1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
video explaining the reason behind the smashing of war machine. I enjoy their videos. i really like how they show everything and how the figures are assembled. They even took war machine all all apart to show how it is put togther before they destroyed it.

https://youtu.be/dPcqvdKI760

Didn't even realize that was Da Bomb Show. I find their humour pretty lame, but like they say in the vid, it's strange that anyone that knows what they do would've thought that they destroyed it for laughs.

DSC04934%u0025E5%u002589%u0025AF%u0025E6%u00259C%u0025AC.jpgimage.jpg

offered a good deal for war machine mark 2, but iron patriot comes with the head sculpt. which one should i get?!

You are better off. I even got a stripped screw removal kit and can't get the chest compartment screw out. I think its in there for good. Good thing those batteries aren't. :slap

I had a pretty tough time with the chest screw so I tried several different sizes to get it loose. I don't remember the size of the driver, but it was definitely bigger than the one supplied. It took several turns to loosen it, but once it was out I kinda scraped the screw threads off and then no problem.

I don't like repaints of figures, but this holds a more tangible spot, if the movie explained it more, rather than seeing this armor on a comic book explaining why he wasn't in the avengers, I would love to get IP more than ever. But I always did like WM though and this figure does justice to it.

I'm pretty much echoing the majority of people here when I say this figure is very impressive and the feeling of the build quality and weight is awesome.

The proportions appear to be more accurate in my opinion. The overall look of the figure is just beautiful from paint down to details.

Something I've always been very nitpicky about is the accuracy of the helmet. It seems that Hot Toys has finally got a very accurate helmet done. The light up is also just amazing on this figure. The way they approached the lenses this time around is fantastic. The light shines through evenly and very bright and clear. Previously the lenses were just the clear plastic with the light coming through them, but I think the white inserts behind the lenses really add to the light up and the look of the eyes when the lights are off. I hope they continue this trend with future releases for the helmets as it looks so good.

I also hope the regular MMS armors can match the quality of the Die Cast series. If they were to revisit the old armors in Die Cast, I would go for a Mark I, II, III and VI.

Despite my collecting slowing down I had the EX sent to me this week, and then BBTS sent me the regular today. I opened the regular and it's one mighty impressive figure. I love how sturdy it is.

Despite my collecting slowing down I had the EX sent to me this week, and then BBTS sent me the regular today. I opened the regular and it's one mighty impressive figure. I love how sturdy it is.

I think you need to share one of those :lol Congrats on both!

Congrats, Boba. This is just such a masterful figure. Mine ships in 10 days and I can't wait to get it so I can check out all the details, in-hand. Love how they handled the arc reactor on this one. Really gives an impression of depth, as mentioned by Raikirik.

i liked the looks of both of them and could not decide so i'm getting both. Why buy one when you can get two at twice the price. :lol

haha! cos i need to keep my hobby in check, even if you can afford it, never let it spiral out of control!

Back