1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I think they made Jonesy so small & lacking in detail because he's meant to be in the inter galactic cat-carrier. They just pulled him out for the show so we could see he was included. I doubt we will get another Jones sculpt.

Yeah.. I don't see them doing a re-sculpt on Jonesy. Why would they at this point? Just because we want them to? Have they EVER listened to non-Asian collectors?

And just because they are making a couple Ripley's... don't get too excited about any further Weaver figures to start popping up. This is a huge world-wide fan demand character. And probably the only one we'll be getting for a long time coming. If you want a Dana Barrett, make one from an extra Alien Ripley. Or hold your breath. See which one produces better results.

I wouldn't even really bank on these happening at this point. And I would bet on Aliens over Alien Ripley coming first. Until pre-orders go up, nothing is certain with HT.

Well shoot, Hot Toys just revealed the official specs and pics for GOTG's Gamora. Starting to think Ripley may not be far behind.

I'd expect to see the entirety of the GOTG crew before official specs and pics for anything in the Aliens and Robots domain. HT have their priorities.

Oh yeah. Not unlike Prometheus, there will be zero rush to get her out, since the movie isn't getting any newer. I reckon we'll get figures from Ant-Man and Avengers 2 up before her.

I'd expect to see the entirety of the GOTG crew before official specs and pics for anything in the Aliens and Robots domain. HT have their priorities.

Agreed- she will go up in the next 2-3 months..or next week

Are u buying any gotg? ... I am yet to see the movie...

Are u buying any gotg? ... I am yet to see the movie...

Nope. On the superhero front I'll probably buy the DX15 Batman Returns Batman. I may buy some Avengers 2 guys when the time comes. No interest in Guardians though. It was a decent film but I don't know them.

102511kc46z4h7hdf0hy0k.jpg

102515gytdrzvdo4zee4yu.jpg

102519rptxzhalx0o8nr1l.jpg

102520fdtth1mp1f1e6pp4.jpg

102522lnildl2dxoazg3wj.jpg

102528b819or55819f1ih5.jpg

102529wji6wzb6xzjlmxlb.jpg

102532mbag3bzaau41pbzp.jpg

102534ue025p3uu5ul5fel.jpg

102536m9hi6x979cii99ri.jpg

102537dmgcumcggcugzmyj.jpg

I don't know why but just by looking at that PL it look likes its going to break easy, dunno just looks fragile construction.
As for the PL ripley figure for some reason I think the 1st version head looked better for that hair and as a Aliens ripley.

damn I never thought I would want a Weaver figure! Both look so good. Aliens Ripley looks a little DXish? I'm going to get Alien Ripley!

Nope. On the superhero front I'll probably buy the DX15 Batman Returns Batman. I may buy some Avengers 2 guys when the time comes. No interest in Guardians though. It was a decent film but I don't know them.

Yeah pass for me too... Except that gamora figure nothing else is tempting for me... But i guess i will give her a pass too. Somehow i just want to be very selective so i dont buy what i dont need ... Dx 15 surely will be a buy for me with the hope that michelle will show up at some point in time... plus the delorean...

Not that I actually expected HT to go after the Reebok licence just for one character's shoes... but reasonably sure these are looking like the Stompers, without actually quite being them. Which would have been a nice touch :D

damn I never thought I would want a Weaver figure! Both look so good. Aliens Ripley looks a little DXish? I'm going to get Alien Ripley!

Same, the Alien version looks way better imo, if I only get one, thats the one

Not that I actually expected HT to go after the Reebok licence just for one character's shoes... but reasonably sure these are looking like the Stompers, without actually quite being them. Which would have been a nice touch :D

There's just a missing Reebok logo on the lower strap. The other logo is hidden by the loader's strap. Not really a big deal. I so wish Reebok would make these for real, much like the Nike Mags. They brought out a shorter version in grey recently, but i really want them in white at the full height.

The head sculpt looks like Adrienne Barbeau to me. Especially the Aliens one. Would go good with Sideshow's Snake Plissken.

So is the body on Ripley a new HT seamless one?

Or are they using the same one that was on the Resident Evil seamless type? I don't see why they'd use that one because the legs had limited articulation, wouldn't make sense

I so wish Reebok would make these for real, much like the Nike Mags.
Well, technically we're still a year away from the proper Nike Mags - very intrigued to see how the for-real self lacing behaves on the new ones. It's been a few months now since Nike announced that, I really should see if there's been any more news on that.. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not bothered about self-lacing although if they can pull it off, it'll be amazing, (and expensive). There was no way i was going to shell out for the proper Nike Mags a few years back ($5000 plus) but i did buy a few pairs of the Chinese made knock-offs. I made them screen accurate by adding EL panels to the soles and straps and reducing the height of the toebox for a cleaner look.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

Now i want to make the jacket in time for next year.

Back