1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman: DoJ - Batmobile Collectible Vehicle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howard the HT CEO was at SDCC.... I spoke to him in regards to the release and PO for this Batmobile.

He told me that he is still unsure if they are going to release this or not due to cost of producing it and the size of the car.

Kinda disappointed to hear his respond that he is unsure as I am all in for this Batmobile.

that's a bit of a downer.

Yeah it bothers me when HT do that whole teasing thing and then they can't decide to release it or not.

Yeah it bothers me when HT do that whole teasing thing and then they can't decide to release it or not.

Me too.They need to knock that crap on the head pronto because they are seriously choking my enthusiasm and respect for their brand.

Me too.They need to knock that crap on the head pronto because they are seriously choking my enthusiasm and respect for their brand.
Making something as a prototype and not turning it out for production isn't unheard of. Some things just aren't viable to mass produce.

Man I'm so glad they did the '89 Batmobile when they did. It came out at the perfect time thanks to the post TDK/ pre TDKR hype and the Tumbler and Batpod sales. If it was made later, it would have never seen the light of day and no company is going to ever take a chance on something that big again in the future. In hindsight, it makes the scratches look smaller in the scheme of things.

I wonder if they just don't see big 1:6 vehicles being a viable option anymore. The Bat shrunk to 1/12 and was a dud sales wise (the compact line was dead before it even began) the '66 Batmobile seems to have faded away and now, even the status on the BvS Batmobile is up in the air.

It would be nice to see the '66 and BvS Batmobiles get released. Imagine someone's collection that had the 1/6 Tumbler and Bale, 1/6 '89 Batmobile and Keaton, 1/6 '66 Batmobile and West/Ward and the BvS Batmobile with Affleck. It'd be an amazing set up.

Man I'm so glad they did the '89 Batmobile when they did. It came out at the perfect time thanks to the post TDK/ pre TDKR hype and the Tumbler and Batpod sales. If it was made later, it would have never seen the light of day and no company is going to ever take a chance on something that big again in the future. In hindsight, it makes the scratches look smaller in the scheme of things.

I wonder if they just don't see big 1:6 vehicles being a viable option anymore. The Bat shrunk to 1/12 and was a dud sales wise (the compact line was dead before it even began) the '66 Batmobile seems to have faded away and now, even the status on the BvS Batmobile is up in the air.

It would be nice to see the '66 and BvS Batmobiles get released. Imagine someone's collection that had the 1/6 Tumbler and Bale, 1/6 '89 Batmobile and Keaton, 1/6 '66 Batmobile and West/Ward and the BvS Batmobile with Affleck. It'd be an amazing set up.
They did the DeLorean after the Tumbler though. My guess would be that the figures are really the bread and butter of their business and they don't like to take as many risks with the bigger items that cost more to produce. It could also be the mixed reactions to Batman V Superman that gave them pause. Maybe they wondered how many people would dedicate the type of money they'd be asking for a piece like that on a film that many people didn't like.

Howard the HT CEO was at SDCC.... I spoke to him in regards to the release and PO for this Batmobile.

He told me that he is still unsure if they are going to release this or not due to cost of producing it and the size of the car.

Kinda disappointed to hear his respond that he is unsure as I am all in for this Batmobile.

Well Hot Toys made it more complicated than necessary because of the remote and all the other electronic features no one asked for.

Maybe if Suicide Squad and Justice League do well there would be hope still.

I am definitely getting this vehicle if it ever goes up for pre-order and I don't even have any of the BvS figures po'ed yet.

Maybe if Suicide Squad and Justice League do well there would be hope still.

This is our best hope of seeing this get produced. If Batman v Superman had been a Force Awakens size hit this batmobile would be heading for production.

Back