1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I wonder if these will fit in and ikea case? Maybe 2-3 side by side? I'm looking for a solution to having a uniform look. That's the one thing that I see as an eye sore in my collection. (All the bases are not the same for each figure)

Which Ikea case? They have many.

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I wonder if these will fit in and ikea case? Maybe 2-3 side by side? I'm looking for a solution to having a uniform look. That's the one thing that I see as an eye sore in my collection. (All the bases are not the same for each figure)

Here are the dimensions from an auction listing:

Approximately 44cm H x 23cm W x 20cm D

Ah yes, sorry! The detolf cases.

Height may be an issue since the bases prop the figures up quite a bit and thus extends to overhead space you need. If they're indeed too tall, that can solved with a wire clamp mod work around, but I don't think you'll be squeezing 3 HOA's side by side (but 2 should fit okay).

Height may be an issue since the bases prop the figures up quite a bit and thus extends to overhead space you need. If they're indeed too tall, that can solved with a wire clamp mod work around, but I don't think you'll be squeezing 3 HOA's side by side (but 2 should fit okay).

I believe thats an issue with the Iron Man 3 bases, especially the black ones, they prop them up quite a bit

These bases aren't as tall as they are the same as WM / IP but the alcove will bump that up again... Not that it matters but I wonder if these could be arranged in a straight line instead of a curve without creating gaps?

Anyone who has taken the leap and picked up a couple care to take a look? I know a couple of people on Youtube have a couple of them.

I'm confused.

What does it matter how much the base adds to the height of the figure, since the figure fits inside of the bay?

What am I missing?

I think its more about the bay fitting inside the shelf than the base within the bay, I have read a couple of people say the old armor bays fit in a Detolf but these according to the spec listed on SS for each are taller than the first one.

I'm confused.

What does it matter how much the base adds to the height of the figure, since the figure fits inside of the bay?

What am I missing?

The thicker the base height is, the higher up the ceiling of the HOA bay ends up being to be in order to fit the figure comfortably without looking like it's jammed in a sardine can.

These bases aren't as tall as they are the same as WM / IP but the alcove will bump that up again... Not that it matters but I wonder if these could be arranged in a straight line instead of a curve without creating gaps?

Anyone who has taken the leap and picked up a couple care to take a look? I know a couple of people on Youtube have a couple of them.

Yes they can be set side by side. The triangle wedge is used to create proper rounding space between the halls and support stacking.

I think its more about the bay fitting inside the shelf than the base within the bay, I have read a couple of people say the old armor bays fit in a Detolf but these according to the spec listed on SS for each are taller than the first one.

That's what I thought Ron was asking.

The new Bays are 2" taller then the original bays and in most pictures of these the top of the figure seems to be just above the top of the back equipment panel

Does anyone know the internal height and width of a Detolf shelf?

Internal dimensions 15 x11.

If that is 15 inches tall by 11 inches wide then these will not fit at all due to the height.

If you went with custom shelf spacing and increased the height to accommodate the bay you could only fit one per shelf since the bay is 9 inches wide.

Edit to add this:

I just look up the dimensions and found this:

Depth: 14 3/8 " Height: 64 1/8 " Width: 16 3/4 "

If you divide 64" by 4 you get about 16" of height per shelf. So there is no way to fit more then one bay per shelf and you could only do that if you went with custom shelf spacing

Yeah, what I was thinking of is possibly picking these up if I could remove a shelf or two in the detolf and stack 2-3 bays tall and maybe 3 wide if it has the clearance. It just might work. Then I still have the detolf protecting the figures from the elements and minimizes the chance of the bays tipping over.

Yeah, what I was thinking of is possibly picking these up if I could remove a shelf or two in the detolf and stack 2-3 bays tall and maybe 3 wide if it has the clearance. It just might work. Then I still have the detolf protecting the figures from the elements and minimizes the chance of the bays tipping over.

Well each bay is a little over 9" wide so getting 2 side by side in a Detolf will not work.

Damn! Welp.. Looks like I've got to go back to the drawing board.

I just look up the dimensions and found this:

Depth: 14 3/8 " Height: 64 1/8 " Width: 16 3/4 "

If you divide 64" by 4 you get about 16" of height per shelf. So there is no way to fit more then one bay per shelf and you could only do that if you went with custom shelf spacing

Internal dimensions are nowhere near 16" height. It's a hair over 15", the product description does not adjust for the thickness of each of the three tempered glass shelves that sit on the rails in the unit.

I've only ordered 2 of these, one for Red Snapper & the other for Peacemaker (when he turns up), I'm not really into the hall of armour thing to be honest but wanted a better base for Red Snapper & after seeing him in one of these display cabinets, it seemed the perfect solution for me. :)

I've only ordered 2 of these, one for Red Snapper & the other for Peacemaker (when he turns up), I'm not really into the hall of armour thing to be honest but wanted a better base for Red Snapper & after seeing him in one of these display cabinets, it seemed the perfect solution for me. :)

A custom variant of this large enough to hold Igor would look awesome set in between the 2 other bays :)

Back