1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sideshow had the license people would be crying that HT should have it.

In a situation where Hot Toys does have the license, are doing so little with it and at a snail's pace? Not sure about that. True, I wouldn't fancy Sideshow as there always seems to be something that goes terribly awry with their products as far as I can tell but I'd be interested to see what Blitzway could do - or even Enterbay if they got back into the movie figures game.

Is it always a Tuesday or a Thursday figures get released in HK for all HT figures?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If this isn't released this week as scheduled (it is the next scheduled release) without explanation, I think we should blow this secret base out of space -- it's the only way to be sure. :lol

alienposterUK.jpg

In a situation where Hot Toys does have the license, are doing so little with it and at a snail's pace? Not sure about that. True, I wouldn't fancy Sideshow as there always seems to be something that goes terribly awry with their products as far as I can tell but I'd be interested to see what Blitzway could do - or even Enterbay if they got back into the movie figures game.

I don't believe Blitzway would do any more/better with the license. Their most expansive license so far is Ghostbusters, right? One film, four figures announced. Wasn't the projected release January?

I don't see any reason to think there would be a better quality/quantity alternative in high end 1/6.

Well I'll grant you I have no personal experience with Blitzway and only look at those threads when there's nothing at all going on in here.

Out of curiosity alone I'd still like to see them tackle the likes of Alien, Predator and Terminator. By now we know the score with Hot Toys and these licenses. We know their Aliens will be rubber-bodied and inaccurate, we know their Predators will be undersized and also inaccurate, and we know that after so many attempts they've never truly nailed Arnold's likeness. When they improve one aspect they drop the ball in something else.

It'd be exciting if another company got a shot. I'd get a real kick out of combining the best parts of each where necessary to make the best figures

Why would that be? There's always next week. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. Or the...

Thread's almost at 700 pages before release. Don't let it ever be said there's low interest in this figure.

Thread's almost at 700 pages before release. Don't let it ever be said there's low interest in this figure.

Yeah Agreed, The interest is high, been waiting too long for this figure though.. good luck even thinking about get Version 2 Ripley from Aliens:horror

From Hot Toys with regards to Wonder Woman. Why can't they do the same for Ripley and respect the fans of this figure. It's totally messed up.

5c20ec9d431547a72522a3b5e7e5c908.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

those marvel heroes aren't just dull and dumb and ugly, they also steal all attention.
probably because there are a lot more people who like that kind of stuff.

Yep, that's exactly why... (and maybe Disney demands that they do some customer care - for Disney products that is.)

True, but 650 of those pages are jokes about how long it's taking and how bad the sculpt and cat look. :lol

From Hot Toys with regards to Wonder Woman. Why can't they do the same for Ripley and respect the fans of this figure. It's totally messed up.

They would post an update, if they had a reason other than they don't give a damn. :/

Back