1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I see these as just an insert (2 or 3) to a display or used as background to a display. Even thought there SHOULD be rows on top of rows...common sense shouldn't do it...I wouldn't risk stacking them up it even if they did make them out of plastic...

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

But, don't they come secured with package inserts made out of.... Styrofoam?

lol, that's another reason I think these are a bad deal. They will probably just come boxed with some cardboard on the sides, which means any dent/ding on the box will have a good chance of damaging the bay. If one company recognized that these are likely going to arrive damaged, others will probably follow suit. They may as well have just put up WARNING: THESE ARE PIECES OF **** THAT WE'D RATHER NOT DEAL WITH BECAUSE THERE'S A HIGH CHANCE THEY'LL BE DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

lol, that's another reason I think these are a bad deal. They will probably just come boxed with some cardboard on the sides, which means any dent/ding on the box will have a good chance of damaging the bay. If one company recognized that these are likely going to arrive damaged, others will probably follow suit. They may as well have just put up WARNING: THESE ARE PIECES OF **** THAT WE'D RATHER NOT DEAL WITH BECAUSE THERE'S A HIGH CHANCE THEY'LL BE DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

no no the packaging will be plastic or diecast and the product will be styrofoam
:monkey3

no no the packaging will be plastic or diecast and the product will be styrofoam
:monkey3

Die-cast box with a plastic case to protect styrofoam bay that was damaged from putting it in the box. Upside? Free piece of duct tape included in each package.

Die-cast box with a plastic case to protect styrofoam bay that was damaged from putting it in the box. Upside? Free piece of duct tape included in each package.
HouseSadNod.gif

The box will light up, and the HOA's will not.

I hope there is some sort of warning to not stack them. I feel like over time the weight will create warping and then it all comes tumbling down. I would go ape $#it if my figures were all ruined due to this.

I hope there is some sort of warning to not stack them. I feel like over time the weight will create warping and then it all comes tumbling down. I would go ape $#it if my figures were all ruined due to this.

If you watch the review video when the reviewer puts two together they squeak and it almost seems like they have to be forced together.

However, as I have posted setting them on top of each other or beside each other is not accurate to the movie. It would be akin to setting 2 of the original HOA bays side by side without removing one wall.

To make this movie accurate spacers are needed between each bay and a floor/celling divider is needed between each level.

next they'll be making Styrofoam figures, :slap

It may not be movie accurate to stack them as stated, however stacking them won't cause warping or bowing or any issues. It's not like plastic or thin metal. Rigid foam won't distort those ways. My two hot toys terminator salvation figure boxes have been sitting in my closet (and before that at a friends since new) with nearly 100lbs of stuff on them (until last week) for nearly a year and you can't tell. They look brand new. You may not like the look of the foam or think it's cheap, or whatever, but structurally it's extremely strong and durable. I'm betting that this material was chosen just so it could be safely stacked like the movie scene.

It may not be movie accurate to stack them as stated, however stacking them won't cause warping or bowing or any issues. It's not like plastic or thin metal. Rigid foam won't distort those ways. My two hot toys terminator salvation figure boxes have been sitting in my closet (and before that at a friends since new) with nearly 100lbs of stuff on them (until last week) for nearly a year and you can't tell. They look brand new. You may not like the look of the foam or think it's cheap, or whatever, but structurally it's extremely strong and durable. I'm betting that this material was chosen just so it could be safely stacked like the movie scene.
This material was chosen because it is cheap and they can charge large sums of money for it.

Styrofoam doesn't need to break to tumble.

Keep all fans, swinging doors and anything else that can cause a breeze or rumble the surface around the display away and should be good to go.

I want to see a 100lb person sit on an empty HT box from one of the dc releases. No ****ing way it doesn't collapse immediately. :lol

next they'll be making Styrofoam figures, :slap

LOL and people will be taking about upgrading from their current diecast!

There is no way you could ever do that with plastic. Inconceivable!

you do realise that the Termie boxes are more structurally soundbeing laid on their back and all sides enclosed vs HOA that has one whole side open and stands upright, I mean im not an engineer or anything but if you took a building and removed on whole side of it it would no longer be as structurally sound...

AThank U!

Just saw this pic not on One Sixth Warriors. New collection of the HP Halls........
david1-1170.jpg

****, with the print on these HT's is gunna end up charging $100 a pop

I wonder if they can stack like the others... will probably have to build a custom display around my home theatre, run some wiring through the floorboards and set it up to my universal remote

you do realise that the Termie boxes are more structurally soundbeing laid on their back and all sides enclosed vs HOA that has one whole side open and stands upright, I mean im not an engineer or anything but if you took a building and removed on whole side of it it would no longer be as structurally sound...

Your right, removing part of the box makes it less structurally sound. That said, I stood on top of my hot toy terminator box. And on the half that has a huge hole where the figure goes. Effectively the same as a hoa. Not completely the same, but close.

As for the awesome comparison to fast food boxes...aside from being amusing...not the same. Yes, it's foam. However it's not the same. It's like comparing an aluminum soda can and the aluminum chassis of a car. Or the ashes from charcoal and carbon fiber. Yea, they have the same main ingredients but are still very different. As for a fan blowing it over...even if you stripped out the base, the wires, the lights, it's still not a feather. And yes, it's not indestructible. But what is? If not handle with care every material can break, scratch, gouge..Ect.

As for the argument that this was a straight money grab. Use some cheap material just to save money. I don't see it. Sure, saving money is great for them. But if they only wanted to put out a cheap product with cheap material that wouldn't for with their brand. I think this was a design choice, not a cost cutting choice. I obviously have no proof, but nor does anyone have any proof it was a money grab. Hot toys as a company doesn't have a history of using the cheapest material just to make cash and cut corners. They know that their customer base is willing to spend more then the average retail line, and they advertise as a high end product. So I don't see them risking that just to make a small profit on one of their lowest price point items.

I get the issues with the material..but this is not styrofoam. It's a rigid extruded foam. A completely different material. Again look at my examples. Styrofoam and rigid extruded foam are as different as soda cans and aluminum car parts.

Back