1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is looking nice there. But if not mistaken, I believe the description stated something about having a blue lighting color effect.

Edit: Yep, here it is: "...special blueish colored painting on its body..."

only pics i can find, looks like its not blue after all

View attachment 262317

Highlights are totally on the wrong part of the forehead. CoolProps got it right:

Xqluxjk6Cz00.jpg

Highlights are totally on the wrong part of the forehead. CoolProps got it right:

Xqluxjk6Cz00.jpg

Man that CP bust is nice looking. I doubt HT was even concerned about being "prop accurate". I think they were going for more of an idealized version. I know some collectors hate that, but I personally don't mind. The aliens are always very difficult to see clearly in the films so very few people know or care exactly what the suits really look like.

The alien warriors in Aliens were always crouching in the shadows, I don't remember seeing them ever standing upright like this figure. That was how the alien in the first film appeared. Wish they'd kind of built this guy into a crouching position.

The alien warriors in Aliens were always crouching in the shadows, I don't remember seeing them ever standing upright like this figure. That was how the alien in the first film appeared. Wish they'd kind of built this guy into a crouching position.

I think those of you who wants a crouching version should maybe stick with the old one - you can probably get it cheap now that this one is coming. Very posable and not that bad looking. Terrible quality joints but they can be fixed. Just sounds like you would be happier with not spending $250 on this one...
I personally like the standing look. Though there are some design differences from the Big Chap we all know an Alien can stand like that. It would of course always be nice with more possibility but owning the Big Chap I know how great the rubber suit looks. (I didn't have any issues with the rubber yet (no jokes here please) so maybe I would think differently if I had...)

Yeah, its got that man in a suit look sort of........too thin......they should have went with a totally different body mechanic.

alien-design-hd.jpg

Dunno you guys, this thing is growing inside of me, digging that luster paint blue mix with brown HT put on,not accurate but pretty cool i think.
Not for the articulation point though.

View attachment 262468

https://ameblo.jp/dark-souls0106/entry-12156247070.html

:horror

But seriously, I'm liking it as well. If HT would announce a Hicks, I would automatically order this one as well. As it stands, unless we see an "Aliens" Ripley with pulse-rifle and flame-thrower set-up, I may be passing on this alien.

:horror

But seriously, I'm liking it as well. If HT would announce a Hicks, I would automatically order this one as well. As it stands, unless we see an "Aliens" Ripley with pulse-rifle and flame-thrower set-up, I may be passing on this alien.

Yeah neither i,may be if there is Queen mother release I would go along with this but the bluish paint they done on this time,make me kind of looking forward the Queen.

I like it...just not sure about how much for that price....

I will need to see it and some pose pics from the community to see if it can be better looking that standing straight up.

I know I'll get one. But that's the problem though... one.
It is a lot price wise. I wish HT would give us a break on "army builder" type figures. They would have so much more impact in a group display and I bet every collector would by multiples.

I know I'll get one. But that's the problem though... one.
It is a lot price wise. I wish HT would give us a break on "army builder" type figures. They would have so much more impact in a group display and I bet every collector would by multiples.

Yes, we'd wish...

Back