1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - ALIEN Warrior - HT Facebook says "coming soon"

4 weeks til the event... Hurry up already! :gah:

47242_1050239555014372_8012280763909285379_n.jpg

Here's a new and better look at the Alien figure. Price is included as well.

Comes out to roughly $280 USD but that's conversion from yen.

25854552320_a306431720_b.jpg

Last edited:

12513750_922705294517126_8846475366922721378_o.jpg

Friggin' rubber bodies. FFS, this would be so much easier to get behind if we wouldn't need to pose these things standing straight up. It's the Warrior FFS. These were puppets and gymnasts, not strawmen. We shouldn't have to worry about the crotch tearing or the paint flaking on these. I simply cannot fathom why they insist on using rubber bodies for characters where joints can be so easily concealed.

If we are indeed looking at rubber it has to be said, Hot Toys sure love not learning from past mistakes.

Friggin' rubber bodies. FFS, this would be so much easier to get behind if we wouldn't need to pose these things standing straight up. It's the Warrior FFS. These were puppets and gymnasts, not strawmen. We shouldn't have to worry about the crotch tearing or the paint flaking on these. I simply cannot fathom why they insist on using rubber bodies for characters where joints can be so easily concealed.

If we are indeed looking at rubber it has to be said, Hot Toys sure love not learning from past mistakes.
Disappointing to see. It's really weird when they do stuff like this. How do they decide that going with a rubber body is better than just having the whole thing properly sculpted and jointed? Then again they didn't bother to listen when it came to ED209's dome so it shouldn't be all that surprising.

They should just make them like giant Figuarts instead of using the rubber bodies. It's the only way to be sure.

FAT alien, first of a kind!
with paint scheme cheaper than Medicom.
does HT hate aliens? why does it make them look like clowns every time they make one?
from what i see i will stick with the palisades statue. it looks superior in every way except for weird color.

aliens_palisades-hottoys_03.jpg~original

aliens_palisades-hottoys_02.jpg~original

Last edited:

I still have my original HT Aliens Alien -- remember that blue guy :lol Both feet fell off over time.

what difference does material make if shape is a fail from the start?
oh right, i forgot, nobody checks shape today.

Well, if they cast the thing in hard plastic, they'd have to resculpt it; there would be no need for added thickness to support a frame inside.

there would be no need for added thickness to support a frame inside.
there is no need today for it.

0_9006a_10437c92_XL.jpg

seamless rubber bodies today (and their ancestors as well, i took the rubber off one to reveal the skeleton and use rubber for terminator customs) have a very thick rubber layer - and yet they are not different from other female bodies which are thin already compared even to male bodies and are several times thinner than HT Alien 1.

Fair enough. They simply have no idea what they're doing. :lol

Hot toys Alien sucks

Recycled Giger Alien body with new arms, head, tail, hands & feet. Like P said, he's too chubby for a warrior.

Also, as others have mentioned, I'd like a sculpted alien. Seamless hips, elbows & knees are **** for dynamic posing.

Still interested to see the PO pics though.

Back