1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could also argue that these fantastical nano items are new every time and are only briefly used in the fight. Why would they be weathered ?

Don't get me wrong if I were getting them I'd probably prefer them weathered. I'm just saying from a logic point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mark L itself has those little weathering nicks and as you stated, it absolutely shouldn't. That was a real odd choice by HT.

Or the lighter weight could be due to the fact that it’s a slimmer armor. Or maybe certain pieces of diecast were eliminated in favor of building out the interchangeable arms/legs.

I’m a little shocked this figure is getting bashed.

I guess I’ll just wait and see when it arrives.

Well, I am glad Justin got it to review... easily made me cancel my order for it.

And if I am being honest, I received the Mark 50 from Sideshow yesterday, and I am really underwhelmed.
Those hip gaps are horrible compared to previous diecast IM and the whole figure feels "cheaper" in comparison
to any of the diecast armors that I own (Mark 4, 5, 6, 43, 46, 47, 46 Concept).

Hopefully the Mark 7 will be back up to par. I may pass on ordering the Mark 85 at this point, as well.

I note that you don't have the Mark 45 Dino - that has similar legs to the L.

Perhaps those of us with the 45 would find it easier to accept.

Or the lighter weight could be due to the fact that it’s a slimmer armor. Or maybe certain pieces of diecast were eliminated in favor of building out the interchangeable arms/legs.

I’m a little shocked this figure is getting bashed.

I guess I’ll just wait and see when it arrives.

Seems like the majority of people who have the figure still really love it.

I suspect I'd be one of those a bit underwhelmed though, at least after having to pay $430 or so for it. If we were only talking $360 like before, that would be a whole different story and I probably wouldn't hesitate to order.

Received this guy Tuesday and here or some of my overall impressions.

- Yes, he is lighter than other diecast Marks, but still a weighty figure. Danoby2 weighs them both if you want an accurate weight
- Feels less premium than my other boys, but again still is a high quality figure
- Ab extension is easier to pop open than previous iterations
- Paint is awesome
- Likeness to the movie is outstanding
- Highly poseable (haven't put him in a super dynamic pose)

Overall, a great figure. Where he ranks in your collection is subjective. Is he worth the price? He is to me. To you? Only you can decide that.

On a side note hes not my favorite Mark. That goes to Mark 2 and Mark 47. I like the uniqueness of those two. But, having said that it's like choosing which junk food is your favorite. Chips? Donuts? Candy? They're all good, but a certain times you prefer one over the other. I'm sure with time my rankings will and have shift/ed. This guy is an awesome representation to one of my favorite Marvel movies of all time.

Despite arriving with a leg injury, I decided to take him out and check him for any other damage.

snapped a few pics thought id share. I think he looks incredible

the shoulder pads are kind of annoying but with a little tinkering they could be hidden

I think he looks 10x better as a hot toy than he looked in the movie

IMG_8540.jpg
IMG_8451.jpg
IMG_8534.jpg
IMG_8535.jpg
IMG_8536.jpg
IMG_8541.jpg

I note that you don't have the Mark 45 Dino - that has similar legs to the L.

Perhaps those of us with the 45 would find it easier to accept.

I own the 1/4 Mark 45. I did have the 1/6 version when it first released, but hated the pinhead on him so I sold it.
From what I recall, the thigh gap was there on the 45, but not quite as in your face as it is with the Mark 50.

Probably boils down to a "once you see it... you can't UN-see it" factor. My eyes just go right to it now.

Last edited:
Despite arriving with a leg injury, I decided to take him out and check him for any other damage.

snapped a few pics thought id share. I think he looks incredible

the shoulder pads are kind of annoying but with a little tinkering they could be hidden

I think he looks 10x better as a hot toy than he looked in the movie

View attachment 455656
View attachment 455657
View attachment 455658
View attachment 455659
View attachment 455660
View attachment 455661
Oh man, with these wings, the figure looks AMAZING!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBB100-2 met Tapatalk

The Mark L itself has those little weathering nicks and as you stated, it absolutely shouldn't. That was a real odd choice by HT.

HT does the minor wear by default on all the armors because I honestly think it helps mask minor cosmetic imperfections in the paint, thus lowering the likelihood of items being exchanged or returned.

Man... between not liking the armor much and the feedback on the toy itself being fairly mediocre I think I'm going to cancel my orders forvit abd the weapons and just put the money towards the 85. I can't even justify keeping this one boxed for resale to myself.

i dunno if the bashing is coming from pics or people that actually have it in hand but coming from me it’s damn near perfect. and mine came with a broken leg and i’m still not soured by the overal figure itself.

everyone has their own opinions especially on the color scheme but for me having this in hand it feels like the perfect iron man for the evolution of it. meaning the bulkier armors feel right for their time but where we ended up via stark tech this is the ultimate iron man for me

that’s not to say it doesn’t have its issues. the shoulder pads need some tinkering done in poses if you want it to streamline with his traps. and the wings do need to be held in place when posing him or they’ll fall off. there should have been more accessories included, i wasn’t buying the pack even before they rushed it out.

but at the end of the day i feel like these can be overlooked for what you get out of the figure. in the right poses it looks like he’s real functioning tiny iron man

also another positive for me is that when photographed with flash the accents almost have that black light ability. you can see it looking at the eyes especially in my pics they show up that blue color that’s movie accurate. tony detail but goes a long way

HT does the minor wear by default on all the armors because I honestly think it helps mask minor cosmetic imperfections in the paint, thus lowering the likelihood of items being exchanged or returned.

You are a hot toys vet my friend. This is exactly why. I remember when ht had all types of paint issues on the iron man figs.. then next thing ya know they all coming out looking "battle tested" lol

i dunno if the bashing is coming from pics or people that actually have it in hand but coming from me it’s damn near perfect. and mine came with a broken leg and i’m still not soured by the overal figure itself.

everyone has their own opinions especially on the color scheme but for me having this in hand it feels like the perfect iron man for the evolution of it. meaning the bulkier armors feel right for their time but where we ended up via stark tech this is the ultimate iron man for me

that’s not to say it doesn’t have its issues. the shoulder pads need some tinkering done in poses if you want it to streamline with his traps. and the wings do need to be held in place when posing him or they’ll fall off. there should have been more accessories included, i wasn’t buying the pack even before they rushed it out.

but at the end of the day i feel like these can be overlooked for what you get out of the figure. in the right poses it looks like he’s real functioning tiny iron man

also another positive for me is that when photographed with flash the accents almost have that black light ability. you can see it looking at the eyes especially in my pics they show up that blue color that’s movie accurate. tony detail but goes a long way

Yeah i find it kind of amusing that the overwhelming majority of people that have it in hand love it and there are only a few people that don't like it so far. And now I am seeing posts how it has a lukewarm reception and is getting bashed haha.

People are entitled to their opinion, and if you don't like it that is totally fine not everyone will, but lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill. Some will like it, some wont, but right now the majority of people that have it like it.

A lot of the chatter comes from people trying to justify not to drop the coin on it. Also this mark more than any other looks best in action poses as it gets away from the larger gap on the hips which is mounded there to give more articulation. It’s going to look goofy in the museum pose just by the mechanics of how this suit was designed by HT for that.

I’m hoping to get my other L’s soon, not touching my standard chartered version so this thread can get filled with more positive vibes.:lol

Back