1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Oh.. so it was kiiiind of a teaser, maaayyybe then?

What's with this company. :gah: :lol
198.jpg

that's the photo i mean.
the smaller skeleton (with many missing parts) has a different skull than 1/4 (small teeth and seemingly a different shape), but it's not an old 1/6 skeleton, as it has a different chest/abdomen proportions and shape, and its hip hydraulics are connected to its pelvis similar to 1/4 variant - with extra point of articulation.
the photo has many logos on it, so it must have been official, so the thing was started... but never was finished.

I don't think the situation is as dire as either the '66 Batmobile or The Lone Ranger. But I'd be surprised if we saw a PO this year.

As would I. Pleasantly surprised. But she's also not relying on the sales or success of any movie or figures from the same line. I think Hot Toys is finally saying, "get ready" after jerking us around for so long.

198.jpg

that's the photo i mean.
the smaller skeleton (with many missing parts) has a different skull than 1/4 (small teeth and seemingly a different shape), but it's not an old 1/6 skeleton, as it has a different chest/abdomen proportions and shape, and its hip hydraulics are connected to its pelvis similar to 1/4 variant - with extra point of articulation.
the photo has many logos on it, so it must have been official, so the thing was started... but never was finished.

I always thought that was the original mms33, or whatever number the original endo was, showing how superior the 1/4 scale will be.

I always thought that was the original mms33, or whatever number the original endo was, showing how superior the 1/4 scale will be.
i have 2,5 original mms33, disassembled them several times and know that this one is very different, so it was no question for me.
well, not very different - slightly different in construction and shapes in some parts.

Last edited:

I'm still waiting on a new endo as well. I have the ones from Salvation but it's just not the same as the beautiful chrome endo from the original.

I don't trust HT as far as I can throw them - and you can't throw a corporation.

That don't make a lick of sense.

In the case of said Endo (unless you mean the T-Jayzuss one), it was clearly window dressing & I think most folks realized that.

As far as I'm aware, there's been no mention or teaser of an actual new 1/6 Endo from the earlier films yet.
Nah I'm talking about the endo from Genisys that they showed last year and most folks hated on it because it's not from T1 or T2. That didn't show up in the catalogue and neither did Drax, yet the Ripley's we haven't seen for nearly 2 years are shown lol. I don't think the catalogue means anything at all when it comes to production figures.

I think this is more significant then some are giving it. For instance, both The Lone Ranger and The 66 Batmobile were shown in these catalogues and have not been offered preorders for either. However with Ripley we saw her at SDCC a year and a half ago and never heard Hot Toys say one thing about her until now when she shows up in a catalogue showing figures for 2016. This can't be a "they just needed to fill a page with something" incident. That would be far to costly to print something they didn't intend to sell. And they did intend to sell Lone Ranger and 66 batmobile when they were shown in the catalogue. I'm looking forward to a preorder sometime this year. Time will tell.
Drax doesn't appear so does that mean they have no intention of releasing it? They show the Mark 42 that was released quite a long time ago. They show a bunch of the Star Wars releases but no Farmboy Luke or the Sandtrooper. The BTTF Marty shows the placeholder sculpt rather than the new one. It's just all very random to me.

When is the HT Alien 1979 Ripley figure coming out?

Has the Catalogue been confirmed as being 2016????

I cannot find a single link to view it elsewhere, where did you get that image from BuGz?

ALIEN.

Has the Catalogue been confirmed as being 2016????

I cannot find a single link to view it elsewhere, where did you get that image from BuGz?

ALIEN.

It is the 2016 catalog but don't be getting super excited about it because some of the content is just page fillers they never intend on releasing like alien ripley and power loader along with marty and the delorean part 2.

It is the 2016 catalog but don't be getting super excited about it because some of the content is just page fillers they never intend on releasing like alien ripley and power loader along with marty and the delorean part 2.

Cause Hot Toys shares info with you that they don't share with everybody else? Either that or you can predict the future? Admitting you don't know **** about something doesn't make you a fool. Quite the opposite in fact.

Cause Hot Toys shares info with you that they don't share with everybody else? Either that or you can predict the future? Admitting you don't know **** about something doesn't make you a fool. Quite the opposite in fact.

Thats true and i can't argue with that but judging on the amount of time that has passed between when the prototype was shown and now i'd put quite a significant wager on it that we won't be seeing these figures released.

Thats true and i can't argue with that but judging on the amount of time that has passed between when the prototype was shown and now i'd put quite a significant wager on it that we won't be seeing these figures released.

MUST POLITELY DISAGREE :)

What would they gain by NOT releasing it??
From the email demands they have received over the past 2 years they must be very aware how much it's wanted.

For some reason it keeps getting pushed to the back but i really feel it will released at some point.
It's just too good not to release!

ALIEN.

I see it a bit differently. had these shown up in the catalogue right after they showed her at SDCC in 2014 and then never released her, then Ripley would be following in the footsteps of figures we've seen but will never get. Instead Ripley hasn't been spoken of at all by Hot Toys since 2014 and suddenly she shows up in the 2016 catalogue. I'm gonna wager we do see her released. But nobody on here can honestly say they're certain one way or the other. So back to the waiting game.

Back