1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you referring to me or him? It doesn't say Sideshow. He added it in, that's why he said "Sideshow". The actual website states just their distributers.

I didn't realize that he added ss. I'm still pretty certain that they get their HT from SS. I remember it coming up in a Batman thread because BBTS didn't ship theirs until a were or 2 after ss

I didn't realize that he added ss. I'm still pretty certain that they get their HT from SS. I remember it coming up in a Batman thread because BBTS didn't ship theirs until a were or 2 after ss

They get the left overs from Sideshow but they don't get their entire stock from BBTS. They have their own distributers who also ship them figures.

I don't know why this figure has such a low stock but it's still a year from releasing.

The more and more I see the mark 42 the more I begin to like it and the head sculpt on tony is awesome

Do the arms bend properly at the elbow?? Can't immediately see how they can, and no picture seems to show them bending...

Hope it's just paranoia.

Do the arms bend properly at the elbow?? Can't immediately see how they can, and no picture seems to show them bending...

Hope it's just paranoia.

Interesting observation. The inside of the elbows is likely rubber, same material as Thor's sleeves, or maybe as thin as the rubber on the Mark V.

Personally, I do not like the look of the Mark XLII. Will be a pass for me. All that gold makes him look like C-3P0!:lol

Hope it's just paranoia.
The inside of the elbows looks to me exactly the same as those of the original War Machine, which was silver colored hard plastic. I think the elbows are double-jointed plastic, same as WM. Doesn't look like rubber at all in the hi-res photos, the paint is too metallic and shiny.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum.

This is far and away the best Robert Downey Jr headsculpt Hot Toys have pulled off so far. An argument could be made for the revised MMS191 Tony Stark or MMS185 Mark VII, but the two you mentioned aren't even in the same league. Mech Test is one of the worst headsculpts Hot Toys has done in the last three years; it resembles Robert Downey Jr only if he'd been laying dead in a ditch underwater for five days.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Did someone just say the Mark 3 has one of the best head sculpt..?

Am I reading that correctly?:rotfl

RDJ's italian cousin?
review_htironman_3.jpg

RDJ's italian cousin?
review_htironman_3.jpg

Hey look. It' s Antonio Stark!:lol.. I am really glad I started getting Iron Man Mark Suits later in the game. No offense to others, but the 1stfew figures were really bad.

The newer 2.0's and Mark IV, VI and VII look so much better and the RDJ head sculpts may not be perfect yet, but they are 100% better then the early stuff.

Hey look. It' s Antonio Stark!:lol.. I am really glad I started getting Iron Man Mark Suits later in the game. No offense to others, but the 1stfew figures were really bad.

The newer 2.0's and Mark IV, VI and VII look so much better and the RDJ head sculpts may not be perfect yet, but they are 100% better then the early stuff.

the tony stark has a heart from the original MKII was really cool though
Ironman_markII_7_30cm_Dec2008_Hotto.jpg

I wish I could pull the trigger that easily. I'm starting to wonder if I should just say F#$% it and PO this and IP!:dunno:thud:
I'm thinking the same. I'm heavily considering not getting the HoA and just get 7 Action TT stands instead and save $400.

Then just get both this and IP. :dunno

But my inner Iron Man fan is telling me to get the HoA. Bummer.

Back