1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I want to believe that Ripley will come out this year. I want to believe...:pray:

well this appearing in the 2016 catalog certainly gives me hope. lets hope it follows through, which at this stage looks like it is.

Seems like Ripley finally making it onto a release schedule is a reasonable conclusion to draw from this. Is it a guarantee? Of course not. But it seems like a positive signal. If they had zero intention of doing anything more with the license, they could have just kept on being completely silent about her (like they've been doing for the past two years). If she's not in their plans, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to dredge up the pictures again. They could very easily have just let her slip away and hope we all forgot about her. And I would doubt they were desperate for product to fill the pages. They're pumping out more figures than ever right now.

That said, even if she's totally in the plans, plans can change. Plans can be hamstrung by outside forces. Like issues with production, the licensor, the talent, legal squabbling, or even a severely under performing movie. I'm sure they intended to release all the other figures and vehicles that folks are mentioning here, but circumstances changed on the ground that either prevented them from doing so or convinced them there wasn't a market.

So is this a guarantee? No way. But is it a good sign? I think it's reasonable to think so.

And there's no harm in hoping!

Just my two cents.

quote-Andy-Dufresne-hope-is-a-good-thing-maybe-the-255198-380x194.png

Ellen Ripley, who crawled through a river of Iron Man figures and came out clean on the other--well, actually she hasn't come out yet. But we'll see. One day. Maybe.

Ellen Ripley, who crawled through a river of Iron Man figures and came out clean on the other--well, actually she hasn't come out yet. But we'll see. One day. Maybe.

:lol

I hope Hot Toys Ripley makes it out of development hell. I hope to see this figure and swap out its hands so that it can hold the flamethrower. I hope the sculpt is just as good as BD RoboCop's and Alex Murphy's. I hope.

It was like some beautiful Ripley fell into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last person on Sideshow Freaks felt free.

JUST AN IDEA!

How about a BIG EMAIL DAY!

We set a date for say a months time, this gives visitors notice of the date
and when the date comes we ALL send Hot Toys an email so they get a mass
of Ripley Figure enquires all in one go!!

We must keep the pressure on, it's something we have all been waiting for.

Lets set a date (if you agree) say 1st March 2016

Here's the E-Mail address to note : [email protected]

ALIEN :wave

IM-IN-MEME.jpg

Im down to join in. I really want these Ripley figures!

Anybody knows if ripley was also in the catalogue 2015? If shecwas not, it's really good that she appears in the catalogue 2016...:)

1st March 2016 Update!

Well done MADREX & RONVCD for joining this action!

Now we have 5 members ready to email Hot Toys on the 1st of March.

ALIEN
Manu81
cmiller99
MADREX
ronvdc

Can we add anyone else to this list?

ALIEN

I am curious though, how big would that Ellen Ripley and Power Loader end up being, and at what price point ? I know they released it years ago but I wasnt into hot toys at the time let alone collecting Alien collectables so what would we be looking at realistically for the set ?

I do however love that Alien Ripley and as soon as she pops up on bigbadtoystore Im preordering. I just hope if these are released and do well enough they may do other characters from the films.

1st March 2016 Update!

Well done MADREX & RONVCD for joining this action!

Now we have 5 members ready to email Hot Toys on the 1st of March.

ALIEN
Manu81
cmiller99
MADREX
ronvdc

Can we add anyone else to this list?

ALIEN

You have a better chance of being abducted by an Alien, than this email doing anything.

You have a better chance of being abducted by an Alien, than this email doing anything.

agreed if hot toys haven't seen even the interest alone in this thread i don't think a few emails is gonna change their minds but on the other hand i applaud you for trying.:clap

SheldonPapers.gif

Well, i'm outta idea's :dunno

Back