1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a cheap one I picked up from Amazon for £5.99...hand held in front of the figure. I may look at exploring a more permanent / practical UV option to go with the box sometime down the road.
I think I prefer the blue light instead, after all Iron Man Tron version is blue and not purple

By the way, what HPP stands for?

Got mine and looking back an impulse buy. Bought into the hype. Not really feeling it. Looks cool bu too plans to display it now.

Hey bmcd, I've got the DC IV, DC V, 45, 46, Silver Centurion, Igor, Starboost, Heartbreaker and Retro Sneaky. Mid-level addiction - I can still (just about) control it. What figure do you recommend as the next buy?

Hot Rod is a beautiful figure. Looks great on display.

I like this guys style. All about 50975839-2376-4029-BDB5-29722B3C2742.jpgthe Tron resemblances. And forgot to tuck in right shoulder pad doh.

Got mine and looking back an impulse buy. Bought into the hype. Not really feeling it. Looks cool bu too plans to display it now.

Same with me. I got mine yesterday, opened it, and just wasn't feeling it. Figured I would put it back and open it again in a few days and see if my mind has changed.

Same with me. I got mine yesterday, opened it, and just wasn't feeling it. Figured I would put it back and open it again in a few days and see if my mind has changed.

I wasn't feeling the figure either, i ended up cancelling my preorder. ended up getting Kylo ren and Thor instead. Happy for those who like it though.

I was very close to cancelling this figure a few times. It is a lot of money for a single figure. However, I factored in how much I would lose on the NPD and how much in rewards I would lose, and it made sense to just keep the order for me. Being my first Iron Man figure, I am definitely glad I kept the order. After playing with him for a few hours last night, trying some different poses, and playing with the black light, the figure is stunning. Even without the black light, I really like the look in my setup with Iron Spider. He doesn't technically fit with my collection, but he is so unique that I made it work. He will be one of two Iron Man figures that I will own (once I receive 10th anniversary Iron Man). Being a huge fan of the Tron look, he really clicks with me.

For the people that cancelled, you can at least know that your cancellation will make someone on the wait-list extremely happy. I know there are some people on that list that really wanted this in their collection. For those that have it and are not feeling it, I completely understand. Luckily, you should be able to resell and make your money back quite easily.

I was very close to cancelling this figure a few times. It is a lot of money for a single figure. However, I factored in how much I would lose on the NPD and how much in rewards I would lose, and it made sense to just keep the order for me. Being my first Iron Man figure, I am definitely glad I kept the order. After playing with him for a few hours last night, trying some different poses, and playing with the black light, the figure is stunning. Even without the black light, I really like the look in my setup with Iron Spider. He doesn't technically fit with my collection, but he is so unique that I made it work. He will be one of two Iron Man figures that I will own (once I receive 10th anniversary Iron Man). Being a huge fan of the Tron look, he really clicks with me.

For the people that cancelled, you can at least know that your cancellation will make someone on the wait-list extremely happy. I know there are some people on that list that really wanted this in their collection. For those that have it and are not feeling it, I completely understand. Luckily, you should be able to resell and make your money back quite easily.

I really like this one. I purchased a code from NYCC to get it back in October. Then the wait and delay kind of made the figure lose its luster. And couple that with the influx of IW releases and hype and this Neon IM kind of got overlooked by me.

Fast forward to today, and right when I opened it, I knew it would have a place in my PC. Great figure. Kind of like a stealth IM. Will match my 10 year Anniversary Cap I have on order.

Well done Hot Toys. I hope they keep doing variants like this for the original 7 Diecast armors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just makes me want Tron figures EVEN MORE! Seriously though this armor is a great look! Congrats to the lucky folks that have gotten their hands one 'em!

Danoby2's unboxing video reaffirms why this is a hate or love it piece. I love it and am lucky to be receiving it soon. It's just so cool looking and I love the glossy black finish.

Only problem is I REALLY want that custom uv base that Donoby2 used but can't find it anywhere

Got mine the other day. It came with quite a few really noticeable scuff marks on the face plate, chest, left arm and left leg though. The black paint definitely doesn't help hiding them. Still trying to figure out if I want to keep it or not because of those. If I do, I'll end up displaying him with IF Thor and Concept Cap for an all black outfit stealth display. I think the black and blue of Neon Tech would look really good with IF Thor with his blue lightning effects and Concept Cap with the blue shield.

Got mine the other day. It came with quite a few really noticeable scuff marks on the face plate, chest, left arm and left leg though. The black paint definitely doesn't help hiding them. Still trying to figure out if I want to keep it or not because of those. If I do, I'll end up displaying him with IF Thor and Concept Cap for an all black outfit stealth display. I think the black and blue of Neon Tech would look really good with IF Thor with his blue lightning effects and Concept Cap with the blue shield.

Mine had a couple. You’re right, the glossy paint won’t hide them if they are in the wrong places. And the light reflects strongly off the paint.

It just goes so well though with Concept Cap like you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just opened mine a few hours ago. I was underwhelmed at first and thought of selling. Glad I didn’t. Once I lit him up and put on all missiles for arms, I was glad I bought him. Biggest complaint is you have to buy a UV flashlight. Base is also lacking for the price. Looks great and mine was not damaged in anyway thankfully.
https://youtu.be/nBxeR5a9tu8

IMG_20190109_214413__01.jpgIMG_20190109_181658__01.jpg
Got mine today. The box had a hole, the main box is creased and the styrofoam cracked under the figure, but thankfully the figure is okay. I love it and glad I was able to get it. I enjoy Tron Legacy and this mash up is awesome.

Back