1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - ALIEN Warrior - HT Facebook says "coming soon"

But if thats the case then it should be the alien from the first movie

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Looks more like the first one there with Ripley than it does an Aliens "Warrior" despite the name use. They also use "Alien Warrior" for the Prometheus "snorkel dude" above too, so there ya go.

Here's interesting news (post) from the Ripley thread explaining the two HT figures...

It's for their Alien Day event at Toy Sapien. Takes place April 26th to May something. Both the figures will be up for order then. Official announcements around April 26th.

So little over a month to go. After what?.... two years of waiting for this Ripley?

Looks more like the first one there with Ripley than it does an Aliens "Warrior" despite the name use. They also use "Alien Warrior" for the Prometheus "snorkel dude" above too, so there ya go.
It definitely is the Aliens warrior though. The hands and feet and head definitely show that. The rest is a reuse of the big chap but its still meant to be the warrior.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Uh.....I think that we're burying the lead here peoples.....M.U.S.C.L.E. Alien!!!!!!

Also, they gots to be making new Marines. Why have acid splash damage if you don't intend on having some doing the shooting?

12042647_1114526785275977_1700985589631523690_n.jpg

it's not acid, alien acid is yellow(ish) and doesn't glow, it looks colorless with a black alien as a background and no light.

aliens_12.jpg

i'm telling you, it's TCRI hitting the alien to create Tsang/Alien hybrid.

508784-b1b1d5b1d9a4380f3a63e3d4df1ea8a6.jpg

The head sculpt is the Warrior from Aliens. You can see the ribbing running along the head behind the dome at the front.

The head sculpt quite pretty decent and the rest hand,feet,etc,except the body HT decided recycle A1 to save their resources how convenient......

htalien156619655530702_4495708896466345005_n.jpg

alien619703235702_8317425679092548128_n.jpg

Well, to be fair, even NECA re-uses the Giger torso for their Aliens warriors.
What is truly unfortunate here is that HT's Giger alien was a mess, so their use of that torso and legs means this Aliens version will also be a mess.

I think HT should go full "high quality" plastic if they plan on making alien figures again. You can't have dynamic poses using rubber because of the fear of cracking.

I think HT should go full "high quality" plastic if they plan on making alien figures again. You can't have dynamic poses using rubber because of the fear of cracking.

Which is ironic since maximising the range of motion is why they will probably go with rubber again. And I will pass because that is a huge fail. In addition to the rubber cracking you have to worry about the paint flaking off - and it will. Then there's the accuracy issue which Hot Toys are pretty indifferent about with their creature sculpts.

Then there's the accuracy issue which Hot Toys are pretty indifferent about with their creature sculpts.
if they were indifferent, they wouldn't hire such a talented creature sculptor :lol

It seems HT doesn't really care about the Alien franchise and its fans. No improvements at all on that Alien Warrior.

Well that kinda sucks.
All the other licences have improved, but that Alien looks like it came right out of 2010.

All the other licences have improved
we need a live alien specimen to improve his sculpt :(
oh so that's how it all started.

Mother_computer-alien.jpg

More likely HT decision then the sculptor on this,I'm not blaming them don't bother to put much resources bcos the line wasn't too benefit for them,but will be nice if Alien/Pred line get the treatment as same as others or not,just let go these licenses some else instead and along their other line.

Just saying,knowing it won't be happen.

please improve the rubber quality and give us a new sculpt

It's......okay. Legs look a little short. If they were longer and it was a plastic instead of the rubber I would more likely get it.
If it doesn't sell well because of a half-hearted approach to it I hope it doesn't lessen the chances of a re-release of the marines but it probably will.
Headsculpt on that one shot looks good but cannot say more until we see it properly.

Back