1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Any plans to make this? Still one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in movies.

Newborn.jpg

When do you all think this will be up for preorder? I'm so excited. :blissy

Hope next month or so.....

We'll get a "tweaked" Big Chap with fixes not new figure- but I'll take it!

Any plans to make this? Still one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in movies.

View attachment 126987
I loved the design of this creature. Fantastic work how they were able to capture the baby expression to anger in a split second. Still amazed at how so many people thought the design was horrible. I would not pick up a HT version but would love NECA to put this out! This newborn design kicked the Predalien designs ass for sure

It would only remind me of one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen.

I loved the design of this creature. Fantastic work how they were able to capture the baby expression to anger in a split second. Still amazed at how so many people thought the design was horrible. I would not pick up a HT version but would love NECA to put this out! This newborn design kicked the Predalien designs ass for sure

You wouldn't want a HT version of this guy? Think of the textures! Ewww....

Yeah I really hope we get a new Big Chap to compliment Ripley.

Love at first bite.

Alien.jpg

Speaking to Empire Magazine, Whedon reminisced about his involvement with Alien: Resurrection, and the Alien film series as a whole. Whedon also briefly commented on Prometheus:

"Yes, I did see Pro-meaningless,” he joked. “In all seriousness, Alien: Resurrection was, I thought, the lowest I could ever feel. And then they cancelled Firefly. ‘Yup, there you go. That’s me feeling even lower.’ Let me quote King Lear — ‘The worst is not, so long as we can say, ‘This is the worst’…

You don’t ever get over it. When you are making a movie you are making something that is going to last forever, especially now with the internet. So there is always going to be a s**tty Alien movie out there. A s**tty Alien movie with my name on it."

So what went wrong? Whedon has his own thoughts on why Alien: Resurrection was almost a franchise killer:

"Casting is storytelling. I wrote two characters for Alien: Resurrection and their arc was that you would not know what way they were going to go. One of them turned out to be insane — and what do they do? They call Brad Dourif. So there is no plot twist. Brad is a very good actor but he has been pigeonholed into these roles. Then they cast J.E. Freeman as a thug — and his character was also supposed to be a mystery. So there you go again — the mystery is gone. Those are just a couple of examples because there are thousands of them when it comes to Alien: Resurrection."

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/joss-whedon-******-alien-movie-wrote.html

There's bits I like about Alien Resurrection, but on the whole it was tonally so different from Alien or Aliens. The story really went off into a strange direction, with Ripley as a cloned human/alien hybrid and whatnot.

Yes......must happen :lecture

:exactly:

But hopefully in plastic rather than rubber? Groot style.

Even if it compromises aesthetics a little, I'd be happier with a non-bio-degradable Xenomorph.

I don't mind it. :lol

As mentioned earlier; Perlman, Wynona, Sigouney in super Ripley mode.. ahh good times.

The only thing that really bugged me, was Michael Wincott & that emphysema voice of his. Needless to say, I disliked him in The Crow too. Nice Rapunzel hair. I get that it was the grunge era, but it still looked silly.

No way! Wincott is awesome! He got killed too quickly in the film.

His villain in The Crow is great!

'Caw! Caw! Bang! *****k! I'm dead!'

Ryan Reynolds would have been the best choice. He would have been too young though. :monkey3

Nice Rapunzel hair. I get that it was the grunge era, but it still looked silly.

He was way beyond grunge. Dude was straight-up Victorian in that movie. Still liked him as the villain, but Top Dollar in the film is completely different from Top Dollar in the books. Both in portrayal and in story role.

Don't forget his role in The Count of Monte Cristo. What a scumbag.

As far as fourth movies go, there are far worse ones than Alien Resurrection. If Alien and Aliens are four-star movies and Alien 3 is a three-star movie, Resurrection brings up the rear at two stars. It's not like we're talking about the vast majority of Paul W.S. Anderson movies. :monkey3

Great reveal from HT. It needs a little tidying up in the body/clothes department tho. I'd like to see HT revisit the Alien warriors, just a question of time.

Back