1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI RES pg 67 post #664

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

What's going on with the headsculpts guys...RDJ was nailed on with Mech test and even my old mark 3 battle damage open helmet looks better than this one...they done same with Thor,first sculpt was Hemsworth new one is...someone.
Ps don't get me wrong figure is awesome...the likeness are off however IMO.

nice to see the back of IP and 42 there, even though its not clear..so excited for both, too bad we will see it by next year

Loooongg release date is making me not so eager to wait, but at the same time allows me to save money for other figures :)

What's going on with the headsculpts guys...RDJ was nailed on with Mech test and even my old mark 3 battle damage open helmet looks better than this one...
:rotfl:lol:rotfl Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum.

This is far and away the best Robert Downey Jr headsculpt Hot Toys have pulled off so far. An argument could be made for the revised MMS191 Tony Stark or MMS185 Mark VII, but the two you mentioned aren't even in the same league. Mech Test is one of the worst headsculpts Hot Toys has done in the last three years; it resembles Robert Downey Jr only if he'd been laying dead in a ditch underwater for five days.

Did someone just say the Mark 3 has one of the best head sculpt..?

Am I reading that correctly?:rotfl

:rotfl:lol:rotfl Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum.

This is far and away the best Robert Downey Jr headsculpt Hot Toys have pulled off so far. An argument could be made for the revised MMS191 Tony Stark or MMS185 Mark VII, but the two you mentioned aren't even in the same league. Mech Test is one of the worst headsculpts Hot Toys has done in the last three years; it resembles Robert Downey Jr only if he'd been laying dead in a ditch underwater for five days.

While I don't think the Mech Test 1.0 head is quite as bad as you, I agree that it's near the bottom of the scale for me too. In hand, I don't think anything released so far is better than the repainted Mark IV head that comes with the Avengers Mark VI and the Gantry. however, I think the upcoming slate of sculpts will blow that one out of the water. They're all really excellent.

The MK XLII figure is looking pretty sweet in that video. Glad I have my preorder in. Thanks for posting the video tommy.

Ive just preordered this from onesixthbruce, it will be my first iron man figure by hot toys.

Ive always been put off them due to fading and what not, but **** it, it looks damn good :p

:horror SOLD OUT in BBTS :horror

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10444&mode=retail :panic::panic::panic:

My first IRON MAN ............"

Attention to this:

Our distributor "SIDESHOW" limits the number of pieces we can sell on Hot Toys items, we apologize if this listing has sold out quickly.

F___K Sideshow......" poorly packaged, and are now trying to monopolize the market.........." F__K Sideshow

Last edited:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10444&mode=retail :panic::panic::panic:

Attention to this:

Our distributor "SIDESHOW" limits the number of pieces we can sell on Hot Toys items, we apologize if this listing has sold out quickly.

F___K Sideshow......" poorly packaged, and are now trying to monopolize the market.........." F__K Sideshow
Dude calm down. It's not even Sideshow who gives BBTS all their stock. They actually sell more than Sideshow in general and they have their own distributor, most likey a couple from Japan as well. It looks like Hot Toys is limiting it, AlterEgo also got the short end of the stick which is why they aren't offering a discount.

Besides people wil be canceling Pre-Orders. The figure doesn't even come out for a good year.

Attention to this:

Our distributor "SIDESHOW" limits the number of pieces we can sell on Hot Toys items, we apologize if this listing has sold out quickly. F___K Sideshow......" poorly packaged, and are now trying to monopolize the market.........." F__K Sideshow

Dude calm down. It's not even Sideshow who gives BBTS all their stock. They actually sell more than Sideshow in general and they have their own distributor, most likey a couple from Japan as well. It looks like Hot Toys is limiting it, AlterEgo also got the short end of the stick which is why they aren't offering a discount.

Besides people wil be canceling Pre-Orders. The figure doesn't even come out for a good year.

I'm guessing thats a quoted message from BBTS stating that Sideshow is their HT distributor. I was pretty sure I read they wer

I'm guessing thats a quoted message from BBTS stating that Sideshow is their HT distributor. I was pretty sure I read they wer

Are you referring to me or him? It doesn't say Sideshow. He added it in, that's why he said "Sideshow". The actual website states just their distributers.

Back