1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Hot Toys is from Hong Kong. They have most of their demand for Iron man and Marvel figures from the Asian Market. That is why you see so many Iron Man figures and Avengers figures. I think they have a larger audience in Asia then they do in Europe and North America. They love Iron Man in China.I could be wrong about this so correct me? Aliens and predator is not as popular in those markets. I still have hope that we will see a Ripley. Have hope Aliens fan's have hope!!

i always thought that marvel simply paid everybody to take over the market.

Since Hot Toys is from Hong Kong. They have most of their demand for Iron man and Marvel figures from the Asian Market. That is why you see so many Iron Man figures and Avengers figures. I think they have a larger audience in Asia then they do in Europe and North America. They love Iron Man in China.I could be wrong about this so correct me? Aliens and predator is not as popular in those markets. I still have hope that we will see a Ripley. Have hope Aliens fan's have hope!!

Predator is pretty popular in asia its just iron man and avengers are a hell of a lot more popular...

Well they're niche now compared to their repetitive Iron Man and Captain America stuff. But Hot Toys started out on Terminator, Aliens and Predator. They made 5 marines back in the day which were in high demand on the after-market. Hot Toys must be very much aware of them.

Always wondered why hot toys made the 5 marines from aliens and for their predator line they only released dutch and billy. The whole squad would have been awesome even back in 2010.

I think they MIGHT have been popular enough to make all 5 marines in the past... but now?

I am guessing alot will depend on the Bloomkamp film. Might be a market if they really bring back Hicks for that...

I think they MIGHT have been popular enough to make all 5 marines in the past... but now?

We're still here...the people who bought them before would buy them now.

Only by comparison to Iron Man and Avengers could the marines be said to not be popular, just because those are at stupendous levels now.

Yeah, it's not like the customer base that are fans and willing to buy this kind of stuff vanished and disappeared.

I think they just don't care. They're a corporation now and the big bucks is with the Disney licenses and Iron Man. When they focused on Terminator, Aliens, Predator and Robocop, they were a smaller company and those licenses weren't as expensive or "big" as say all the superhero crap they dabble in now. It was before Iron Man and the Avengers and before the Star Wars license was being handed out to every toy company around the world.

Doing the ALIENS Marines might require Hot Toys to actually seek likeness rights with the actual actors themselves...which could be a time-intensive process. Nowadays, the actor's likeness to-be-used in line with the character they portray is part of their contracts. Back then, not so much. So it's likely Hot Toys has worked out a deal with Sigourney Weaver which is why they've been showing off Ripley.

As a former collector of the original Hot Toys Alien and Predator stuff...I'm done. I'm happy to see this stuff and thrilled that they're re-doing some of their classics that got them where they are (and believe me, they don't "have to" with all the Star Wars/Marvel/DC stuff) but I sold my HT Alien/Predator collection years ago and I'm not looking to revisit it. I'll always be an Alien and Predator fan, but I don't need the Hot Toys figures anymore. So seeing these updated versions is just a nice little bonus to me. As it is that Hot Toys is even doing them... yeah, it sucks that these "cult classic" lines aren't Hot Toys' focus, but the fact that they're doing them here and there is still a pretty big deal.

Doing the ALIENS Marines might require Hot Toys to actually seek likeness rights with the actual actors themselves...which could be a time-intensive process. Nowadays, the actor's likeness to-be-used in line with the character they portray is part of their contracts. Back then, not so much. So it's likely Hot Toys has worked out a deal with Sigourney Weaver which is why they've been showing off Ripley.

Yeah, but that's a walk in the park for Hot Toys. These are the same guys that negotiated and got approval from Jack Nicholson and Peter Weller. That wasn't easy to do and it definitely cost them a pretty penny. Hot Toys knows how to find and talk to these guys. Remember all the elbow rubbing they did with Stallone and Arnold before this huge Marvel trend? They even had a deal where they put out a statement around the time of The Expendables saying they were going to make new Rocky and Rambo figures. Look what happened to that! :lol

If a "small" toy company from New Jersey can make Ripley, Hicks, Hudson, Bishop, Newt and Vasquez, no reason big ole' Hot Toys can't. Who knows, they might have very well acquired those characters, but just sit on the licensing rights. That's what they did with a lot of the Quarter Scale licenses that they gobbled up.

Let's not forget, Hot Toys was lurking around these very forums and Dave had to put a cease and desist on those ACE Toyz Michael Keaton and Morgan Freeman sculpt threads since Hot Toys owned the likenesses and licensing for Bruce Wayne and Lucius Fox. It took years for them to finally put out a Keaton and to date, they've never made a Freeman. They "owned" them in 1/6 form though.

Randy with NECA just yesterday called it a "miracle" that they were able to get the likeness rights they have.

I truly wonder what constitutes a "miracle".

There's no way Hot Toys will produce all of the Marines. But, i'd say there's a reasonable chance Hicks will be re-made. Maybe Hudson and Vasquez.

Sure, all other licenses are second-fiddle to Marvel, but I don't see Hot Toys abandoning their Alien/Predator lines anytime soon. (Even if their 1/4 scale announcement remains unfulfilled 4 years later!)

Plus, the Marvel stuff will die down eventually, or another company could come along. On the positive side, we're getting a new warrior, a powerloader, two Ripleys. Not a bad haul. Works out nicely for me as my fig collection has been streamlined to just AvP/Terminator, pretty much.

Plenty of cool statues on the horizon from CoolProps, HCG, Prime1 and Chronicle, plus I plan on going back to the T2 figs and the Terminator Salvation line. I've also got a few more Preds to pick up. Maybe the older HT Aliens if i'm feeling brave. Plenty to keep me occupied!

The lack of Prometheus figs was disappointing, but I'd bet that we'll see more AvP stuff in the not too distant. Chopper, Grid, Lex.

Remember all the elbow rubbing they did with Stallone and Arnold before this huge Marvel trend? They even had a deal where they put out a statement around the time of The Expendables saying they were going to make new Rocky and Rambo figures. Look what happened to that! :lol

I'd almost completely forgotten about that. :slap

I was really looking forward to that. I guess that'll never happen too.

A Hot Toys Hicks 2.0 would have given me a very very different outlook on the whole Alien day. As it stands, man it was weak.

Agreed. :lecture

Apart from Bardoon, the people who bought them before would buy them now.

And agreed. :lecture

As a matter of fact, I believe that a Hicks and Hudson releases would be very popular sellers and would boost reciprocal sales with the new "blue alien".

Apart from Bardoon, the people who bought them before would buy them now.

No offense ment here , but you guys are a small minority of HT buyers and Ht knows that.....proof is in the Iron Man repetitive choices they make.
If they were gonna do Marines they would have by now....(do them again)

No offense ment here , but you guys are a small minority of HT buyers and Ht knows that.....proof is in the Iron Man repetitive choices they make.

pyongyang-cia-un-torture.si_.jpg

Back