1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Hot Toys should be charged with crimes against humanity for that Jonesy sculpt; that is possibly the worst thing Hot Toys has ever done. I can't believe they not only sculpted it but actually signed off on the sculpt for production. And 3 years they had to improve it, but did nothing! I guess they were too busy making the Ripley headsculpt worse and worse.

That cat is laughable. It is included in the package, therefore some basic EFFORT should've been put into it, no?

Would be nice to get the HT rep in here and have him explain.

Their usual artistic license on non-humans :rolleyes2 :lol

Seriously though.

You know Hot Toys could not be ****ers and give us the option for sculpted or rooted hair, we have waited long enough. Ohh wait Avengers 7 needs to ramp up production.

You know Hot Toys could not be ****ers and give us the option for sculpted or rooted hair, we have waited long enough. Ohh wait Avengers 7 needs to ramp up production.
Considering Ripley here is their only female figure (someone correct me if I'm forgetting one) with sculpted hair, I gotta wonder if Sigourney herself or whomever the licensor approver was took issue with "barbie hair". I can't think of why else they'd have changed it. It's not like Hot Toys is moving away from rooted hair; Black Widow and Scarlet Witch figures were both announced in the past couple of weeks with rooted hair.

This looks so much better.
Got the mouth right, the eyes right,the hair right.
I hope HT is jerkin our chain cuz it's a step backwards if it isn't.
image.jpeg

Meh
image.jpeg

The first Sarah Connor they made had sculpted hair, as did Abigail Whistler from Blade III. But those pre-dated the rooted hair trend I think.

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

This looks so much better.
Got the mouth right, the eyes right,the hair right.
I hope HT is jerkin our chain cuz it's a step backwards if it isn't.
View attachment 263228

Meh
View attachment 263229

I think people should take a deep breath here...
And regarding the old sculpt. First, it looked more like Aliens Ripley and her face was too wide. It's not better.
The rooted hair was cool but really hard to produce in high numbers.
This looks as good as anything Hot Toys does, I don't know what people expected. Not saying that's good enough for what we'll all pay for her, but not worse than what you would expect. And feel free not to buy her, your families would probably prefer that ...jones looks like poo though.

Last edited:

Great to see more pics. She seems to have more character.
Jones is um... well.:huh

I like the rooted hair, you like the sculpted hair, we like our loyal customers of many years so we will give you the option for both. I mean they charge $220.00 a figure now so make that **** worth it then.

Its not going to hurt Hot Toys to do this right since their Marvel license gives them big business till the end of time.

god you people complain endlessly about everything. 2 years of this thread of crying and now we finally get her and you've all moved on to the next daily fit of tears about something else.

god you people complain endlessly about everything. 2 years of this thread of crying and now we finally get her and you've all moved on to the next daily fit of tears about something else.
image.jpeg

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Yes, seriously, could we just take a few hours being glad that we're finally getting her after so long and then complain later... But I guess that's not how this works ;-) ...nah, complain all you want - it's not perfect - like nothing is. But I'm happy she's here.

I think the new sculpt looks more accurate to her likeness in the actual movie than the first prototype. The first looked almost too angular, whereas the new one looks more aligned with her younger look in Alien. I'm actually glad they went with sculpted hair on this too. Trying to tame that curly rooted hair would've been a ***** to do.

???

this is some of the best likeness HT has done...

13118994_10153506365902344_6163403027860637099_n.jpgrip.jpeg

Again, its the eyes...to far up from the mouth, and nose too long.

But glad everyone finally got her!

I think its a good one, rooted hair? Would you be willing to pay 50 more for that?

Considering Ripley here is their only female figure (someone correct me if I'm forgetting one) with sculpted hair, I gotta wonder if Sigourney herself or whomever the licensor approver was took issue with "barbie hair". I can't think of why else they'd have changed it. It's not like Hot Toys is moving away from rooted hair; Black Widow and Scarlet Witch figures were both announced in the past couple of weeks with rooted hair.

Leia has sculpted hair.

Yes, seriously, could we just take a few hours being glad that we're finally getting her after so long and then complain later... But I guess that's not how this works ;-) ...nah, complain all you want - it's not perfect - like nothing is. But I'm happy she's here.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm passing strictly on interest. Has nothing to do with inaccuracies or even if I think she's the best Ripley sculpt I've seen
This version could be a carbon copy of the film and I would still pass. Just a version of her I'd rather skip and save money on. Simple as that. :dunno

Leia's Episode IV hairstyle would have been impossible with rooted hair.

Kenner did it back in 1996 with their 12 inch collector series. If a large volume producer like Kenner can do it back in 1996, I'm sure a high end company like Hot Toys can do it now.

Back