1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Yeah, I don't see what's so bad about it. Could use work, but there's more going for it than simply knowing who it's *supposed* to be. The revised prototype we saw at the Asian toy fairs in 2014 looked excellent.

Yes that one looked great! ...I would probably even be satisfied with this first version I must admit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Yeah, I don't see what's so bad about it. Could use work, but there's more going for it than simply knowing who it's *supposed* to be. The revised prototype we saw at the Asian toy fairs in 2014 looked excellent.

I think we pretty much feel the same way then, despite your apparent opposition to my choice of words. It could use work. It has a certain recognisability to it but it's not quite there.

If you look back a page, thats just the V1 picture they are using. Remember they revealed the V2 much improved head.

I forgot that we saw two versions of it. That's how far I've put this in the back of my mind.

tS036Aa.jpg

The newer one is definitely an improvement. Is it 100% Weaver? No, but I can definitely tell it's her without even thinking about it.

I don't get it. This is nothing more concrete than a ''stay tuned'' message from Hot Toys and everyone's busting a nut.
I've given it some thought, and I believe that Biff is my favorite professional wrestler of all time.

019e8c77e115e1de383389c652969636.jpg

This guy needs Ripley to come help him out!
tried to give a rep point, but "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to slikkerias again.".
wonderful custom!

Anyone know about the big chap figure in the new HT catalogue? I am hoping it is a new big chap.

looks exactly like the old one with new paint and a base which is beyond disappointing!

hate to burst the bubble guys but doesn't that same catalogue have the batmobile 66 in it and we all know what happened with that. Its doubtful they are re-releasing the alien figure also. Thats obviously the old alien figure they released a few years back. I think this is just a catalogue with all their models in it that they have done both past and present still available even the ones they didn't release i.e page 11 of the catalogue was this...

View attachment 239874

Where can you get this catalog?

So assuming had to get a Ripley,which 1 do you think her more iconic?with/out the power loader.

I will get both. Different movies, different renditions.

Plus, I want to display the "Alien" version with "Big Chap" and I DEFINITELY want to replace the "Aliens" version that came with my Power Loader. Hopefully the Power Loader version is offered without the PL as well.

Plus, I want to display the "Alien" version with "Big Chap" and I DEFINITELY want to replace the "Aliens" version that came with my Power Loader. Hopefully the Power Loader version is offered without the PL as well.

^^same!

You right,but for those only able or wish to get 1 only,any suggestion if were you?

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

You right,but for those only able or wish to get 1 only,any suggestion if were you?

Alien (1) Ripley will always be the original and would be my choice.
...but Alien is also my favorite of the movies so makes it easy for me.

Last edited:

The total mystery about this line bugs me.

A) we don't know if or when these Ripleys will be released (nothing less than a preorder confirms these will be made)
B) we don't know if they intend to make anything else - personally I don't want to restart a high-end Alien collection unless it will also include at least a Hicks 2.0.

Last edited:

looks exactly like the old one with new paint and a base which is beyond disappointing!

It is the old one. The prototype photos for the original Big Chap figure showed off a much nicer paint app with rust colors and other effects. There's nothing new about the image they showed whatsoever.

Back