1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look I"m tellin you there's something shipping and it ain't Ripley...

He's right there's no Ripley's back here....

Let's see what's left to be released:

Harley
Wonderwoman
Terminator
Ripley.......

Not sure if I should cancel my order now. I cancelled my Sideshow Toys order. I have a day 1 release ordered that's cost me more. My source still says half the stock arrived in-store. Just gotta see how they handle this. Right now it's pretty ****

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The figure is part of a batch of delayed figs that will literally be out over the next couple months now. We've waited this long, cancelling now seems a bit silly.

Ripley has been a delayed figure since she was announced at the comic cons...XD I love how people keep saying she's coming next but we've been shown a tease or update for both a Harley and WW figure release but strangely not for Ripley?

Let's see what's left to be released:

Harley
Wonderwoman
Terminator
Ripley.......

Not sure if I should cancel my order now. I cancelled my Sideshow Toys order. I have a day 1 release ordered that's cost me more. My source still says half the stock arrived in-store. Just gotta see how they handle this. Right now it's pretty ****

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Those are what I have left on pre-order as well, oh Jyn too. I recently added the Hoth Leia but I think after that, I'll probably exercise my right as a consumer by not getting any more HT stuff. Yeah I'll have a pile of reward points from that lot once they actually do ship, but I could just use it towards some GOT figure I suppose to use em up. HT has really lost a lot of clout with me with way too many delays for anything else BUT Star Wars or IronMan.

Ripley is the only HT preorder I've had for over a year now. Basically, the only way they'll get more money from me is if they release a Proper Big Chap, Nostromo crew members, Ash, Colonial Marines 2.0, Bishop, Ripley with Powerloader, the mercs from Predator, or a Jungle Hunter 2.0. A Boddicker and crew or Lewis from Robocop would be great too. It's safe to say I won't be buying any Hot Toys any time soon, if ever, lol.

Under the fair assumption that none of that^ will happen or any further T1/T2 figures - I'll be buying another BD Robocop/Alex Murphy at some point, maybe another ED-209 to finish out all possible variants for the Robocop collection. Then probably nothing.

Last edited:
Ripley is the only HT preorder I've had for over a year now. Basically, the only way they'll get more money from me is if they release a Proper Big Chap, Nostromo crew members, Ash, Colonial Marines 2.0, Bishop, Ripley with Powerloader, the mercs from Predator, or a Jungle Hunter 2.0. A Boddicker and crew or Lewis from Robocop would be great too. It's safe to say I won't be buying any Hot Toys any time soon, if ever, lol.

Expect this all to happen when HT no longer has the Star Wars, Marvel, DC and Disney license.

You can’t blame HT, wouldn’t anyone want to have the McDonald’s, Walmart etc accounts in their business?

Sure, you can't blame them for making what's profitable. But you can blame them for hogging licenses with no intention of using them, stopping anyone else. As other's have already said.

Sure, you can't blame them for making what's profitable. But you can blame them for hogging licenses with no intention of using them, stopping anyone else. As other's have already said.

To that I agree. To HT I guess its their right to do anything they want with their license (including nothing) until it has expired. In their eyes “X” amount of years with no competition
With those movie license. Smart move for them…….unfortunate for us.

I image behind the scenes the movie companies that hold rights to Alien, Robocop, Predator might be saying “WTF Hot Toys we sold you the license do something with it”. And when it does expire the companies might leave on bad terms with HT!

Back