1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long has it been since we saw that group picture with all the “coming soon” figures. My impression was those would be released in a week or two. It seems like over a month now (or two?)All my Q1 pre orders are still not inhand - 1/4 NECA Turtles, Blitzway GB & Ripley!

Nothing re: Ripley? Wow...

From Hot Toys with regards to Wonder Woman. Why can't they do the same for Ripley and respect the fans of this figure. It's totally messed up.

5c20ec9d431547a72522a3b5e7e5c908.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the fact they're NOT apologising for Ripley is pretty much the last straw for me, no more Hot Toys purchases. It doesn't take much to type "and Ripley" in that statement but they simply do not care about this figure at all. Not in the slightest, and that's more and more apparent with each delay and avoidance tactic that they pull.

In short, screw Hot Toys.

I think the fact they're NOT apologising for Ripley is pretty much the last straw for me, no more Hot Toys purchases. It doesn't take much to type "and Ripley" in that statement but they simply do not care about this figure at all. Not in the slightest, and that's more and more apparent with each delay and avoidance tactic that they pull.

In short, screw Hot Toys.

You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave....

In the first images of this thread, it states expected dates Q4 2016 - Q1 2017. So we aren't that far off from that right now... not that I have any expectations though.

At this point, I'd almost prefer Molecule8 to do something, even though they don't have a track record yet.

Will still take a hot toys Ripley within the next decade though!

The Hot Toys Secret Base Facebook page has pictures and videos of the new Wonder Woman figure on display so they wasted no time putting that figure out. Would it be so much trouble to go to the back and unbox a Ripley, put her on a shelf and then release the figure...

They don't even have to give her the banner on Facebook, just release the figure already!!

Never mind, I know the answer.

By the time they unbox her and take pics, they could have already sold 500 WWs.

The Hot Toys Secret Base Facebook page has pictures and videos of the new Wonder Woman figure on display so they wasted no time putting that figure out. Would it be so much trouble to go to the back and unbox a Ripley, put her on a shelf and then release the figure...

They don't even have to give her the banner on Facebook, just release the figure already!!

Never mind, I know the answer.

those marvel heroes aren't just dull and dumb and ugly, they also steal all attention.
probably because there are a lot more people who like that kind of stuff.

Yep, that's exactly why... (and maybe Disney demands that they do some customer care - for Disney products that is.)

You can't compare Ripley with a cornerstone Marvel/Disney character like Wonder Woman.

:lol I was wondering if anyone else would pick up on this. But I don't fault hardcore sci-fi fans, God bless them, for not distinguishing any of this stuff.

A bit condescending don't you think...

A lot of people have been waiting for this figure to be released for a long time. No one is comparing licenses here that I have seen, but just pointing out the fact that Hot Toys keeps pushing figures in ahead of Ripley. A figure that has, most probably, been finished and ready for release for some time.

And I don't even have Ripley on PO or plan to purchase her. I just feel the frustration of the people who want this figure on their shelf.

I think you're missing the point, which has nothing to do with general frustration here. . .though since you bring it up, I do laugh at the general frustration, as well. They're just toys, etc.

Back