1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the price will inevitably be raised. No way they're going to keep these at $160 regardless of what their mission statement is imo.
And before you know it we are back at $200+ figures. We have to get those entry-level people in line, after all. :lol

And the price will inevitably be raised. No way they're going to keep these at $160 regardless of what their mission statement is imo.
Well even with a budget line i can't imagine every figure will be $160, i'm sure they will range between a $160-$250 or something based on what characters requires what, which in todays landscape of figures is still cheaper.

Considering SooSoo’s and Present Toys’ X-Men, S-Hero Dr.Doom, and other figures, I wonder if it somehow got out a while back that Hot Toys was jumping into comic figures. The timing seems suspect when these announcements come so close together.

And before you know it we are back at $200+ figures. We have to get those entry-level people in line, after all. :lol
That’s exactly what entry-level means; attract some new customers, get them invested in a line of figures, then raise the prices on subsequent figures till they’re over-spending, broke, plastic-addict chumps like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Agreed. Hot Toys will raise their prices. It's what they do.

I am glad they claim they will do a budget line, but it's all words from them imo. They will eventually do what all corporations do, raise their prices once you get addicted

Agreed. Hot Toys will raise their prices. It's what they do.

I am glad they claim they will do a budget line, but it's all words from them imo. They will eventually do what all corporations do, raise their prices once you get addicted
Thankfully, I have a set list and comic Wolverine is on that shortlist.

Juggernaut, Apocalypse and Colossus better be under $200 lol

"these types" as in the base level figures with one sculpt and minimal accessories. of course the bigger guys will cost more.

Will be interesting to see where the budget could go with a character that doesn't need a custom body with seamless parts like Wolvy here does.

I wouldn't expect big characters out of this line, at least not yet. We already know that Classic Thor and Magneto is next. I imagine maybe they'll do a Classic Captain America and maybe something from DC after that like BTAS. I think once we see more figures, we'll know what type of overall plan they might have for this. Is it only classic type characters? Is it animated properties in general? Maybe we get something from Invincible. Could be properties that they've noticed third party companies have been doing.

I’m willing to see where this goes. But if Hono/HT doesn’t have a big splash at the next major convention (at least 5-7 figures) it will feel like Sideshow all over again. That said, I do think HT is anticipating a slowdown with their MCU, DCEU and Star Wars license for the next couple of years (reissues can only go so far) so they need another hot line or two.

I think Hot Toys/Hono should give a sentinel Diorama or maybe even BAF in their next X-men line (if they continue) to edge out against those third party 😁

Sentinel with HT hulkbuster quality will be epic

It will be interesting seeing the pace that Hono puts things out. If they truly are a separate entity from HT, I'd expect them to put figures out regardless of what HT are doing, but I can foresee the weekly releases alternating between the 2 studios, rather than us getting multiple reveals a week.

Back