1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

When did Jonesy hiss? When Parker was about to die and when Ripley was having her nightmare in ALIENS? Odd choice to permanently sculpt him in that position if he's supposed to be displayed being held by Ripley or carried in the carrier.

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

When did Jonesy hiss? When Parker was about to die and when Ripley was having her nightmare in ALIENS? Odd choice to permanently sculpt him in that position if he's supposed to be displayed being held by Ripley or carried in the carrier.

He does hiss a few times more in Alien - like when they're out looking for the chest buster and scares everyone. Also they might think that we will set her up with the Big Chap where it makes sense he would hiss... I think it's fine that he does, not too sure that he looks like a real cat though.
But to make everybody smile, here's a nice picture:
79d96667bd1902a62f8dff90837b852e.jpg

So we buy enough of this Ripley, and we get Aliens Ripley with Power Loader?
If not, it's 66 Batmobile all over again!!!??

So we buy enough of this Ripley, and we get Aliens Ripley with Power Loader?
If not, it's 66 Batmobile all over again!!!??

I don't Think they would ever release both at the same day. Stay tuned!

prefer the rooted hair, but eh what can you do. still will buy this. need a ripley. done!

Thanks for posting these, Ms.Spangles....so glad this is finally happening! She looks great!
nope she doesn't. it's some werewolf. HT shot all their sculptors and hired janitors.

nope she doesn't. it's some werewolf. HT shot all their sculptors and hired janitors.

I'm not sure why Hot Toys even uses actual sculptors anymore. Look what's being done with computer 3D renderings. Practically everyone doing customs on this board does it that way now and look at the great results.

wow, I'm amazed it's up. Nothing on sideshows site yet....plink down the pre order, by the time it ships I'll have amassed enough points to pretty much get this one gratis.

As for Jonesy.....

And you, you little ****, you're stayin in the box.... :D

I'm no longer so sure it's her button teeth showing... a lot can be accomplished here by painting her teeth a bit darker - more realistic and they would sink in a bit. But looking more closely at the pictures I'm pretty pleased - think this HS is above average from HT. The more I look at it the better I think it gets... Jonesy on the other hand gets worse.
RipleyHT.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 11.15.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 11.15.22 AM.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

I'm no longer so sure it's her button teeth showing... a lot can be accomplished here by painting her teeth a bit darker - more realistic and they would sink in a bit. But looking more closely at the pictures I'm pretty pleased - think this HS is above average from HT. The more I look at it the better I think it gets... Jonesy on the other hand gets worse.
View attachment 263199

Yeah that's an awesome Weaver sculpt to my eye. But what do I know, I'm sure if my eyes were better I'd see that it's just Tommy Lee Jones in a janitor costume or whatever.

Yeah that's an awesome Weaver sculpt to my eye. But what do I know, I'm sure if my eyes were better I'd see that it's just Tommy Lee Jones in a janitor costume or whatever.

Heheee

View attachment 263199

That angle, by the way, looks pretty damn near ****ing perfect. Front and center not so much, but that's a problem they've had with a lot of figures, including several that are touted to be among their best; Or it could just be their **** promotional photography, again.

We get it. You don't like it. Why are you even in this thread?
get a treatment for a multiple personality mental disorder.

13120261114_a5b8648e48_z.jpg

I'm not sure why Hot Toys even uses actual sculptors anymore.
they have kids to feed.

Oh no! P. found his way in here! ;-) just kidding friend!
i said it looks nothing like Ripley (with photos) from day one.
with those exact photos used above to show the sculpt is "ok".

Last edited:

:lol :lol :lol

Tommy Lee Ripley.

I think that is indeed the most flattering shot but overall the best I can say in a post-BD Robocop world is ''Ripleyesque''.

Back