1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my figure today. And I am with a bunch of people on the board. I wasn’t totally sure about this figure but in hand it is amazing. As I’m sure some of you feel the same way when you get figures sometimes I feel the figure is what I expected. Sometimes I feel it’s a little meh. And then times like this where I’m just blown away by how cool it. I feel the figure looks so much better than it did on the screen. On screen it looked very unrealistic. The figure just makes it look like armor. While I don’t have the money to buy a whole accessory set. I do wish there was a way I could just buy one or two pieces from it just to add some more to the figure. While this figure was expensive enough I just feel 250 for accessories for it is just way too much.

Wow that accessory pack is underwhelming, even Justin can't hide his disappointment. They could at least get the paint matched exactly. Should have included the scratched up faceplate and one of the knife arms with the standard figure and scrapped the rest.
Feels like they shorted the figure to make a bend you over accessory pack.

nope just realized it’s broken.

while the leg was off i heard a rattling and eventually this little piece fell out.

it must be a hinge that secures the leg.

kinda bummed right now. i’m going to contact sideshow. do you think they’ll send a replacement leg? or am i going to have to wait for an entire figure to become available?

View attachment 455572

I bet they’ll send you a leg.

I wonder if Toy Anxiety will part these out. I assume they will, as this is perfect for them, but there's a couple things I'd buy for sure.

Wow that accessory pack is underwhelming, even Justin can't hide his disappointment. They could at least get the paint matched exactly. Should have included the scratched up faceplate and one of the knife arms with the standard figure and scrapped the rest.

Yeah I was gonna say I think this is the first time Justin hasn't gushed about something made by HTs...cause he's like positive 99% of his reviews...a must-buy, a must-buy, it's awesome! etc.

Seems fair to say that this accessory pack might plummet in value...the hype just ain't there!

Couldn’t agree more with one of the comments on that video saying it was pretty much at Power Pose level of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTs shouldn't have been overly greedy with this accessory set...they should have priced it in the low $100 range. At $243 it costs even more than a standard figure! :slap

That would never happen. They BP chair is over $100 and there is more work in the chicken feet alone than that entire chair. I think they cut corners a little to save money due to low sales and probably did not even make many sets.

I mean, this set was originally to be released at the end of the year. But it gets an early release by nearly six months? Sounds like HT pushed out this release way early for some reason. If Justin's review is anything to go by, something was sacrificed for this sudden, rushed release.

I mean, this set was originally to be released at the end of the year. But it gets an early release by nearly six months? Sounds like HT pushed out this release way early for some reason. If Justin's review is anything to go by, something was sacrificed for this sudden, rushed release.

Well if you only have to make a couple hundred sets vs the thousands you were hoping to sell :lol

The damaged face plate looks cool, but it doesn't really look right when the rest of the suit is relatively flawless/clean.

while the leg was off i heard a rattling and eventually this little piece fell out.

kinda bummed right now. i’m going to contact sideshow. do you think they’ll send a replacement leg? or am i going to have to wait for an entire figure to become available?

View attachment 455572

I'm guessing SS will send you a leg. They're usually fast to respond with a solution. Send them some pictures and or video and consider it resolved. A hassle and puts a damper on the experience of getting a new figure.

Keep us posted.

I'm guessing SS will send you a leg. They're usually fast to respond with a solution. Send them some pictures and or video and consider it resolved. A hassle and puts a damper on the experience of getting a new figure.

Keep us posted.

If sideshow gives him the option of destroying the figure though, that could be pretty cool because then he could have a battle damaged mk 50. It could also work in a thanos posed with avenger trophies setup.

That's a big issue that's a pretty clear defect. They should send you a replacement leg. If not then they should at least take a return and you'll have to buy it again.

Sorry to have that happen. Really unpleasant to make a big purchase and having to deal with a quality control issue like this. I think most of us have been there.

Couldn’t agree more with one of the comments on that video saying it was pretty much at Power Pose level of quality.

But in fairness, if you look at the prototype pictures, the production pieces look as they did in the photos.

Maybe the shield isn’t quite at the level it could have been but I don’t think HT dropped the ball on anything about the release. I think expectations were just astronomically high because the 50 itself is incredible.

But in fairness, if you look at the prototype pictures, the production pieces look as they did in the photos.

Maybe the shield isn’t quite at the level it could have been but I don’t think HT dropped the ball on anything about the release. I think expectations were just astronomically high because the 50 itself is incredible.

It doesnt help that the pack is the same cost as a standard figure. It reeks of exploitation of the fan base really, then the items dont light up, or match the weatherimg on the mk 50?

It doesnt help that the pack is the same cost as a standard figure. It reeks of exploitation of the fan base really, then the items dont light up, or match the weatherimg on the mk 50?

Plus you have to remember all the licensing fees they have to pay the shield and other accessories to use their likeness in toy form. :dunno

Got the Mark 50, and this accessory set easy pass.

After some delivery address issues (I think when Sideshow refreshed their site, all my new orders went to old address), finally got Mark 50 opened up last night.

IMG_20190530_072440.jpg

Yeah those accessories are looking pretty underwhelming, and frankly none really look as cool on him as the thrusters or lobster claw that you get with the actual figure.

I just watched Justin's video and I have to agree, for the price the set is rather underwhelming. But if there's a silver lining, IMO it's that the pieces that are the least impressive (the shield, dual energy blade and power mallet) are the ones I probably wouldn't use that much anyway. I think the katar, long blade, battering rams, foot clamps and booster rocket attachment all look pretty good. I'm curious if the booster rocket piece will actually light up. Not a deal breaker, but it looks like it might.

Back