1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got my replacement torso due to a stripped screw in the chest light battery pack. This one has batteries in it and the screw is only slightly stripped, but after turning the light on once, the switch got buried into the plastic and it took me 10 minutes and a small knife to get the light turned off... Now the switch isn't even visible. Never had to complain about a replacement part before, but I'm gonna have to as once again, the light function is rendered useless. Very annoying design for that switch. I believe others have had a similar issue.

So, has there been any review(s) / comparison between the WM 2.0 and the older releases. I understand that the DC feels heavy when you hold it, but other than that (and posing), any thoughts?

P.S.: One thing that I see is WM 2.0 has muted / brushed steel colours, and the the previous ones are quite 'shiny'. :)

Well I got my replacement torso due to a stripped screw in the chest light battery pack. This one has batteries in it and the screw is only slightly stripped, but after turning the light on once, the switch got buried into the plastic and it took me 10 minutes and a small knife to get the light turned off... Now the switch isn't even visible. Never had to complain about a replacement part before, but I'm gonna have to as once again, the light function is rendered useless. Very annoying design for that switch. I believe others have had a similar issue.

That's what happened to mine initially, they are sending a torso but I haven't gotten the replacement yet.

Basically the glue or whatever else is attaching that switch in position is coming loose on the first or second time switching it, then it just kind of hovers there by stiffness of the wires but just moves around and gets wedged to either side if you try and use the switch
QmwwTMz.jpg

That sucks to hear Surly. If the replacement had batteries installed already that's a red flag immediately. Hope you get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks. I sent the guy an email back. He's been good to deal with, so we'll see how they resolve it. I don't use the lights all the time, but the chest is the most important one to me and for such an expensive figure, it has to at least be operational.

DC looks good.... But with so many problems already, I'm just gonna wait half a year and serif these problems settle down

Dude, you're cursed. :lol

Hope they get you sorted out quick, it sucks to have ongoing problems like this.

DC looks good.... But with so many problems already, I'm just gonna wait half a year and serif these problems settle down

With a new release on anything there's going to be QC issues with some.. I think for the most part this figure turned out just fine. if you're gonna wait 6 months for this it will cost you a lot IMO. The plastic pieces almost cost 150+ more depending on what you want to get

With a new release on anything there's going to be QC issues with some.. I think for the most part this figure turned out just fine. if you're gonna wait 6 months for this it will cost you a lot IMO. The plastic pieces almost cost 150+ more depending on what you want to get

Doubt it, with so many comics stores/sites having these in stock still, these won't go up in prices then. Besides, the IP and Mark 42 will be out then. Still tons of time to decide on getting this figure and seeing if there's anymore issues with it. My main concern is DC is very easily to have chips and paint issues, hopefully it won't be there's a lot of time

Got this guy in the mail a couple days ago and I have to say, im loving him! I know I must sound like a hypocrite, as in the past ive been pretty vocal in my criticism of Hot Toys releasing these "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" armors and charging premium for them, let alone one that was not even in the film.

But in hand this figure is extremely well made, and makes for a great bridge between the original War Machine and the upcoming Iron Patriot.

The only thing is, im not a fan of these huge stands. They are very heavy and take up too much room on a detolf. Il probably end up replacing them with a standard Hot Toys stand with a custom label.

Wow, that's quite a compliment.

I have a majority of the IM releases and while I do think the Diecast figure is fantastic I don't have it in my top 3 atm, top 5 maybe.

The hip panels really annoy the **** out of me when trying to pose him, just like the flares did on older IM figures before they finally did away with that junk.

Would have liked a crotch grabber stand to go with this figure as well, though it would need to be modified to support the weight I guess.

The armor design itself is not my favorite design. I'm still partial to Secret Project. I think the combination of the armor design, with the diecast construction, and how HT's put it all together is what makes it an amzaing all around figure for me. I'm sure when IP, Mark 42 and Whiplash 2.0 get released, I'll feel the same way. Especially Whiplash 2.0

Back