1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Your right, removing part of the box makes it less structurally sound. That said, I stood on top of my hot toy terminator box. And on the half that has a huge hole where the figure goes. Effectively the same as a hoa. Not completely the same, but close.

As for the awesome comparison to fast food boxes...aside from being amusing...not the same. Yes, it's foam. However it's not the same. It's like comparing an aluminum soda can and the aluminum chassis of a car. Or the ashes from charcoal and carbon fiber. Yea, they have the same main ingredients but are still very different. As for a fan blowing it over...even if you stripped out the base, the wires, the lights, it's still not a feather. And yes, it's not indestructible. But what is? If not handle with care every material can break, scratch, gouge..Ect.

As for the argument that this was a straight money grab. Use some cheap material just to save money. I don't see it. Sure, saving money is great for them. But if they only wanted to put out a cheap product with cheap material that wouldn't for with their brand. I think this was a design choice, not a cost cutting choice. I obviously have no proof, but nor does anyone have any proof it was a money grab. Hot toys as a company doesn't have a history of using the cheapest material just to make cash and cut corners. They know that their customer base is willing to spend more then the average retail line, and they advertise as a high end product. So I don't see them risking that just to make a small profit on one of their lowest price point items.

I get the issues with the material..but this is not styrofoam. It's a rigid extruded foam. A completely different material. Again look at my examples. Styrofoam and rigid extruded foam are as different as soda cans and aluminum car parts.

Common on man we get it, your dad invented Styrofoam and you really want everyone to like it, but the fact of the matter is optics. It looks like ****, its made out of a fragile material and they are charging what they have to charge. It obviously is way too much as a relative few have even remotely showed any interest in buying them.

Have you ever thought about the angle that Hot Toys is sitting on an asston of the plastic HOAs and are trying to make them more attractive to sell? Perhaps that is the motive here drive out the real costly inventory and sucker bait anyone silly enough to lay down good money for 20 of these.

I have seen several people looking to buy the plastic ones now that these are out. It makes the V1s look like they are built like a brick ****house.
But that cannot be possible, because that would de-value all the styrofoam peanuts in the world, and we can't be having any of that now can we?

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Your right, removing part of the box makes it less structurally sound. That said, I stood on top of my hot toy terminator box. And on the half that has a huge hole where the figure goes. Effectively the same as a hoa. Not completely the same, but close.

As for the awesome comparison to fast food boxes...aside from being amusing...not the same. Yes, it's foam. However it's not the same. It's like comparing an aluminum soda can and the aluminum chassis of a car. Or the ashes from charcoal and carbon fiber. Yea, they have the same main ingredients but are still very different. As for a fan blowing it over...even if you stripped out the base, the wires, the lights, it's still not a feather. And yes, it's not indestructible. But what is? If not handle with care every material can break, scratch, gouge..Ect.

As for the argument that this was a straight money grab. Use some cheap material just to save money. I don't see it. Sure, saving money is great for them. But if they only wanted to put out a cheap product with cheap material that wouldn't for with their brand. I think this was a design choice, not a cost cutting choice. I obviously have no proof, but nor does anyone have any proof it was a money grab. Hot toys as a company doesn't have a history of using the cheapest material just to make cash and cut corners. They know that their customer base is willing to spend more then the average retail line, and they advertise as a high end product. So I don't see them risking that just to make a small profit on one of their lowest price point items.

I get the issues with the material..but this is not styrofoam. It's a rigid extruded foam. A completely different material. Again look at my examples. Styrofoam and rigid extruded foam are as different as soda cans and aluminum car parts.

Dude please please please dont take this as me being a trolling ******... but typing more words doesn't make your point better or more valid... we're all joshin around poking fun at an obviously stupid move and you respond with an essay... Its ok man, we arent attacking you

we know mcdonalds containers arent the exact same foam... we're using it as a comedic bit

Dude please please please dont take this as me being a trolling ******... but typing more words doesn't make your point better or more valid... we're all joshin around poking fun at an obviously stupid move and you respond with an essay... Its ok man, we arent attacking you

we know mcdonalds containers arent the exact same foam... we're using it as a comedic bit

This is a fact..:lecture

Common on man we get it, your dad invented Styrofoam and you really want everyone to like it, but the fact of the matter is optics. It looks like ****, its made out of a fragile material and they are charging what they have to charge. It obviously is way too much as a relative few have even remotely showed any interest in buying them.

Have you ever thought about the angle that Hot Toys is sitting on an asston of the plastic HOAs and are trying to make them more attractive to sell? Perhaps that is the motive here drive out the real costly inventory and sucker bait anyone silly enough to lay down good money for 20 of these.

I have seen several people looking to buy the plastic ones now that these are out. It makes the V1s look like they are built like a brick ****house.
But that cannot be possible, because that would de-value all the styrofoam peanuts in the world, and we can't be having any of that now can we?

Yea, that makes business sense. Spend tens of thousands of dollars on tooling to make a second version of a product they know doesn't sell just to make that unsold product look a little better. Yep, that makes a lot more sense then them making a design choice that obviously not everyone approves of. Lol yep. I see it now.

And you say you get. But you said styrofoam. It's not styrofoam. That's my whole point. So you don't get it. And no, my dad didn't invent foam. I used these examples to make my point. And you don't seem to mind the continued argument and jokes, as long as they are in line with your argument.

As for your optics argument. I agree, optics are the problem. Optics means a distorted view, and not in line with reality. Optics are why I used the examples. The example that aluminum is thin weak metal in a soda can, but treated and prepared differently it makes a rigid(stronger then steel) chassis in cars and engine blocks. The example that small threads of fiber can be pulled apart by a six year old, but woven together and heated it can be a car body, or bullet proof vests. (Kevlar and carbon fiber). The example that a small thin sheet of plastic one millimeter thick is a better speaker in Martin logan electrostatic speakers then a large classic speaker from pioneer or other brands. It's made with a much cheaper core material, so the optics would have you think it's a low quality, but the reality is it's a high end, quality product. To me, using optics as the basis of an argument is simplistic. Yes, it may appear one way. But to argue for optics and not reality is silly. I get optics make a difference. I'm trying to turn that focus ring on the optics to clear the picture up, and I'm meet with jokes. I'm just trying to dispel any misconceptions.

I get it. But I don't see how me making my point is any less valid then any one else. I'm making a point the best way I can. But it seems like it's okay to make the same joke twenty times, by twenty people, but when one guy makes a different point multiple times it's not ok.

I thought this was a forum to discuss (this thread in particular) hot toys products. That's what I'm doing.

Joking is great. I'm all for it. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to make an argument. If u added up all the words I've typed, and all the one liners and jokes, which one will be higher? But I don't see anyone saying anything about the 4000th foam is a packing material joke.

Look, when I started collecting hot toys I read all the threads and posts. To deciede which products I wanted to spend my money on. If the only thing in those threads where 4000 jokes about the product sucking I never would have bought the product, nor take the forum seriously. So I'm trying to get my experiences out for others to see. If they agree or disagree it's something for then to deciede. But when a thread goes 20 pages with just jokes, who's gonna keep reading. So yes, I made this argument a few days ago. Though I've used different examples or added info each time, but these same jokes where made then too. So if the jokes and arguments against the product are continued, and I disagree with that stance, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect to be able to continue as well. That way both sides of the discussion are available. I don't see how anyone can argue I've posted to much about the upside, when there are 100 times as many posts about the downside.

I didnt say your point isnt valid, I was just saying you dont need to respond in essays for such menial things. I get what youre saying and im sure the economics you lay out are accurate, shipping is a huge added cost and im sure the price is realistic. However it is still styrofoam... and to pay what theyre asking is silly, but they have no one to blame but themselves... if the first HOA didn't sell then they shouldn't have done these ones.

I didnt say your point isnt valid, I was just saying you dont need to respond in essays for such menial things. I get what youre saying and im sure the economics you lay out are accurate, shipping is a huge added cost and im sure the price is realistic. However it is still styrofoam... and to pay what theyre asking is silly, but they have no one to blame but themselves... if the first HOA didn't sell then they shouldn't have done these ones.

Jeez I go away for a bit and still find everyone talking about the same thing.

I always seem to miss the good parts.

AThank U!

Just saw this pic not on One Sixth Warriors. New collection of the HP Halls........
david1-1170.jpg

Rapper-TI-Laughing1.gif

Again, it's NOT styrofoam. It's rigid extruded foam. Styrofoam has more O2 in its molecular structure then anything else. Rigid extruded foam has 1/50th the O2. It's why I used the charcoal ash and carbon fiber comparison. We don't call carbon fiber ash, or charcoal. Or coal. Even though carbon fibers composition is much closer to coal then rigid foam is to styrofoam.

As for my responses being to long...that's why I used pictures before. For you lot that ride the short bus and think to many words are confusing. Especially the long ones....see I can make a joke to. Of course you may miss it because my post is aweful long, and reading six sentences, all I'm a row with no break to process it hurts. See, another joke. But since it had a multiple syllable word it may need translated. Feel free to ask a friend.

Sorry, just trying to make a point. If you want to disagree with my view point and/or opinion that's great. Point out where I'm wrong and I'll be the first to admit it. But to get on me because I rebut someone else's statement, even if it's multiple times with my viewpoint(which only happens because there's multiple posts the other way but your not giving them crap, hence my objection. Had u posted the same objection with the repetitive posts trashing the product I wouldn't have a problem). And to give me heck because I use to many words making my point..silly. If I just wrote "foam strong" all caveman like I bet I got the same or more flak. I tried to explain my point. Sorry I had to do it with so many words. Couldn't think of a shorter way to get my point across. If I did twenty one or two line posts of four pages, in a short period of time it amounts to the same thing. And, I tried that. Didn't work any different. I ended up with the same amount of sentences just spread over a pages. I figure this way, if u don't care, just skip my post. Harder to do when there's a bunch of short ones. Trust me, I do it all the time. Or try too.

You are right though, if the first ones didn't sell making more may not be the best idea. But, I'm betting they thought with it being nearly half the price that would work in their favor.

There are more all of armors now :dunno, how did I miss those?

:monkey3

Again, it's NOT styrofoam. It's rigid extruded foam. Styrofoam has more O2 in its molecular structure then anything else. Rigid extruded foam has 1/50th the O2. It's why I used the charcoal ash and carbon fiber comparison. We don't call carbon fiber ash, or charcoal. Or coal. Even though carbon fibers composition is much closer to coal then rigid foam is to styrofoam.

As for my responses being to long...that's why I used pictures before. For you lot that ride the short bus and think to many words are confusing. Especially the long ones....see I can make a joke to. Of course you may miss it because my post is aweful long, and reading six sentences, all I'm a row with no break to process it hurts. See, another joke. But since it had a multiple syllable word it may need translated. Feel free to ask a friend.

Sorry, just trying to make a point. If you want to disagree with my view point and/or opinion that's great. Point out where I'm wrong and I'll be the first to admit it. But to get on me because I rebut someone else's statement, even if it's multiple times with my viewpoint(which only happens because there's multiple posts the other way but your not giving them crap, hence my objection. Had u posted the same objection with the repetitive posts trashing the product I wouldn't have a problem). And to give me heck because I use to many words making my point..silly. If I just wrote "foam strong" all caveman like I bet I got the same or more flak. I tried to explain my point. Sorry I had to do it with so many words. Couldn't think of a shorter way to get my point across. If I did twenty one or two line posts of four pages, in a short period of time it amounts to the same thing. And, I tried that. Didn't work any different. I ended up with the same amount of sentences just spread over a pages. I figure this way, if u don't care, just skip my post. Harder to do when there's a bunch of short ones. Trust me, I do it all the time. Or try too.

You are right though, if the first ones didn't sell making more may not be the best idea. But, I'm betting they thought with it being nearly half the price that would work in their favor.

For a post that accuses people of riding the short bus, there sure are a lot of grammatical errors.

Essay after essay regarding the same thing.
Styrofoam. Ripoff. The end.

Did not read. Not one word.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BABLE BABLE FOAM

Points where you are wrong:

1) Styrofoam has more O2 in its molecular structure then anything else.
Then should be than.

2) I used pictures before. For you lot that ride the short bus and think to many words are confusing.
It is too.

3) my post is aweful long,
Awful. Though I am in awe of your spelling and lack of ability to use spell check.

4) If you want to disagree with my view point and/or opinion that's great.
Sentence fragment.

5) but your not giving them crap, hence my objection.
Your should be you are or you're

6) point..silly.
Should only be one period. Silly.

7) Couldn't think of a shorter way to get my point across.
Sentence fragment.

8) Didn't work any different.
Incoherent sentence fragment.

9) I ended up with the same amount of sentences just spread over a pages.
over pages.

10) Trust me, I do it all the time.
Trust me;I

Most importantly where you are wrong is that anyone gives a flying **** what you think or say. You are crusading in the cheapest, least expensive most non-essential product thread Hot Toys has ever produced and decided to become the "King ***** of Turd Mountain". Congratulations on being the biggest ass on the board by insulting everyone and saying we ride the short bus and are illiterate over foam.

For a post that accuses people of riding the short bus, there sure are a lot of grammatical errors.

Essay after essay regarding the same thing.
Styrofoam. Ripoff. The end.

Did not read. Not one word.

Points where you are wrong:

1) Styrofoam has more O2 in its molecular structure then anything else.
Then should be than.

2) I used pictures before. For you lot that ride the short bus and think to many words are confusing.
It is too.

3) my post is aweful long,
Awful. Though I am in awe of your spelling and lack of ability to use spell check.

4) If you want to disagree with my view point and/or opinion that's great.
Sentence fragment.

5) but your not giving them crap, hence my objection.
Your should be you are or you're

6) point..silly.
Should only be one period. Silly.

7) Couldn't think of a shorter way to get my point across.
Sentence fragment.

8) Didn't work any different.
Incoherent sentence fragment.

9) I ended up with the same amount of sentences just spread over a pages.
over pages.

10) Trust me, I do it all the time.
Trust me;I

Most importantly where you are wrong is that anyone gives a flying **** what you think or say. You are crusading in the cheapest, least expensive most non-essential product thread Hot Toys has ever produced and decided to become the "King ***** of Turd Mountain". Congratulations on being the biggest ass on the board by insulting everyone and saying we ride the short bus and are illiterate over foam.

:lol

you guys crack me up

I can see that he has an opinion to share and thats fine. But when we make a crack (an obvious one) it does not need to be countered with an essay type response...

Motuxmen: Give up. You're not going to change any minds with words.

Some people posting to this thread hate this product so much that it is carrying over into other threads.

Back