1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how could a store like BBTS possibly know how many figures they will be getting for a figure that won't release for another year? can't believe this sold out that fast, maybe the production number rumors are true, it would be crazy to think this would sell out on SSC almost a full year before release

how could a store like BBTS possibly know how many figures they will be getting for a figure that won't release for another year? can't believe this sold out that fast, maybe the production number rumors are true, it would be crazy to think this would sell out on SSC almost a full year before release

I can't say for sure how BBTS knows, but they have been around for a long time and just because SSC is the official distributor for HT in the U.S. doesn't mean that BBTS does not have there own access or distributor to this product. They sell a hell of a lot more stuff then SSC, and I am sure they have their own connects with HT, or another distributor directly in Japan.

When I placed my PO for MarkXLII, it had just been placed up for PO on BBTS and there were 125 available. They were all gone later that afternoon.

Usually when I have placed previous PO's for HT's on BBTS they have somewhere between 250 and 300 available for PO's. This is another reason I think that Alter Egos previous statement that this will be more limited of a line as far as distribution and production is concerned may be true. Only time will tell.

I preordered mine from BBTS before their PO's sold out. I just didn't want to commit 100% to this so early. A lot can change in 11-13 months. It makes sense what Alter Ego said in that they are being limited in availability.

:exactly: I ordered from BBTS because I am still on the fence with this and IP. I also want to see what else they come out with.

I'm confident that there will be plenty. Not everyone can buy a $300 dollar figure or is willing to. It's just another hype. Everyone want hot toys first diecast. It's only sold out due to no nrd at bbts. Can cancel anytime.

Not me, I don't care about the die-cast. I just want some nice quality IM3 figures.

BBTS limits the amount of figures they order, rather than take a required deposit like sideshow. unlike sideshow, BBTS realizes the huge benefit for a collector to have the flexibility to cancel without penalty. BBTS knows this generates more orders and even with cancellations, more sales.

Would love a sculpt of her though to have. I still find it weird how they do both Tony and Rod but have not yet done a Pepper sculpt after she's been in 4 movies.

Noting necessarily weird about that when you consider that Tony is the title character so naturally he's entitled to his own figure in or out the Iron Man suit. Rod has only appeared in figure format in his armor form. So there may not be more of a mass appeal for a figure of a love
interest in comparison to the armored heroes of the series.

Last edited:
Doesn't BBTS get their Hot Toys products from Sideshow?

I don't believe so. I am not going to say for certain, since I do not know for sure, but I am almost sure they have been around long enough and are big enough to have their own distribution connections for HT's products.

They may not be the official U.S. distributor like SSC, but I don't think they go through SSC. I could be wrong though.

I might email them and ask, but that seems like something they would not be willing to answer, when it comes to the "who do you get your product from" question.

BBTS limits the amount of figures they order, rather than take a required deposit like sideshow. unlike sideshow, BBTS realizes the huge benefit for a collector to have the flexibility to cancel without penalty. BBTS knows this generates more orders and even with cancellations, more sales.

But their preorder page now includes a message basically saying sorry if we sold out so fast but it's due to the allocation by their supplier. So maybe there is some kind of limit since both yet and AE are saying pretty much the same thing.

Or maybe they're trying to pump up demand.

My wife has tryed to get me to do the ironing for a few years now, so while surfing the net she's seen this picture and asked if she could buy this would I do the ironing from now on, YES I said (knowing it does not exist) now she's trying to find as a working modle.

I hope there's no inventer out the with any big ideas.:thud:

I heard rumors not only is there an NRD but a cancelation fee with SS. Anyone know whether this is true?

It's one or the other. If you flex pay something that does not have a NRD then cancel it, they will charge you a cancelation fee.
If you flex something with a NRD and cancel then they just charge you the NRD. But if the item is constantly delayed, they will not charge you for canceling.
But if you just order something that does not have a NRD and do not do flex payments and cancel, then there is no charge.

it'd be funny if the diecast was the base

:lol

When Hot Toys announced the new Diecast MMS line they specifically mentioned it would cover all three IM movies so I see no reason why they wouldn't go back and do the previous suits in this new line especially if it meant more cash for them.

Covering all 3 movies and doing every armor is two different things.

I hope you guys who missed out get an opportunity to get the Armors your missing but I just don't see HTs producing all of them in diecast. They already released the MI twice, the MII twice, the MIII twice and the MV was a slow seller. I could see them doing the IV & VI but I have my doubts.

I got a buddy needing to unload the Original MI, MIII and the mech test. PM me if interested.

Personally hoping for a Mark III or IV (IV, more so... like the yellow highlights on the ab sections). I agree with you, though, Lee. Even for Iron Man, it seems like a tough sell for HT to re-make every single Mark in die-cast. They only need make the most representative figures. Difficult for me to imagine them making a Mark V at the die-cast price point, for example.

im3md1.jpg

im3md2.jpg

im3md3.jpg

130408084233479550.jpg

God that would be wonderful. Or at least a head sculpt. Yesssss.

Back