1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I think the newer headsculpt looks much better. Like wow.

Must confess I had never heard of Adrienne Barbeau till this figure was revealed. Now I've seen her name a multitude of times.

Whaddaya know? Turns out I did see her afterall and I didn't even know it. Alien resurrection sucked, that's probably why I didn't remember Adrienne. :monkey3

OK, it was a pretty good cartoon.

A Joss Whedon cartoon, nevertheless.

Alien, however, remains the pinnacle of the series. Followed closely by Aliens.

I've seen EfNY, she was in that? Ok.

Brain's squeeze.

sexysf039.jpg

She was also one of the two chicks driving a Lamborghini in the Cannonball run movie.

Adrienne-Barbeau-CANNONBALL-RUN.jpg

A Joss Whedon cartoon, nevertheless.

It's a Jean-Pierre Jeunet cartoon. Whedon only wrote the screenplay and has on numerous occasions publicly decried what Jeunet (who apparently didn't even speak English when filming began) did with his script.

Brain's squeeze.

sexysf039.jpg

Ripley and Brett in a deleted scene.

It's a Jean-Pierre Jeunet cartoon. Whedon only wrote the screenplay and has on numerous occasions publicly decried what Jeunet (who apparently didn't even speak English when filming began) did with his script.

With #3 and #4 everyone was blaming each other for what went wrong. :lol

I think it was Dan O'Bannon who said that after Alien and Aliens the story had been told, and there was nowhere else to go (but down into pop culture). Giger wasn't happy either.

(I just worked my way through the mountain that forms the 6 disc Alien Anthology Blu-ray).

Reissue? They need to redo that ****ing alien.

The irony is, if HT were making an Adrienne Barbeau figure, people would be saying the headsculpt looked like Sigourney Weaver.

And invoking the mystical power of rooted hair to turn collectible figures into dolls.

:D

Jury's still out - I've been bringing it up too.

So far, the lower arms seem like they could be the exposed jointed type; the wrists don't look like the rubber armed ones to me.

No offense.. but you've gotta be joking. :lol

Well yes, it's an opinion, but clearly it is the wrong one.

My opinion is that this opinion is correct, and will remain correct unless I change my opinion.

:lecture

No offense, but you're all wrong. :lol

The Alien head sculpt, revised at it may be, still appears too old to me. Sigourney Weaver is seven years older in Aliens - her features look harder, she looks leaner, more world-weary, especially by the end of the movie - so that head sculpt is more accurate to my eyes.

According to the storyline, she's been in cryo sleep for 57 years but hasn't aged, but SW is not supposed to look the same age, because she does not look the same age. Who the hell would after seven years, between the first two movies?

But Hot Toys is apparently not doing two different sculpts, just different paint apps, hairstyles and outfits. Oh well.

:lol Freud has to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

Like I said, I'm more of a fan of Alien than Aliens, so if one had to be better than the other, I'd prefer it to be Alien. But it's not the final product, so there's always a chance for improvement. yeah, right

When do you all think this will be up for preorder? I'm so excited. :blissy

Back