1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I'm just okay with it... but relieved they finally put it out.

I think the reason this took so long had to do with artist license approval. I'm NOT excited about this simply b/c HT decided to go with sculpted hair for cost reasons when they do practically every new Marvel female figure with rooted hair with several styles, Wonder Woman, etc.

They also skimped on the outfit detail as I have pointed out when they pay special attention to the outfit detail on other figures like Marty McFly.

Will they do a BC 2.0 -- I think absolutely, they'll just slide it in somewhere down the line; why I believe they resculpted a snarling Jonesy -- we'll see.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm passing strictly on interest. Has nothing to do with inaccuracies or even if I think she's the best Ripley sculpt I've seen
This version could be a carbon copy of the film and I would still pass. Just a version of her I'd rather skip and save money on. Simple as that. :dunno

No, I do not think you are speaking for everybody else. If anyone ;-) ...think most people are here in this thread because they are interested in this figure.

god you people complain endlessly about everything. 2 years of this thread of crying and now we finally get her and you've all moved on to the next daily fit of tears about something else.

original.jpg

Its not really about complaining, I think its more about getting this right since its taken so long and we likely won't get another.

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Its not really about complaining, I think its more about getting this right since its taken so long and we likely won't get another.

No but complaining or not this is what you get. Buy it or move on. [emoji8] :)

Hey, it's a comment thread. We're commenting. :dunno

Never saw where it said we were only supposed to say positive things.

If I feel like complaining or not buying the figure, I'll do exactly that. And then I'll post all about it :lol

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Moving on was just a suggestion for someone who thought his complaining could get HT to change the figure to his liking. You're as always welcome to stay and complain. It's entertaining and we'll happily read it.

Last edited:

Late to the pre-pre-order party, but I'm glad she's finally close to a possible pre-order.

That crappy cat sculpt hasn't changed since it was first shown several years ago. It's still fugly and will remain in the cat case/box for ever. (if not left in the figure box.)

Standing by for the pre-order! :lecture

Uhm, I don't want to get anyone TOO excited BUT...

On the HT site, the new Ripley prod photos have a link to "movie" and what ALIEN movie clip do you think it is? Here's a guess, It has NOTHNG to do with the representation of this figure.

It's Ripley blowing the beast from the Narcissus. Why would they use THAT scene? Anyone? Lucky Star Ripley BC 2.0 2-pack?

Wor-Gar, can you please explain this?

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=390

pjam, you are expecting too much logic from HT's marketing team. The pics alone are enough to get us from "Stand By" mode to "Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times" mode. The ride is about to begin!...

You know people used to hate rooted hair and now they prefer it lol. Personally short hair looks better sculpted. The Black Widow AoU could have been better with sculpted hair. I think the sculpted hair on this figure looks great, it would probably be a nightmare to get right if it was rooted.

I feel the same way I did with BATMAN RETURNS not head over heels excited (maybe because of waiting so long) but will make the purchase. What I do like very much is what she comes with and I'm excited to own that stand!

Well this came as a surprise but a very welcome one. At least to me the final sculpt looks amazing and Jonsey aside the accessories are pretty cool.

Guess I am pre ordering her along with the Power Loader version if and when she is announced.

Well this came as a surprise but a very welcome one. At least to me the final sculpt looks amazing and Jonsey aside the accessories are pretty cool.

Guess I am pre ordering her along with the Power Loader version if and when she is announced.

I think the figure looks pretty spot on. Can't see what all the complaints are about. We're lucky to be getting anything from hot toys alien related the way they've been concentrating on marvel and star wars to be honest.

Just fix the bloody cat .... it looks like something from a kids play set !

Don't mention Marvel in this section of the forum. :lol Use your points for Ripley. There will be endless amounts of Cap figures down the road. I don't see them doing another Ripley.

True dat.

Also, I anticipate Ripley being pricier than the new Cap... but time will tell. (And I hope that time is the start of the business day on Monday).

Back