1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman: DoJ - Batmobile Collectible Vehicle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason behind the Camo-Tumbler was to try and recoup the loses Assosiated with the first black colored release... There was no retooling because the warehouse was full of them and no-one ordered them... So Hot Toys decides to paint them and hoping that the Bat-Fans that bought the first ones would by the second one...
I purchased the 1989 and I already knew that with a 1/6 scale collectable that has well over 150 parts to it, plus the cost of assembly line workers and the time to pump one out completed; they lost money...
Not to mention that during the time these collectibles were coming out; the world economy took a nose dive...

Notwithstanding, all of the collectors who screamed that they and thier mother-in laws were all in on buying the Batmobiles...

I didn't get any of the Tumblers, The Bat and the Batpod; because the 1989 Batmobile looks way cooler...

I did pick-up the Project BM Akira/Kenada Motorcycle with-out a second guess...

I recently was able to get my muddy paws on the "DeathRace/DeathMatch 1:6 Frankinstein's Monster" anc I couldn't be any happier...

You also need to remember that those previous Batvehicles were all less than $500 when released (forget the aftermarket) and the 1989-granted, a bit more than $500-one was around forever and even now, some have trouble getting rid of one (BBTS won't even buy yours).

The Bat will likely never sell out at that price, and the 60's seems MIA. This one does not seem that is going to be anywhere close to $500, not in this life. And, regardless on how much you love the film, it was NOT a success. It was NOT a good movie.

Maybe if SS turns out better, and the Batmobile shows that it actually has a purpose being there instead of mindlessly blowing **** up and doing slow-mo turns, then it would make sense.

Maybe if SS turns out better

It won't. Not critical reception wise anyway.

The Batmobile shows that it actually has a purpose being there instead of mindlessly blowing **** up and doing slow-mo turns, then it would make sense.

It's in it for less than a minute and does less than what it did in BvS. :lol

This Affleck Batmobile is so good looking and sounds great, but it hasn't been utilized well at all in my opinion. Hopefully that changes in Justice League.

Correct!!! The movie was only good if you went into it thinking: " I want a great Summer Popcorn Movie!!!" and that's what it was... Lots of noise, fights and FX!!!

The price of this new 1/6 scale with all of the bells & whistles will be way over the old introductory price of olds past...

My guess: $900.00

And that's me thinking about this on the Royal Thrown; with One sheet left!!!

Sure we all want this to be made; just like the 1966; but companies have to look at profit over reality...

I remember back in 1989, Ertl had advertised a line of 1/64 scale die-cast Batmobiles from the comic books... These were in a Previews pre-order book from your local comic book shop; the old information highway way before the Internet...

I put my order in so fast, I saw a vision of my future self buying a Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile...

Months had passed and then you get the latest issue only to see those dreaded words: " Canceled by company"

You see, at the New York Annual Toy Show; companies place orders in for what they believe will be a big selling batch of toys... If orders don't reach a maximum to justify production costs; it's not going to happen...

If it does go pass this stage; sometimes a change will occurre that will enable the product to be made...(Paint running change, materials for weight due to shipping costs per unit, accessories or a retool of the look)

When I buy a collectable, many things convince to buy a product such as packing, paint applications and quality...

(Just look at the last couple of Mattel Batmobiles and the latest Ecto-1)

Over the years old actually starts to study these marketing tactics and sees where or what will come out next...

Enough already, I have to ask my poor pooch if he has trouble with things getting stuck to his fur...

Poor pooch...

It won't. Not critical reception wise anyway.

It's in it for less than a minute and does less than what it did in BvS. :lol

This Affleck Batmobile is so good looking and sounds great, but it hasn't been utilized well at all in my opinion. Hopefully that changes in Justice League.

Seriously? Didn't they delay it or added some stuff because of the reception of BvS?

Oh well, then the less likely this thing will get made, I think.

I'm sure if this goes into production they'll drop the remote features for the turrent canons, canopy doors, hooks and "battle mode". Even when they showed that showcase video, it seemed too ambitious and costly, not to mention faked with stop motion trickery.

A Batmobile with lights (a switch), manual opening canopy and room for a Batman figure is all that they need to do.

Actually really surprised something as simple as the Batsignal hasn't gone up yet. Seems like a no brainer since Armored Batman and Supes are up and it's way smaller and less intricate than a manufacturing production monster like the Batmobile.

Maybe they'll wait for Justice League to release the Batsignal with a J.K. Simmons Commissioner Gordon?

tumblr_oamx06mqg91uqx64ro6_1280.jpg

It's on display at SDCC again. So at least it's still possible.

still not sure it will be made- if no PO soon they will wait for JL version to produce but with HT anything can happen...

well them still showing this is a bit of good news. I don't see the batsignal so that prob means that thing is scrapped.

Can anyone on this forum who is attending SDCC, PLEASE ask hot toys when the BVS Batmobile is going up for pre order.Thanks in advance!

Back