1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an owner of the IM3 Mark 2, I can admit that the colors on the AOU busts look a bit cooler. If a full 1/6 figure does get produced I'll be extremely tempted to offload my IM3 Mark 2 for it.

It needs a major weapons upgrade and battle damage parts, maybe a Rhodey HS as well, if they do that I'm definitely going to PO, if not I'll get the MK II instead.

:goodpost:

With sufficient extra goodies, head sculpt, (slightly) different paint and decals, a non-diecast version might well appeal to collectors.. the MK II Unleashed, Silly Thing and Secret Project figures being obvious precedents.. particularly as an 'Exclusive' for one of the Conventions or a 'Summer Special'.

Never thought about getting this figure, until there are rumors he might be in AoU.

I can get this figure for about 215 USD, locally in my country.
A wise idea to jump on it or wait for an AoU version?
I believe the only differences are the paint and the lettering on his arm (would this be replaceable with a correct AoU decal maybe?), correct?

If they would release a Rhodey sculpt, would it be placeable on this version? or is the head one piece with the body?

At this point I'd wait, as you've waited this long and are so close to the film release. If they release a new one it may be $299ish and if it retails higher than you'd want to pay you could always track down a version 1 which will likely be available cheap from collectors unloading it for the new one.

And if it is in the film...which is very likely and they don't release another one...it will be very expensive to track down in a few months.

Maybe, but the first WM release can be found for cheap so I think the odds of this one skyrocketing and being unattainable for a good price aren't good. Guess it's a crap shoot either way.

I think with the multitude of figures probably still in development the likelihood of us getting another war machine is pretty low. Not to mention most are assuming that if they do a rerelease they'll make the color distinction and paint it differently than the first. Color isn't always their strong suit as we can see with the mkIII or caps aou costume for instance.

Regardless, im3 war machine is a pretty awesome figure and I think $215 is a pretty good price for such a cool figure. Best case scenario he goes up in price and people want him for their avengers display while you're ahead the game. Worst case scenario your war machine isn't quite as blueish as the new one released.

If you can pick up the diecast WM2 for a keen price atm, imho get it..demand/prices are likely to go up, if WM appears in the AoU movie and HT do not release a new figure.. If they do release a new figure with slight differences, you can always sell the one you have and pre-order the new one.. just my two cents

Any chance of us getting another version of this figure? Looks like he is getting a slight paint makeover and some different decals for AOU

Nice! A bit of wear and tear, that's what I like to see. I'm glad holding out on the first 2.0 paid off. :yess: The Mark 43 looks nice too, very worn and dirty.

I hear that. I'm a big fan of my iron man figures look like they have a weathered look.

I don't know if anyone talked about it but does someone know what the difference between the "FF" and "ED" on his armor is?

Last edited:
I looked up military acronyms the other day and there are a few that makes sense. But honestly o have no clue which one it would be.

I looked up military acronyms the other day and there are a few that makes sense. But honestly o have no clue which one it would be.

ED refers to Edwards AFB. FF refers to Langley AFB I believe. They are tail codes on the tail structure of Air Force aircraft that represents where the fighter wing or squadron is based.

Don't think so. The WM1 heads had to accommodate a larger neck with the LED. I think they moved onto smaller neck pegs starting with Mk7, since the LED are inside the head.

Time for me to eat crow, looks like we're getting a new War Machine after all.

11083991_10152713808462344_7526702572805246725_o.jpg

Guess I'm selling this one the moment the AOU version gets announced. Having seen the new colors on the previously announced busts, I do find the IM3 version a bit drab.

Personally I'm still a fan of the two-tone silver/grey, so glad I got that one. Pretty exciting picture, though, esp Mark I Ultron and Vision. Dang!

Back