyone wanted the classic comic suit. I never would have guessed that out of all the options, the most sought-after would be the classic suit. As someone who barely read comics, can someone explain why? Is it just because a classic suit figure would be the best representation of the character?

The answer is in the name — “Classic”. I really enjoy the Advanced Suit but the definitive, timeless Spidey will be the Classic, followed only by the black/symbiote suit if it ever gets in the game and is subsequently produced as a figure.

I love the variants but those 2 suits are grails.

I'm going for a holy trinity Spidey collection:

- Advanced suit (Best looking Spidey suit there is, classic suit might be classic, looks wise, it's sooo bland to me)

- Symbiote (MCU or PS4 or fingerscrossed, Raimi reissue)

- 2099 (PS4 or, if the new Spider-Verse line are getting popular, the sequel one)

giphy.gif

I’m hoping some talented board member photoshops the white parts black on the advanced suit. I like how the white pops, but i’d be curious to see.

It might warrant me buying a second one just to customize.

I’m hoping some talented board member photoshops the white parts black on the advanced suit. I like how the white pops, but i’d be curious to see.

It might warrant me buying a second one just to customize.

Sounds like a fun project. I'll work on it tonight after work, if no one else does it before then.

Not a talented editor but here it is. Found on reddit. See it as a prototype ;)
0a3af3ace45b4a13f2d2da78fdd1fae1.jpg

I actually like that better. It’s a new take on the Spider-Man suit and still retains a lot of the old design.
I do like the white also, but for some reason, I end up playing with the far from home suit more often.

I’ve repainted a few Hot toys including recently, 10th Anniversary Captain America.
And I’ve thought of buying this Hot toys and repaint the white with black like that image.

Definitely a bigger fan of the normal Advanced than the edit, white spider really showed courage and initiative from Insomniac to stray from what worked.

Back