1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final report of the commercial 1/6th figure company, Hot Toys, third officer reporting. The other 1/6th members of the Nostromo crew - Lambert, Parker, Brett and Ash - are dead. Alien line destroyed. I should reach the official cancellation notice in about six weeks. With a little luck, one of the other 1/6 figure manufacturers will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

While most jokes in this thread are giving me heartburn from the constant regurgitation... this is too creative to not appreciate.

I can't even laugh at these anymore. I keep telling myself that even a blind squirrel finds a nut and eventually I'll click on this thread and she'll actually have been released. I'm giving it another 1,000 visits. If she hasn't been released, then I'm only giving it 500 more after that.

Why not check again in 57 years?

BPBZ3FX.gif

Last edited:
I remember postponing one of my flexpay payments for this by a month...I remembering being bummed, thinking; "man, everyone is gonna get it before me shoot"... Who knew the endless delays would cause it to catch up :lol

This is just sad.

You all should give it a damn good cancelling. Re-ordering if and only if it eventually comes out and it's a new sculpt whose likeness rivals the quality of BD Robocop/Alex Murphy.

You all should give it a damn good cancelling. Re-ordering if and only if it eventually comes out and it's a new sculpt whose likeness rivals the quality of BD Robocop/Alex Murphy.

If everyone cancels, HT is even more likely to do a piss-poor job and then never touch the license again. They consider the rational response to their own failings as a lack of interest in the property, which couldn't be further from the truth.

If everyone cancels, HT is even more likely to do a piss-poor job and then never touch the license again. They consider the rational response to their own failings as a lack of interest in the property, which couldn't be further from the truth.

There is no winning here. Because the other side of that coin is us buying an inferior product and Hot Toys thinks we'll eat it up no matter what! :lol

There is no winning here. Because the other side of that coin is us buying an inferior product and Hot Toys thinks we'll eat it up no matter what! :lol

Agreed. :lol Having that said, I'm not part of the camp that believes NECA is the go-to for these sorts of licenses either. I very much appreciate what HT does, even when it's not perfectly accurate; their Elder and Wolf 2.0s are excellent and much needed in the market. High-end, well-painted, mixed media figures in 1/6 and 1/4. No one else quite does what HT does with Aliens and Preds -- when they do it right, anyway.

Who cares. They hardly touch the license anymore regardless.

Besides whatever job they've done on Ripley is already done. Cancellations won't affect that at this point.

HT hasn't even updated SSC on this even though it is way past overdue from their last update about a month ago.. Still says Est. Arrival: Aug 2017 on the SSC PO page.

BS.

Everyone should cancel. Send a message. Don't jerk us around.

Or be girly-men. Keep obeying. Keep waiting. Keep squatting.

HT hasn't even updated SSC on this even though it is way past overdue from their last update about a month ago.. Still says Est. Arrival: Aug 2017 on the SSC PO page.

They keep changing the date so you can't claim overdue. But just email SS the picture of Ripley on HT's coming soon for April. I think they'll get the point.

Everyone should cancel. Send a message.
Send what message? That everybody is a petulant child? That they waited an eternity and they got so antsy at the home stretch with anticipation that it was just around the corner that they cancelled the soon-to-be-released figure along with losing their NRD just to spite a non-existent entity ?

"Thanks for the fans of the anticipation of Ripley. We hope the final products revealing has been patient for those who have waited. Shipping will commence soon. We are excited to have look of final product of Ripley. Stay tuned!" -Howard Chan

Back