1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I ordered one last night, just to see if it looks good or not. And besides I running out of room in my detolfs.. Lol too many armors coming out

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I'd like to be able to create the wall of armour look that they keep showing us in various promotional pictures but I've not got the room or the cash to do it..., well I'd rather spend the cash I have on the figures than lots of display cabinets. :)

I've only ordered 2 of these, one for Red Snapper & the other for Peacemaker (when he turns up), I'm not really into the hall of armour thing to be honest but wanted a better base for Red Snapper & after seeing him in one of these display cabinets, it seemed the perfect solution for me. :)

Why would you order these for RS and PM when neither of them fit in it? :dunno

There are plenty of pictures that show RS & PM in these bays so why do you keep saying that they don't fit?

hot-toys-ds002-iron-man-3-hall-of-armor-house-party-protocol-version.jpg

It's a snug fit but it fits. :)

There are plenty of pictures that show RS & PM in these bays so why do you keep saying that they don't fit?

Arms awkwardly sticking out the front of them means they don't fit.

Looks like it fits to me

I quite like how it looks & is displayed/posed in the cabinet, that's what made me order a couple of the cases really. :)

Will these Styrofoam Halls of Armor come packaged in...Styrofoam? Which are then packed into more Styrofoam, kind of like Matryoshka dolls?

Are you seriously trying to say that you can not see that the arms are not sticking out the front in the pictures posted above your post?

It fits, but it's a really tight fit. Whether or not it looks good is strictly in the eye of the beholder.

Yank wasn't commenting on how it looked, he keeps saying that the arms have to stick out the front, which they don't.

And just like that, Hot Toys has drawn attention away from what these things are actually made of. Well-played, Hot Toys. Well-played.

It fits, but it's a really tight fit. Whether or not it looks good is strictly in the eye of the beholder.

Very true indeed & if my figure fits like it's shown in the picture then I'll be very happy with it. :)

And just like that, Hot Toys has drawn attention away from what these things are actually made of. Well-played, Hot Toys. Well-played.

When looking at them I was concerned they looked a bit like polystyrene, I'm now wondering if that's what your pointing out??? :(

When looking at them I was concerned they looked a bit like polystyrene, I'm now wondering if that's what your pointing out??? :(

You didn't now they are made of foam with plastic parts

You didn't now they are made of foam with plastic parts

Nope, although as they're cheaper than the Hall of Armor cases from Iron Man 2, I guess that's why they cost less.

This video shows a close-up of the polystyrene at 12:15 and talks about Red Snapper being very snug at around 13:15. It looks like the arms are pressed against the sides to get it to fit, which I would guess would put dents in the polystyrene. I like the idea of having a larger display bay for the newer figures but this is just such a cheaply thrown together release. I'm anxious to hear more in-hand reviews to really see how they hold up--though I still don't think I'll bother getting them.

Well I think I'll just stick with the 2 then, not overly fond of them for the price being asked to be honest. :(

I'd have a whole set of these if they weren't so dam expensive they may be cheaply thrown together but unfortunatly that is not reflected in the price at retail - £50+ each is just to much. I'd love to know an approx manufacturing price -would they cost much more than £5.00 to produce? £10?

Back