1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - ALIEN Warrior - HT Facebook says "coming soon"

*cue the swarm of newbie HT apologists who insist any past complaint is blown out of proportion and not substantiated by facts--Hot Toys can do no wrong!!*

The paint-flaking alone makes rubber a terrible idea and unforgivable if they go that route again.

Even if they're using a new type of rubber and paint application techniques to minimize flaking (because they'll never truly prevent it), doesn't change the fact that posing this thing will be Boring with a capital B.

Hot Toys can do no wrong!!*

Except in its electronics...

Oh, and rubber....

And likeness sometimes....

And that's it.

And maybe body construction and durability.....

And that's it.

Oh, and its inability to fully complete a line..... other than Marvel's Avengers.... over and over and OVER!!!!

Ok since everyone is giving out about this figure let's point out all the inaccuracies compared with the movie.
I'll get the ball rolling. The rib cage is wrong, it's missing ribs in turn making it shorter.
Someone else's turn now.

Ok since everyone is giving out about this figure let's point out all the inaccuracies compared with the movie.
I'll get the ball rolling. The rib cage is wrong, it's missing ribs in turn making it shorter.
Someone else's turn now.

Well on some props the alien only had 6 ribs
aliensblowuppuppet.jpg

However the neck looks wrong, and the legs are taken from the big chap so they are definitely wrong. The overall proportions look off as well.

Someone else's turn now.

This is a game that will never end.

You should make it a drinking game.

image.jpg
While others had eight. I believe this was the eight foot "doll" they made for certain scenes as they could pose it to their liking or whatever the scene required.
So why six on some and eight on others.

I really hope we can get a good representation of this puppet one of these days.

aliensheropuppetsoes.jpg

What was that An "Aliens Warrior"? To go with an Alien Ripley? Had the blue guy, couldn't get it to stand up without the legs collapsing and spilling it to the floor ( carpet, thank God). Used blu tac on the feet sockets and after a while, that didn't hold either.

Anyhoo, disappointed with this version, was hoping for an improved Giger Big Chap to go with the Alien Ripley.

Not sure what HT's objectives are in introducing a recycled Aliens Warrior unless they are recycling the Aliens line ( with limited likeness rights) but still it doesn't go with the Aliens Power Loader Ripley either.

I have never had a dog or warrior so can not speak to their quality but my ver 2 Ed209 and big chap are both perfectly fine in their rubber

Not sure what movie its from.... but it looks so cool. Just want me a new Alien. :)

Love that Alien grin but I wonder if the mouth will really be able to shut? -- unlike the original. Had to glue that one closed.

I know some people will not agree with me, but this looks beautiful and I want it on my shelf asap. :drool:drool

It is way better than their earlier efforts, but still not that good. Not good enough to justify the cost definitely.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Wonder how it stacks up against the old Big Chap? Without the blue lighting.
Well in terms of accuracy it has the old big chap beat. The warrior may be inaccurate in some areas, but nowhere near how bad the big chap was.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Back