1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow so this is really 400? Wtf? This **** better be able to fly . I’m glad I got the early 200 dollar armors before this huge price jump. Holy ****.

Wow, over $400 is too much for me. $350 was starting to push it. The Mark VI delivered today was my 43rd Iron Man figure. I will no longer be purchasing any figures that are at this price range. Unless I find a good deal on the secondary market or through sales, I may be done with Iron Man altogether - potentially Hot Toys figures overall. I don't pose my figures, so this might push me right into the statue market.

With 43... I think you should be done regardless of price. You have enough.

I really do hope HT and SSC executives peruse through these or other forums cause they are not doing themselves any favors by pissing off and alienating their loyal customer base with these egregious price hikes. :gah:

I'm pretty sure they will read this and say,"They complain but they're still gonna order it" and I'd say close to half of the people complaining will get him anyway lol. I'm not. I honestly feel like I NEED a new Iron Man as my Avengers mark 7 figure is starting to look a little worn down and I do want to upgrade but I probably should've gotten the Civil War one. I just thought 345 was too much. Now I see we're only going up from there so if I see a deal on an older Iron Man, I should probably get him. THIS one can suck it though. It's just okay and it's way overpriced.

I know the price is nuts, but I’m a junkie. Thing is just outrageously gorgeous. I think a really nice base/stand should’ve been included.

I know the price is nuts, but I’m a junkie. Thing is just outrageously gorgeous. I think a really nice base/stand should’ve been included.

As a visual evolution of the Mark 45 I like it. But a very expensive figure if one is to display it museum. If you are to expose flaps and fit weapons etc, I'm not sure I'm used to it yet... the weaponry looks odd, and he almost looks like Ant-Man and Wasp mated and gave birth to Iron Man with the wings on show.

One thing about the accessories, the outcry will be huge if they aren't screen accurate. God knows we get a lot of that in Iron Man and Terminator threads. Add $400 to the mix and it'll be interesting..

looking at that base, I wonder if you can even display it in a dynamic flight pose with the flaps out.

As a visual evolution of the Mark 45 I like it. But a very expensive figure if one is to display it museum. If you are to expose flaps and fit weapons etc, I'm not sure I'm used to it yet... the weaponry looks odd, and he almost looks like Ant-Man and Wasp mated and gave birth to Iron Man with the wings on show.

One thing about the accessories, the outcry will be huge if they aren't screen accurate. God knows we get a lot of that in Iron Man and Terminator threads. Add $400 to the mix and it'll be interesting..

If the weapons are inaccurate, I’m sure they’ll be changed by the time the figure is released.

I like that the suit has been upped since the stakes have been upped.

Plus, as far as the hot toys world is concerned, I only really collect the armors. I’ll buy other characters here and there. So, $407 doesn’t hit me as hard as others who collect more than I.

looking at that base, I wonder if you can even display it in a dynamic flight pose with the flaps out.

I would think it can. It seems to have that dynamic stand, and the base looks fairly big and thick. It’s strange that it’s just a standard looking base.

I mean 400$ for just a 1/6 IM is absurd, i would much rather go 1/4 at that price range. From a economics standpoint it makes no sense to think it will sell well at that price either. You want your product to sell not scare your customers off with such a high price tag.

I'm pretty sure they will read this and say,"They complain but they're still gonna order it" and I'd say close to half of the people complaining will get him anyway lol. I'm not. I honestly feel like I NEED a new Iron Man as my Avengers mark 7 figure is starting to look a little worn down and I do want to upgrade but I probably should've gotten the Civil War one. I just thought 345 was too much. Now I see we're only going up from there so if I see a deal on an older Iron Man, I should probably get him. THIS one can suck it though. It's just okay and it's way overpriced.

Yeah if they read the forum and listens to the complaining almost nothing would get made. I mean people where saying this same stuff when the 42 was released. How it would never sell and everyone was getting priced out and so on. And they have released like 20 iron man figures since then. Lol

Back