1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War- Rocket and Groot set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I knew what their release plans were XD

It SEEMS like they'd just release Gamora and Drax now under the IW banner since all their looks seem pretty similar... In which case I can just grab those (and not need a second Rocket) to create a display that works for GOTG v2 OR Infinity War...

Just move around Yondu / Baby Groot for Thor/Tween Groot as my mood desires.

But if they turn around and release an IW Star Lord with some must - have change, then the whole plan goes out the window XD

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi Res pg 5 post #46

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_15.jpg

up_17.jpg

up_19.jpg

up_20.jpg

up_21.jpg

up_24.jpg

up_18.jpg

up_26.jpg

Way overpriced. Rocket looks extra cheap IMO

I have never for whatever reason did research on this before but from a source the hong kong price on this set is set at roughly 270, 75 dollars less than what sideshow has there price selling for. And groot himself is goin for 170 roughly.

Last edited:
I wish I knew what their release plans were XD

It SEEMS like they'd just release Gamora and Drax now under the IW banner since all their looks seem pretty similar... In which case I can just grab those (and not need a second Rocket) to create a display that works for GOTG v2 OR Infinity War...

Just move around Yondu / Baby Groot for Thor/Tween Groot as my mood desires.

But if they turn around and release an IW Star Lord with some must - have change, then the whole plan goes out the window XD

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

And I'm guessing Gamora and Drax would be the same price as Thor too. Ugh.

Has anyone complained to Hot Toys yet demanding a closed mouth Rocket head? I love the dynamic between Rocket and Teenage Groot but that screaming Rocket head looks so off when displayed next to Groot.

Has anyone complained to Hot Toys yet demanding a closed mouth Rocket head? I love the dynamic between Rocket and Teenage Groot but that screaming Rocket head looks so off when displayed next to Groot.

There was a non-screaming sculpt with the Vol 2 version of Rocket. I guess it was one or the other for this release. But I agree, looks wrong for most poses. Maybe you could pick up the non-screaming head separate ?

P.S nice signature :lol

There was a non-screaming sculpt with the Vol 2 version of Rocket. I guess it was one or the other for this release. But I agree, looks wrong for most poses. Maybe you could pick up the non-screaming head separate ?

P.S nice signature :lol

I guess so yeah. Still think Rocket's best look is a closed mouth with a slight smirk.

And thanks. :lol I meant to pm you about the settings sorry but then the board was down all day. :lol

I guess so yeah. Still think Rocket's best look is a closed mouth with a slight smirk.

And thanks. :lol I meant to pm you about the settings sorry but then the board was down all day. :lol

Agree with the smirk. That's part of the reason why I was happy to stay with my Vol 1 Groot and Rocket. The grimace is best for most poses. However I understand there was a lot of outcry that people couldn't put Rocket on Groot's shoulder and recreate that scene with them going crazy in the jail I think it was. Which I can also understand.

No problem with the PM. Seems to be a lot of outages recently.

Agree with the smirk. That's part of the reason why I was happy to stay with my Vol 1 Groot and Rocket. The grimace is best for most poses. However I understand there was a lot of outcry that people couldn't put Rocket on Groot's shoulder and recreate that scene with them going crazy in the jail I think it was. Which I can also understand.

No problem with the PM. Seems to be a lot of outages recently.

Rocket's a potential figure that could include 3 heads, 2 bodies and several guns and still use less plastic them some of the bigger figures.

Do we think that GotG2 Rocket and this Rocket will match in fur color? If so I might get this set and used the closed mouth head on this one. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow ! Great insider pics of making Teen Groot !!

Funny that it all comes together with a bit of clay and some pointy sticks :lol :lol

Trying to decide if I want to grab the two pack of these two or just Groot and get the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Rocket. Rocket looks very much the same and the deluxe edition of him has the second sculpt and a few more accessories. I know the new one has some different weapons but it doesn’t matter too much to me about that.

Trying to decide if I want to grab the two pack of these two or just Groot and get the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Rocket. Rocket looks very much the same and the deluxe edition of him has the second sculpt and a few more accessories. I know the new one has some different weapons but it doesn’t matter too much to me about that.

I guess it depends on how you want to display Rocket. The IW version adds $125 to the price, but you only get the one gun, one head, and then the hands/feet. If you want the head with the teeth instead, you might be better off getting the GOTG2 deluxe since you get that second head along with two pistols, an aerorig, and machine gun. If you only want the screaming head and a weapon, get the two pack since you’ll save $40-$100 depending on how much you’d get the GOTG2 version for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back